PDA

View Full Version : Collectibles, bagspace and AH

Wizard1406
03-19-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm lvl 6, I have the 4th bag tab from the coin lords and enough favor for a 5th... but this takes a collapsed hole (!!) and 100 000 gold (!), so it will be a long long time before I get this

I constantly run out of bag space and have to leave items behind or leave everyone waiting because I have to sell

Collectibles takes the most space, since I only have the small bag and the medium bag costs over 80 000 gold (!)

I'm trying to make some money at the AH..
I see lots of collectibles for auction, but the question is what collectibles are worth putting up at the AH ? Any collectibles other than those used for crafting even worth putting up?

I tried to sell some "stone of change" mats but they never sold even though they were the lowest price... how many relists (3 days) does it typically take to get stuff sold?

should I just turn in some collectibles to the collectors to save bags space or keep trying to sell them?

Thalmor
03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
My suggestion is to sell all your pure water, that how I raised the gold to be able to buy my med bags.

I have also passed the favour to get the next back pack slot and I will sell all the pure water I that I get untill I get the funds to buy a portable hole and the back pack slot.

Baahb3
03-19-2010, 11:11 AM
In my experiance only those that are used in Stone of Change crafting are worth putting on the AH, and even then you may want to exclude the Strings of Prayer Beads and Furnery Tokens as they are very easy to aquire.

The only thing else that may be useful would be ones that you need only 1 for the turn in as there may some rewards out there that are usefull to people.

There are exceptions of course, Wavecrasher Cargo Manifests and House Sealed Letters are useful as they can be turned in for Cure Moderate and Cure Serious wands respectivly.

It can be a pain to turn in all your collectables to the many vendors but it is an excellent way to earn money when you are just starting...I know I collected everything and sold all the stuff I got from the turn ins.

Khimberlhyte
03-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Look here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=132855

The low level collectables that sell are the hard ones to find - Deadly Feverblanch, Vial of Pure Water, Luminescent Dust, Sparkling Dust, Tome: Prophecies of Khyber, Silver Flame Hymnal, and Fragrant Drowshood. Don't turn those in, but turn in everything else. Some I just destroy - for me, Amber Vials are not even worth the time of turning them in, but your mileage may vary.

Do a search for threads in the forums that discuss farming collectables. Haverdasher in the Harbour is a quick run with a decent pure water drop rate, and Tangleroot is also good at your level (P2P though). I pulled two Silver Flame hymnals in one day from the bookshelf in Tangleroot, just inside Splinterskull - only ones I've ever received.

Wizard1406
03-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Bag space seems to be a problem in every MMO :-/ unless you're really rich and can buy biggest bags and banks right away or are very good at keeping your inventory clean

ok the mistake with stuff not selling was probably the funerary tokes and prayer beads

I hope my tomes of kyhber sell. they are worth more (if people actually buy them at AH price) than I have made from vendors in 6 levels o_O

tihocan
03-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Collectibles takes the most space, since I only have the small bag and the medium bag costs over 80 000 gold (!)
This is definitely your problem, I wouldn't suggest to keep many collectibles until after you get at least a medium bag. The posters above made some good suggestions as to how to figure out which ones are worth keeping. Just trash the other ones :)

nndragon
03-19-2010, 11:20 AM
well also if you don't plan on rituals/crafting sell your dragonshards like by the thousands. Tip on using AH, write down or remember what you tried to sell it for (i always atleast try to make it about half of what it is worth and start from there unless it is a rare item or it is nice and you don't see it on AH) if you don't sell it with in the amount you put it for then drop the price. when you get to the actual value of it then sell it at the market. Yeah it is work but the fundamentals here are buy and demand. You could also not put a buyout price start it real low and it will catch there attention let them fight it out amongst themselves believe that is a good trick to. hope that helped

Wizard1406
03-19-2010, 11:29 AM
thanks for the advice everyone

I will turn in the non rare collectibles regularly (I need every penny atm ^^) and try to sell the others on the AH

Too bad the AH is really hard to use.. no search function! how long is the AH in the game? 1 month, beta stadium still ? just kidding - but every AH in a MMO that I'ven seen so far has a seach function...

Thalmor
03-19-2010, 11:31 AM
You could also not put a buyout price start it real low and it will catch there attention let them fight it out amongst themselves believe that is a good trick to. hope that helped

if you are not in a rush to get the gold this is the best approach I have found also. I once listed 5 vials of pure water for the max auction time and got over 60,000 Gold.

Fridas
03-19-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm lvl 6, I have the 4th bag tab from the coin lords and enough favor for a 5th... but this takes a collapsed hole (!!) and 100 000 gold (!), so it will be a long long time before I get this

I constantly run out of bag space and have to leave items behind or leave everyone waiting because I have to sell

I'm trying to make some money at the AH..
I see lots of collectibles for auction, but the question is what collectibles are worth putting up at the AH ? Any collectibles other than those used for crafting even worth putting up?

I tried to sell some "stone of change" mats but they never sold even though they were the lowest price... how many relists (3 days) does it typically take to get stuff sold?

should I just turn in some collectibles to the collectors to save bags space or keep trying to sell them?

The arrows that I get from turning in furnery tokens sell very well for me at the AH, I have sold tons of undead, holy, giant, +3.....I never sell them for what the value is on them, I sell them for a little less, but they always sell.

AZgreentea
03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
I went through this list:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=155251

And picked out the collectibles that gave me something I actually wanted. Now I consult the list I have written down on my desk and I junk anything that isnt on it. I really dont need to turn in stuff for +1 arrows, and if they actually make them part of a future crafting ritual, I'm sure they will be easy to find given the vast stores of them currently on the server.

nndragon
03-19-2010, 08:49 PM
well it is not hard to use if you know what you want yes not by item but you can search like if you have a specific item you want to sell use it by what your selling and lvl range for instance if you are selling a longsword lvl 2 then go on AH range the lvl 2 to lvl 2 then longswords. that is the best we got until they come with up something else.