PDA

View Full Version : Where does all the pvp happen?

archangelthunderbird
03-29-2010, 10:00 AM
You can probably tell i'm a new player who has yet to achieve a lvl 20 char yet,
but each time i go to an npc to start a fight Im always informed that they cannot find someone to match me with, or a team or whatever.
Is there some weird rule that only high levels fight, or is there some aspect of the games I'm missing in order to go into some pvp. help me out

shadowsaun
03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
There is no PVP "waiting for challenger" system. You are trying to form a battle with only you in it...you need a group of people, split into teams (right click names, convert to pvp/raid group, then select color) for the guy outside the tavern to set up a match for you. The other way to do it, is find a challenger and click the challenge player button on there icon (you get it when you select a player target). This will let you set up the rules while people are waiting to battle you. There are a few threads about PvP if you want to learn what your getting into. Also, message me in game (I see your on Orien) and Ill be happy to give you other tips: Shadowsaun

shadowsaun
04-21-2010, 09:58 AM
In case your still interested, all the PvP is in my guild :) Join us.

Ashurr
04-21-2010, 11:26 AM
All the PvP takes place in another MMO - seriously, PvP in DDO is basically worthless. Whiles yes, PvP is and always has been a form of "E-Peen" nowhere else is it as much so as here....at least other games let you steal Gold/items from defeated opponents. Here, the only recognition you get is a few " yeyuhhh, ya kicked his ass dude!" in chat.

Vanshilar
04-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Where does all the pvp happen?

Mostly in the Wayward Lobster.

shadowsaun
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
Yes Mostly in ....

The Wayward Lobster: Guild leader: Shadowsaun

PM me for real pvp. I like it, my teams like it. Everyone else could care less, so might as well rule yes?

Thats right...let the people who do not care, not care. PvP is a joke in this game yes, but it can be as fun as you make it.

Gunga
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Mostly in WarHammer.

porq
04-21-2010, 03:27 PM
All the PvP takes place in another MMO - seriously, PvP in DDO is basically worthless. Whiles yes, PvP is and always has been a form of "E-Peen" nowhere else is it as much so as here....at least other games let you steal Gold/items from defeated opponents. Here, the only recognition you get is a few " yeyuhhh, ya kicked his ass dude!" in chat.

I'm pretty sure most of the people that do hop into the brawling pit in DDO aren't in it for the recognition. I sure know I'm not, it's just a place to mess around in 'til the next quest or whatever. The lack of any titles or material gain certainly doesn't deter me or any of the people already there from hopping down in the first place, and certainly doesn't detract from the fact it's fun as a side of fluff in DDO.

Would I join a DDO guild specifically for pvp? Likely no, but I'm not gonna knock it :)

shadowsaun
04-22-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the people that do hop into the brawling pit in DDO aren't in it for the recognition. I sure know I'm not, it's just a place to mess around in 'til the next quest or whatever. The lack of any titles or material gain certainly doesn't deter me or any of the people already there from hopping down in the first place, and certainly doesn't detract from the fact it's fun as a side of fluff in DDO.

Would I join a DDO guild specifically for pvp? Likely no, but I'm not gonna knock it :) /\ wonderful attitude goes along way

Pvp in DDO is a social thing. And I do play for recognition. If you play, you will know me for sure. People who do not like, or choose to bash ddo pvp should not come onto our turf.

I take pleasure in killing you, after all I am looking for a fight.

revenftbm
04-26-2010, 08:48 PM
/\ wonderful attitude goes along way

Pvp in DDO is a social thing. And I do play for recognition. If you play, you will know me for sure. People who do not like, or choose to bash ddo pvp should not come onto our turf.

I take pleasure in killing you, after all I am looking for a fight.

the brain slug is pleased that pvp on other servers is strong

:)

shadowsaun
04-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Ive only been playing for 4 months. I spent FIVE YEARS in PvP on Guild wars. If I get anywhere close to that on DDO...oh lordie lol

I have so much fun with my TR force MM :) Yum!

revenftbm
04-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Ive only been playing for 4 months. I spent FIVE YEARS in PvP on Guild wars. If I get anywhere close to that on DDO...oh lordie lol

make sure you put a little into force spec i love my TR mm on machine :)

Mythal
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM

lol i was just about to say that, and give links to good PvP MMO's.

pvp in this game is pointless, there is no class balance for it, the game isnt designed for it, and its all isntanced anyway so what would be the point?

Bully1: Hey you! Ya! Join my group and lets go into waterworks so i can punch your face!
Bully2: OK youre on! RAAAH! Meet you there at the entrance! Wait let me go repair first!

uh huh........
pvp is about getting ganked when you least expect it, meaning you play in a world that has a tinge of danger to it. ddo can never be this, go look for another game if you want pvp, i play a few and if you want suggestions let me know.

shadowsaun
04-27-2010, 01:02 PM
make sure you put a little into force spec i love my TR mm on machine :)

Good idea, but Im pretty happy with my crits off Elf-crafted GH robe for now :)

shadowsaun
04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
lol i was just about to say that, and give links to good PvP MMO's.

pvp in this game is pointless, there is no class balance for it, the game isnt designed for it, and its all isntanced anyway so what would be the point?

Bully1: Hey you! Ya! Join my group and lets go into waterworks so i can punch your face!
Bully2: OK youre on! RAAAH! Meet you there at the entrance! Wait let me go repair first!

uh huh........
pvp is about getting ganked when you least expect it, meaning you play in a world that has a tinge of danger to it. ddo can never be this, go look for another game if you want pvp, i play a few and if you want suggestions let me know.

What I don't get is why people like you (meaning pointing to another game for PvP in OUR games forums when someone asks about OUR games PvP *not a personal insult to you Mythal you seem cool) even post a response.

And your wrong. PvP is not completely pointless. You just need to be more creative. The OP hasn't even responded to this dead thread.

...thanks for giving one more potential PvPer some unneeded discouragement.

ArichValtrahn
04-27-2010, 01:10 PM

Same here.. came from GW. PvP is a disaster with the D&D rule system this game runs with.

shadowsaun
04-27-2010, 01:28 PM
I know. But I actually do like it. And one thing about GW. I was sooooo board of Pve. DDO so kicks GW ass in every way (except hard core PvP). Im hoping the new guild improvement will bring people together more, and hell..maybe well see GvG? Please take note on my comments: I NEVER expect nor want any change in DDO for PvPers, it would be so wrong. I just want to encourage people to make the most out of what we have, were lucky to have any PvP. Good to see some conversation gong about it again. Orien seems like a very quite server!

Now who wants to fight me tonight before I have to move and not be logged for a few days....

At level 10, I consider you level 20 'anythings' a challenge instead of a quick snack. Kill me before I level or you never will. I only dodge and do MM so you DO have a small chance and getting your epeen hard. And if you want a group match...I can call my lobsters in...if you can take the heat.

Muhahahaah

archangelthunderbird
04-27-2010, 02:18 PM
Its a little strange to me that in game ther are many brawling areas, but the only one I ever see being used is the wayward lobster.

I just spent about two hours in the wayward lobster with my cleric, and noticed very quickly the imbalance. It would be awesome if I could switch up my abilities for pvp and then switch them back when my role as a support healer is required. It seems monks have all the power when it comes to pvp.

I do have to say however I did enjoy my time brawling. Hopefully I can level my sorc to brawl status, but bypassing SR seemed to be a heavy problem with my cleric whos wisdom is 31 with all my buffs and has both spell pen. feats.
Is there anyway to bypass death ward?

Missing_Minds
04-27-2010, 02:36 PM
And your wrong. PvP is not completely pointless. You just need to be more creative. The OP hasn't even responded to this dead thread.

PvP is character reward worthless.

PvP may have emotional value to the player. It is exactly what you the player make it to be. Fun or worthless.

PvP is practical only in the sense of data gathering.

The only thing I really wish Turbine would do (and I dislike PvP a lot) is to owe up and freaking put in the leadership board they promised back in Mod 3. That was years ago. The company said they were going to do this, and even teased about it... a year ago.

Put the dam thing in.

archangelthunderbird
04-27-2010, 02:57 PM
What I don't get is why people like you (meaning pointing to another game for PvP in OUR games forums when someone asks about OUR games PvP *not a personal insult to you Mythal you seem cool) even post a response.

...thanks for giving one more potential PvPer some unneeded discouragement.

hahaha, i put this thread up months ago, and only just recently tried pvp

weewoo0
05-05-2010, 09:04 AM
i played guild wars too. mainly PvE but still. the biggest problem i had with it was that if you ever tried to get into higher end PvP heroes ascent or ranked guild battles you either had to work to do it every day on FotM builds or just own everything and be able to run anything at any moment. brought my fun little searing heat elementalist in there and well ended up running all sorts of stuff but what i wanted to run because it was a FotM build based system. now here in DDO we can't roll up a lvl 20 instantly (you could do that for PvP only chars in guild wars) so our lvl 20 flavor of the month builds stay that way...... till they are reincarnated and we start over. if you want REAL PvP just try to stay in the sweet spot of lvl 10-14ish where there are no overpowered instakills and shield clickies start to appear (yes yes not to knock your little magic missile thing but i bet shield clickies give you a bit of trouble if they throw it up in between dispels). we just need to find a happy medium where no characters are overpowered (wizzies once they get lvl 8 and 9 spells) (melees once they get a shield clicky) (monks.....) and where no equipment is balance breaking (lvl 16 TR w/ full greensteel regalia vs a TRed casual 20 you figure out who'd win) to make PvP in DDO much much better imho. but then again...... i'm probably a bit biased coming from guild wars where i ran 1 FotM build and then several balanced builds....... oh well ^^ didn't get much into PvP there and likely won't here either...... unless my pally stops getting ganked as he comes in there.....
(sry if i missed some "forum unspoken rule" still new here)

shadowsaun
05-05-2010, 09:15 AM
TRed MM's can not be blocked by shield, or anything else for that matter :)

Its too bad we cant roll pvp only characters in ddo. If they ever did the monster battle thing I would be all over it! The best way to play (this both sucks and is cool) PvP is to agree on the rules before the match. At any level, you can taper down the skill set to even the playing field. In this way, we can have "skill bars" that are approved. Say like GW, you can only use 8 skills. And so on, just have to be creative...join with like minded people. 99% of the ddo player base HATES ddo pvp. So its easy to get in a nitch of people who appreciate it since most of us play together.

Just let it be known, the should never balance this game for PvP....

I know you remember what that did to GW

weewoo0
05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
remember smiter's boon? pre-nerf? now its a minute cooldown >< and does nothing relevant to anything...... i mean they started just banging the nerf stick at everything and.... god...... wonder what happened to my perma-SF 'sin..... bet he's beyond gimp now..... oh well ^^ haven't touched it in a long while.
anyways we need to make something akin to this but for serverwide brawling events. something like a tournament where the organizers put together a worthwile prize. lets stop waiting for tubine to do that and just do it ourselves!!! (could do like all pallies to house J's brawling area and the one who comes out alive moves on to the wayward lobster, wizzies to house P brawling etc. yes we'd have to have multiple rounds but think about it!!! twink wizzie vs twitchy barb!! kensai fighter vs an arcane archer ranger!!! think of the possibilities!!!)
oh.... and thanks for the heads up on the TR MM xD i woulda been hittin my shield clicky as soon as i saw you if you hadn't and been going how is it getting through???

weewoo0
05-05-2010, 12:14 PM
oh and on the monster fighting... you mean like polymock?

shadowsaun
05-05-2010, 02:15 PM
oh and on the monster fighting... you mean like polymock?

wow your bringing back some old pains from GW...oh guild wars, how i love to hate you. (yes your sin is gimped 100%...but I was doing ecto farming with that build about 1 year before it was FOTM..need free ecto? lol)

Not like Polymock (although I do have all the golds, worth a mint) but more like they have in LoTR.

WE would be monsters fighting (human played) monsters. Look it up, its a great idea would love that!

A side note, people who play PvP here...and have experience with GW are ****ing there pants with comedy! ahahahahahahahahaah at least you dont have to be min rank 3 to play!

weewoo0
05-05-2010, 02:53 PM
on the ectos >< yep used to be able to get a few in as many hrs but now..... nope.... on the monsters O_o beholders.... :D. then again they'd have to ban all outsider teleportation abilities :'(
as for PvP here.... ranking in guildwars sucked xD here you see a lvl 2 run at a full buffed lvl 20 (did this was fun :D) and then get slapped cross the field rofl. just need to figure out a way to implement PvP rewards w/o the ranking stuff that drove me back to PvE again and again ><

shadowsaun
05-05-2010, 03:02 PM
You should really join my guild friend. I see your on orien.

weewoo0
05-05-2010, 03:21 PM
that i am shadow :) sry about the guild thing but my main and his little robit henchman are comfortable in god killers at this moment in time. i'll see you around though that is for sure ^^

shadowsaun
05-06-2010, 09:20 AM
I have rolled with them, good group. Ill see you in the tavern my friend!

weewoo0
05-06-2010, 10:19 AM
i'll see you there as well and hopefully i'llget to you before you gank me with those TR magic missiles