PDA

View Full Version : Armarth SPell Help

matsuwani
03-20-2010, 10:20 AM
Hey,

SO I have done a few Armarth quests and feel totally useless, all I seem to do is buff.

Any thoughts on offensive spell choice so I am contribute more to the group.

thanks

Matsu

Visty
03-20-2010, 10:23 AM
whats your int, whats your spellpen

if your int sucks theres no point in any offensive casting spells for amrath

for example my cleric with 40 wis has about 50% to land spells there, so if your int is way less then 40 dont bother

keep your melees hasted and displaces, throw the odd web and youre fine

sadly that is the way amrath works

Daigaioh
03-20-2010, 10:38 AM
one thing you need to know about amarath is everything yourself and the mobs have greater heroism on as an environmental buff.

So you might have to use enervation a few times before mobs will drop to FOD and other instant death spells.
right now even with a spell pen of +27 to my rolls I'm still having to hit them with a enervation first.

hydra_ex
03-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Make sure the melees are hasted, raged, and displaced. That is your most important job. Web is also very useful CC to use. A well placed web can turn a difficult fight into a really easy one.

I would say to use acid/solid fog, but its still bugged (iirc). After its fixed, it too can make a fight much easier.

Mass hold monster can also be fun. In a room filled with many mobs close together, mass hold (on normal, at least) will grab at the very least 50% of them.

Taking out enemy casters is also a job you can do. Hotkey FoD and energy drain to two keys side-by-side (I like h and j) and simply target and hit those two button to kill. Killing the clerics in BoP is paramount, and sniping them is reasonably effective.

davidsub
03-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Like Dai said above, Energy Drain/Enervation+FoD works finely.
Also, Otto's Irresistable Dance works like a charm, especially on the tougher enemies.

Irinis
03-28-2010, 03:39 AM
What cleric hirelings to take to Amrath, that have DVs? If I have to energy drain 2-3 times before a FOD hits I'm going to run out of mana pretty fast.

ddoer
03-28-2010, 04:02 AM
in general, when a quest is tough, it is your best interest to keep the melees with displacement as if they go down, the mobs will go to kill you. :-) You need haste and rage for yourself anyway.

in armarth, casters have 2 approaches, either dps the mobs or cc/instant kill them. if you read the sorc forum, certain experienced player(s) advocate using spells like chain/ball lightning and coc to kill the mobs.

another approach, probably work better for wiz, is to do CC. When the mobs' saving throw is high, you got to use combo to make ur spells more effective, e.g.
web + wave of exhaustion
mind fog + disco ball/mass hold monster (or charm)
etc. if your spell penetration and heightened spell DC are not good enough, this approach won't work.

if you want to do instant kill, use wail of banshee, but make sure you have max Int/DC and you cast banshee against many mobs. say if you cast wail against 10 mobs, even if your DC is not high, 1 or 2 should be killed by you "statistically" and worth to spend the mana.

spells like otto irresistible dance and energy drain + fod will work, but i personally don't like to use any single foe spell as it is relative too expensive. Try to get high enough HP, make sure you can self-heal/repair (umd 39 or be a WF), get mana regen item like torc, bramble-casters/greater spear block / any DR item and don't be afraid to get hit by mobs and you don't need to dance them.

Try trap the soul. Armarth mobs are relatively low in will save