PDA

View Full Version : Conrads, let us do something about the "R" key binding

stainer
03-28-2010, 10:07 PM
Conrads (I think all of you are named Conrad)

Having autorun bound to a key is dangerous. If you accidentally press "R" you might run over the side of an epic dragon run., I was told, maybe. Anyway the "R" key totally sucks.

Nezichiend
03-28-2010, 10:35 PM
It sucks in abbot too!

Calebro
03-28-2010, 10:41 PM
So change it. It's easy to do.

Falco_Easts
03-29-2010, 12:21 AM

This.

(Under options, key mapping incase you didn't know.)

stainer
03-29-2010, 09:38 AM

Got that done now. It took plunging over the side in an Epic Dragon run to prompt me to do it though. My monk screamed Hi-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, splat.

Calebro
03-29-2010, 09:43 AM
Got that done now. It took plunging over the side in an Epic Dragon run to prompt me to do it though. My monk screamed Hi-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, splat.

PIcturing this makes me giggle. :)

SquelchHU
03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Ya know, funny thing. I unbound that key completely, and I still start auto running sometimes without even doing anything.

stainer
03-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Ya know, funny thing. I unbound that key completely, and I still start auto running sometimes without even doing anything.

That makes me afraid. Have you figured out why you start auto running?

rjedi
03-29-2010, 10:02 AM
I keep auto run on the "\" key just so i can pike in blind invites :cool::eek::D

Kaeldur
03-29-2010, 10:12 AM

Kamikaze? Oh wait, you're russian, not japanese. ***?

Belwaar
03-29-2010, 10:19 AM

This made me LOL. :p

I'd give you rep, but I have to "spread" it around...:rolleyes:

KillEveryone
03-29-2010, 10:27 AM
I have undid some keybinds because I didn't like those particular functions and didn't want to have to use another key for it. They were reset when I logged in again with the key that I set for that function and the previously set key for that function.

I should be able to unbind any key and not have it revert to its previous setting.

I'm not a fan of ctrl-w being the MYDDO hotkeys. I use ctrl to activate stuff because it works for me on my game pad and w for running. Sometimes I'll bring up MYDDO accidentaly.

SquelchHU
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
That makes me afraid. Have you figured out why you start auto running?

No idea. It happens even when not even touching my keyboard and mouse. Just I'll be sitting there and off he goes! This usually only happens when standing in town. Usually. There is a reason I've never done a dragon raid on any difficulty on any character.

Eladiun
03-29-2010, 11:35 AM
You know what's even worse...on a four button mouse it binds to button 4 which is usually the one on the right side under your ring finger (right handed setup). You know how easy it is to accidentally click that button.

Thrudh
03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
What? No one has posted a picture of Conrad Twitty yet?

stainer
03-29-2010, 11:40 AM
No idea. It happens even when not even touching my keyboard and mouse. Just I'll be sitting there and off he goes! This usually only happens when standing in town. Usually. There is a reason I've never done a dragon raid on any difficulty on any character.

I got the accidentally running off the side covered now. I will face rearwards, and the rocks will stop me from being a total tool. Actually, as my wife has pointed out numerous times, the rocks aren't going to save me from that.

Arkat
03-29-2010, 11:40 AM
What? No one has posted a picture of Conrad Twitty yet?

You mean "Conway Twitty?"

Schwarzie
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Doesnt help. I cant change the fixed keybinding of several keys. Known bug, ut AFAIk it isnt fixed yet (havent checked after the last update though)

Thrudh
03-31-2010, 12:05 PM
You mean "Conway Twitty?"

heh, yeh... that's it

krud
03-31-2010, 12:08 PM
my R key has been keymapped to spells or smtes for years. I don't even think i have autorun keymapped anymore.

Dexol
04-01-2010, 09:37 AM

I think your splat came a little early then, last time my monk went orbital skydiving it was more like Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, now were did i put that picknic basket and my copy of war and peace....... splat.

Slowfall FTW!

stainer
04-01-2010, 09:38 AM
I think your splat came a little early then, last time my monk went orbital skydiving it was more like Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, now were did i put that picknic basket and my copy of war and peace....... splat.

Slowfall FTW!

Lol. Very true.