PDA

View Full Version : First person view

Ormindo
03-29-2010, 02:17 PM
YES ! I KNOW ! This is not intended to be a fps, but an RPG, bleh bleh bleh. However, the actual first person view is... Ugly ? Even a camera right in the eyes of the character could be nice atm. I'd love to see my arms, my axe. I'd love to see those.

Any thoughts ?

Angelus_dead
03-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Yes, that would be somewhat fun, but it would require an amount of animation work that's hard to justify compared to how unhelpful that view is.

Visty
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Yes, that would be somewhat fun, but it would require an amount of animation work that's hard to justify compared to how unhelpful that view is.

well, the animations are already there, they just have to zoom in

Angelus_dead
03-29-2010, 05:04 PM
well, the animations are already there, they just have to zoom in
No, they are not. Zooming in on the existing animations would not produce an acceptable result.

Visty
03-29-2010, 05:06 PM
No, they are not. Zooming in on the existing animations would not produce an acceptable result.

what?
my character has a weapon in his hand when the camera right behind his head.
now put that camera a few inches forward till you are through the head and you have FPV

just cause you dont like the animations doesnt mean they arent there

Ormindo
03-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Well the actual 3rd view animations aren't totally fit for FPV. However, eye-cam would be better than void-cam.

Mockduck
03-30-2010, 05:00 PM
what?
my character has a weapon in his hand when the camera right behind his head.
now put that camera a few inches forward till you are through the head and you have FPV

just cause you dont like the animations doesnt mean they arent there

There was a dev post a year or so ago about this, but that's exactly how it works - moves the camera to right in front of your head. Weapons don't show when that happens and it would involve tons of animation work to get working right. I'd support it - but agreed with another poster that it would be a lot more work than benefit those of us who use FPV.

Alanim
03-30-2010, 05:10 PM
It would be so awesome to be a monk in FPS, imagine those back flips etc. God that'd be awesome.

NuclearCoffee
03-31-2010, 03:46 AM
YES ! I KNOW ! This is not intended to be a fps, but an RPG, bleh bleh bleh. However, the actual first person view is... Ugly ? Even a camera right in the eyes of the character could be nice atm. I'd love to see my arms, my axe. I'd love to see those.

Any thoughts ?

That requres more animation than u know, it's not as simple as u think!
It's not as simple as looking at you arms that u see in 3rd person

Ormindo
03-31-2010, 11:21 AM
I know that. If we want a good FPS (first person slicer) view, the animations must be re-made. The 3rd person ones are unaccurate.

Visty
03-31-2010, 11:56 AM
There was a dev post a year or so ago about this, but that's exactly how it works - moves the camera to right in front of your head. Weapons don't show when that happens and it would involve tons of animation work to get working right. I'd support it - but agreed with another poster that it would be a lot more work than benefit those of us who use FPV.

its not working like that, no matter what the devs say
in the current version you dont see your weapon
they would just have to fix that cause there are times where there are weapons in front of you and you should see them

Cylinwolf
03-31-2010, 07:38 PM
its not working like that, no matter what the devs say
in the current version you dont see your weapon
they would just have to fix that cause there are times where there are weapons in front of you and you should see them

Think about what parts of the weapons would be in your direct view when looking through the eyes of your character next time you're on the game. It wouldn't look right and it wouldn't look pretty, that's why they're hidden.

If you play an FPS, the weapons usually are not realistically as low as they should be or else you wouldn't be able to see them well. (Especially in the case of the games where they give ammo readouts on the gun itself.) Their models would actually sit against their shoulder, not on their hip.

This is also why bullets in FPS's are actually fired from the eyes of a character. The difference in where you can see your gun barrel end and where it ends on the 3d person model are different.

naimen
04-04-2010, 05:30 PM
they should just make it like oblivion, then it's perfect

twix
04-04-2010, 06:38 PM
not signed.