PDA

View Full Version : Superior Potency vs. Superior Combustion

Frenexter
03-28-2010, 04:48 AM
Hi there,

In several threads I read it was stated, that a superior combustion item will amplify your damage output on fire spells by 75%. So it will be 15% per tier, however superior potency will give only 10%/tier.

Neither the item description, nor the spell description in the buff bar does state 75%, but 50%. In those threads I read that this is an error.

Can anybody confirm that a superior combustion item is giving 75% more damage output before I am going to ransack the AH for those items?

And if so, are there any assumptions why those items have incorrect desriptions?

Thanks in advance

Fren

TheDjinnFor
03-28-2010, 05:09 AM
I thought the 75% for superior X only applied to the temporary 3min potions. I was never aware of them being on permanent items.

Frenexter
03-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I mean 75% for 3 minutes, not permanently.

So I can assume, that this is true?

TheDjinnFor
03-28-2010, 05:17 AM
Again, I'm pretty sure it was only for the potions, which you can buy from House P. Let me see if I can scrounge up some release notes...

lekkus
03-28-2010, 05:43 AM
Superior inferno (clickie) does, not superior combustion :). The description however still tells it is only 50% which should be a bug afaik.

Depravity
03-28-2010, 06:13 AM
Further note: that's only the clickies/potions associated with specific elements. Efficacy (1 minute boost on everything) still only gets 50% max.

And if so, are there any assumptions why those items have incorrect desriptions?

because they just got changed recently, and whoever it is that handles the in game description text hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Shade
03-28-2010, 06:24 AM
All non-universal damage boost have been upgraded. They are now all 3 minuits and give +15% per tier.

Meaning:
Lesser = 15%
Normal = 30%
Improved = 45%
Greater = 60%
Superior = 75%
Epic = 90%

This is not limited to just the regular elemental based types (fire,cold,acid,elec).. It is for all clicky boosts, including sonic, healing, repair, etc.

Only one that is still 10% per rank is efficacy.

And yea Clicky based fire damage boost items = Inferno, not Combustion.

Combustion is a permanent effect, and as such is limited to 50%.

Pretty much this change means if you at all serious about nuking, you need to be using clickies, not weapons/accesories for your damage boosts.
Tho yes potion do the same thing, but I believe they cap at out level4 spells. So wall of fire is pretty much the only potion based nuke you'd be using at high level.

Frenexter
03-28-2010, 06:34 AM
Ok.
Thank you all for the clarfication and sorry about confounding inferno and combustion.
I definetly was referring to inferno.

wizzy_catt
05-08-2010, 07:09 AM
All non-universal damage boost have been upgraded. They are now all 3 minuits and give +15% per tier.

Meaning:
Lesser = 15%
Normal = 30%
Improved = 45%
Greater = 60%
Superior = 75%
Epic = 90%

This is not limited to just the regular elemental based types (fire,cold,acid,elec).. It is for all clicky boosts, including sonic, healing, repair, etc.

Only one that is still 10% per rank is efficacy.

And yea Clicky based fire damage boost items = Inferno, not Combustion.

Combustion is a permanent effect, and as such is limited to 50%.

Pretty much this change means if you at all serious about nuking, you need to be using clickies, not weapons/accesories for your damage boosts.
Tho yes potion do the same thing, but I believe they cap at out level5 spells. So wall of fire is pretty much the only potion based nuke you'd be using at high level.
lv5 potions in house p havent seen lv6 or higher...do they exist?