PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Tomes

RudyRaccoon
03-19-2010, 11:18 AM
I'm starting to wonder a lot about these Tome items, I mean are they required to max out your character's stats when your raiding and pvp, and what I find scary I found that you can apply 4 stats every level according to the this Character Generator program I've downloaded which means you can have 80 more points in stats?

Visty
03-19-2010, 11:20 AM
not exactly
the current max is +4 via tomes for every stats and 5 total at levelups for all your stats

thats nowhere near 80

RudyRaccoon
03-19-2010, 11:25 AM
not exactly
the current max is +4 via tomes for every stats and 5 total at levelups for all your stats

thats nowhere near 80

So in other words the program is wrong and you could apply up to +4 for every stat and you don't have to worry about it until level 20?

Visty
03-19-2010, 11:28 AM
the program is right, i think more its you not understanding it

every 4th level you can increase 1 stat by 1 for a total of 5

then there are tomes which are items you have to find first. those go from +1 to +4 and theres one for each stat. and they dont stack with other tomes

but as the current way to get +4 tomes is to run the highest raid in game, well not run but rather grind as they only have like 0.05% chance to drop, i wouldnt count on them

RudyRaccoon
03-19-2010, 12:57 PM
the program is right, i think more its you not understanding it

every 4th level you can increase 1 stat by 1 for a total of 5

then there are tomes which are items you have to find first. those go from +1 to +4 and theres one for each stat. and they dont stack with other tomes

but as the current way to get +4 tomes is to run the highest raid in game, well not run but rather grind as they only have like 0.05% chance to drop, i wouldnt count on them

Ok, thanks for the info. =)

AZgreentea
03-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but I have a similar question.

I havent rolled a char above lvl 7 yet. How common are the +1 tomes I understand you can get from lvl 9+ quests? I get the impression that +1 and +2 Tomes are not bound, correct?

RudyRaccoon
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM

I havent rolled a char above lvl 7 yet. How common are the +1 tomes I understand you can get from lvl 9+ quests? I get the impression that +1 and +2 Tomes are not bound, correct?

Nah, no problem, your welcome to ask a similar question in this thread. =)

Jasimine
03-19-2010, 01:20 PM

All tomes are "rare" loot no matter what. However some tomes are less rare than others based on how much +'s it adds to a given stat.

+1 Tomes I believe can be looted out of CR 10 + Chests, or is it CR 12+.... Something like that anyways. They are rare drops but have a slim chance of being in any chest of the appropriate level.

+1 and +2 tomes are not bound, you are correct there. This is why you see them on the auction hall. +1's go from 150k to 500k gold depending on the tome and the seller. +2's go from 1 million to 3 million again depending on the tome and the seller.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM
All tomes are "rare" loot no matter what. However some tomes are less rare than others based on how much +'s it adds to a given stat.

+1 Tomes I believe can be looted out of CR 10 + Chests, or is it CR 12+.... Something like that anyways. They are rare drops but have a slim chance of being in any chest of the appropriate level.

+1 and +2 tomes are not bound, you are correct there. This is why you see them on the auction hall. +1's go from 150k to 500k gold depending on the tome and the seller. +2's go from 1 million to 3 million again depending on the tome and the seller.

+1 tomes can be found in Level 8 quests. For example, Tear of Dhakaan on Hard.

vhortex
03-19-2010, 03:25 PM
i regularly get a +1 tome in tear in all of my chars.
though i was able to pull one from a lvl 6 quest on elite. this is recent which never happen to me before same as pulling a +4 dex gloves (req lvl 6) in haverdasher on hard. this happen on sarlona past 4-5 days.

tempest spines runs almost gives a tome on each run to any of the 12 party members and this is the quest where i farm for a wisdom +1 tome.