PDA

View Full Version : Racial items and loot

Veriden
03-26-2010, 09:35 PM
I think they need removed, especially with half orc coming in here soon, another race means another bunch of useless items to me that I'll pull from chests. In the past two months I have pulled 4 underwater action items of warforged only and 2 warforged proof against poison. So if you are going to keep racial only items in, at least fix the loot tables so redundant loot does not exist. Or hell, impliment a loot table that mimics that in the pnp dmg so loot as proper level per quest is given. I'm not the only one with a lvl 7 (fvs) who is still pulling mwk armor out of chests in sorrow dusk.

Visty
03-27-2010, 05:52 AM
those arent redundant as they have a lower minlvl and with umd they can still be used

honkuimushi
03-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Since we won't have Orcs as a playable race, I see no reason to add Race required: Orc to the loot tables. However, an interesting idea for an enhancement is one that would allow half-orcs to use Race required: Human items.

fatherpirate
03-27-2010, 07:13 AM
oddly enuff I agree...mostly

There should only be a FEW weapons with racial requirements...Magical Dwarven axes..some of the
odd half orc weapons.

With the exception of those weapons, all racial requirements should be removed, however
I can see having some class requirements...holy avengers for Pally class only, nasty evil undead
stick of whatever for pale masters...and such.

Rusty_Can
03-27-2010, 07:13 AM
In the past two months I have pulled 4 underwater action items of warforged only and 2 warforged proof against poison.

*Shifts uneasily on his chair*

Well, as you can imagine, there ain't going to be an official statement on this matter .... on the other hand, off the record, *lowers his voice* I can tell you that, recently, some of our best dwarf craftsmen are having a bit of a drinking problem ......

Veriden
03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
those arent redundant as they have a lower minlvl and with umd they can still be used

They are Redundant for the fact that warforged do not drown nor become poisoned. Why punish those who don't get the skill points to pump into umd? They have a rule of thumb in the dmg, if an item is rolled with features that do not make sense that they're rerolled. Only two classes I know get umd as a class skill anyways, and the rest chances are Cha is a dump stat (especially for monks, fighters, barbs, wizards.)

and for the dwarven smiths, that doesn't surprise me in the least. Though, the only dwarven drinking problem I know of is when they aren't drinking xD

Phidius
03-27-2010, 06:49 PM
... Only two classes I know get umd as a class skill anyways, and the rest chances are Cha is a dump stat (especially for monks, fighters, barbs, wizards.) ...

Stryde throws GH and Greater Teleport scrolls, and uses a 10th level Shield wand for the harder fights. Of course, he didn't dump his Charisma, but the requirements for RR items isn't very high either.

Nysrock
03-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Whats worse is Dwarven Axes that are RR. Supposedly by their very nature dwarves can use dwarven axes. So how is it that some of them are restricted to other races? Give a halfling a dwarven axe and the lil bugger is liable to drop it and take off a foot or something!! And don't get me started on those stretched out elves!!!

Now if you'll excuse me I thinks I'll help those smiths with their drinking problem.
*hoists a keg to his shoulder and walks off bellowing out a dwarven drinking song....off-key of course* :D

Lleren
03-27-2010, 07:31 PM
Theres a Difference between Humans and Half orcs?
How do you tell?

phalaeo
03-27-2010, 07:56 PM
On the issue of UMD....
I never thought I could get workable UMD on a Cleric. Clerics get two (count 'em, TWO) Skill points per level at 8 INT.

Try using the Character Planner if you are having problems. I was able to calculate my Clerics UMD up to 32 while still maintaining only three swaps and base 10 CHA.

Veriden
03-28-2010, 12:38 AM
On the issue of UMD....
I never thought I could get workable UMD on a Cleric. Clerics get two (count 'em, TWO) Skill points per level at 8 INT.

Try using the Character Planner if you are having problems. I was able to calculate my Clerics UMD up to 32 while still maintaining only three swaps and base 10 CHA.

A Human cleric gets 2 skill points at int 8 which is fine but what if you're not playing a human? One, or if you're a monk you need skill points for everything else. I am no noob my build does not allow me to take cross class skills. I don't need a character planner at lvl 20 monk I am still out dps'ing and out lasting fighters and barbs of my level. Thanks. lets see here, another point, you as a cleric can get 10 ranks (20 skill points) into umd at 20th level, so that would mean you need skill focus, and have a charisma at 54...highly doubtful...or if you do have a cha 54 you're playing the wrong class. Perhaps its you who needs the character planner.

Psyker
03-28-2010, 01:27 AM
A Human cleric gets 2 skill points at int 8 which is fine but what if you're not playing a human? One, or if you're a monk you need skill points for everything else. I am no noob my build does not allow me to take cross class skills. I don't need a character planner at lvl 20 monk I am still out dps'ing and out lasting fighters and barbs of my level. Thanks. lets see here, another point, you as a cleric can get 10 ranks (20 skill points) into umd at 20th level, so that would mean you need skill focus, and have a charisma at 54...highly doubtful...or if you do have a cha 54 you're playing the wrong class. Perhaps its you who needs the character planner.

As a matter of fact any character should be able to get 11.5 (effectively 11) ranks of UMD by level 20, 23 if they have UMD as a class skill.

Veriden
03-28-2010, 06:11 AM
As a matter of fact any character should be able to get 11.5 (effectively 11) ranks of UMD by level 20, 23 if they have UMD as a class skill.

True, but the point is, for a lot of characters Cha is the dump stat of choice, and further more the original point of the post was pointless items dropping. Why would any one even bother making a proof against poison or underwater action item for a race of beings who do not need such things from their natural immunities? Nonsense items needing eliminated is the point of the post. So, to come up with a umd of above 25 for any class with cross class in umd (aside from cha based classes bard and sorc) is a bit...not often happening.

fatherpirate
03-31-2010, 01:38 PM
the upshot of it is.

If an item is race restricted, there needs to be a good reason for it.
not some random chance.

an epic named item with a history or such.

Jay203
03-31-2010, 02:48 PM

visty, a RR: ML: 1 item like underwater action necklace is pretty redundant wouldn't you say? :p
same with RR for items like +3 skill items that have no ml to begin with >_>

Impaqt
03-31-2010, 03:18 PM
visty, a RR: ML: 1 item like underwater action necklace is pretty redundant wouldn't you say? :p
same with RR for items like +3 skill items that have no ml to begin with >_>

US is ml:7 now. Has been since at least update 1, maybe longer.

Emili
03-31-2010, 03:43 PM
DDO ... actually unrestricted mosty items... the opposite of DnD. DDO auto-sizes items to any user with the RR tag provided to make items ML a tier lower. I.E. my elven bard ran around in +5 mith chain shirt (rr halfling) for years early on ... now be it a tad tight fitting am sure she was very tired of mimicing said race... Thank godd she in DT pj's the past year or so...

UMD as a skill in DDO has and from what one may see ... will be far over-powered. The Requrements be met in DnD is one must concentrate on being a particular alignment or race ... etc... it entails that you may not mimic two things at once nor can while you mimic said alignment/race do anything out of the ordinary of said alignment/race...

... and so ... most people actually use umd to cast over the counter magic ... heal scrolls, resurection etc... a level 10 shield wand here or there ... quite frankly DDO has placed a value on RR items and likewise over the counter magics plus UMD for some reason - pp sync? ... Not quite sure one I cannot place a finger on - one thing I am sure of however is that the god skill UMD has become undermines and devalues every other skill in DDO (let alone DnD)

... thus why do I bring said up - well because RR is part of the system UMD and RR are both related to one another... change one, it changed the other and I do not see Devs changing either any time soon.

Belwaar
03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
You've been inconvenienced? :eek: How tragic. :rolleyes:

/not signed.

Belwaar
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
*Shifts uneasily on his chair*

Well, as you can imagine, there ain't going to be an official statement on this matter .... on the other hand, off the record, *lowers his voice* I can tell you that, recently, some of our best dwarf craftsmen are having a bit of a drinking problem ......

This made me L.O.L. +1 rep sir. :p

Belwaar
03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Whats worse is Dwarven Axes that are RR. Supposedly by their very nature dwarves can use dwarven axes. So how is it that some of them are restricted to other races? Give a halfling a dwarven axe and the lil bugger is liable to drop it and take off a foot or something!! And don't get me started on those stretched out elves!!!

Now if you'll excuse me I thinks I'll help those smiths with their drinking problem.
*hoists a keg to his shoulder and walks off bellowing out a dwarven drinking song....off-key of course* :D

I think this is the only one worth giving any consideration to. Why are DAs usually RR to Halfings? :eek: I support Nysrock. :p

hermespan
03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
I think they need removed, especially with half orc coming in here soon, another race means another bunch of useless items to me that I'll pull from chests.

Or you could just use these items on toons with UMD. That's what I do. Some of these items are quite nice.