PDA

View Full Version : Managing Inventory~can we simplify it?

G-MAN
03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a suggestion that I would like to hear some feedback on and that is in regards to inventory management. Although I do like the idea behind the community inventory I do not think they took it far enough to be really beneficial. What I would suggest is that you have a sortable single bank inventory system that is equal in volume to the number of characters you have on a single server. In my case I have 13 characters all who have their maximum number of 3 bank slots for a total of 39 slots plus my community bank of 20 slots for a total of 800 individual items.I would much rather have 40 tabs of 20 spaces each where I can sort and divide up my items by type, i.e. rings, collectables, ingredients, etc and maybe even level. I spend an inordinate amount of time every week organizing and searching through my inventory. The characters individual storage slots would not change at all. I would not expect that this would be difficult to accomplish. I would like to hear from my fellow DDO players on what they think.

G-Man

Proud office of "The Lords of Stormreach" - Thelanis

Roman
03-19-2010, 03:59 PM
I would be happy with just being able to bind an item to a specific backpack space slot. That alone would make inventory management 1000x easier.

G-MAN
03-19-2010, 04:54 PM
I agree with you on that. It would be nice if our standard items that we carry on a toon every day could be bound so they would return to the same location whenever they are not in use and move loot or unbound items to different slots. Forgot about that issue, thanks Roman.

G-Man

erodite
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
My big idea (tm) is that they need Item Sets similar to the weapon sets. Those improved the management game greatly when they came along.

How great would it be to be able to swap out a whole set of bracers/boots/necklaces/rings in one go?

G-MAN
03-22-2010, 09:42 AM
Yeah an equipment quick slot for multiple items would be nice as well. While we are looking at that why don't they make the ability to quickslot multiple spells. Would be awesome to have a buffing slot that automatically cast multiple buffs spells by hitting a single button.

Cedwin
03-22-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting for them to add inventory/bank space to the myddo api.

If they do, it would be pretty simple to throw together an app for managing multiple character inventories, so you know exactly where those +3 str bracers are for your new lowbie.