PDA

View Full Version : im such a noob help

bradcrumble
03-18-2010, 08:15 PM
ok just a few questions is there a guide to what to do with first action points in different classes and how does one do a level as a different class have tried to read some of the posts on these forums but they are way over my head 1 cleric 2 rougue how does one do that game seems ok but im afraid to upgrade from free till i understand how not to cripple my characters

Gladiator_206
03-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Action points arn't nessiarily something you need to worry about, as you can easily reset them every 3 days provided you have the gold for it. Just experiment with what you think sounds like a smart choice!

And multi classing? Simply talk to the new trainer of the clas you wish to progress in when you are ready to lvl up. just remember you can only have a maximum of 3 classes on one character. Multiclassing isn't allways a good idea but can be spectacular if implemented properly. Going with a "pure" build (IE just one class) is rarly a poor choice and is highly recomended for newer players until they understand the mechanics of the game better.

Hope i helped.

Edit: Congrats on your first post on the DDO forums!

vettkinn
03-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Don't worry about spending action points comrade, you should experiment and see what you like. Resetting them later is somewhat cheap and only requires gold.

Ninetoes
03-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Hello Guy,

I strongly recommend against attempting to multiclass on your first few characters. What I would do (and did when I was starting) is pick a singular class, and play it to about 4-5 or so. Come back here and research it, see if anyone has the same complaints as you do. When you understand the mechanics of the class you're looking at, then look into the class split options that people talk about. If it's cleric you're looking at SirGog has an excellent post about the various "good" cleric buils, which you can find here. (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=223253)

Build discussions are not easy to follow for first time players, the only thing you can do is keep reading them until you understand what they mean, and get some levels on a pure (no multiclassed) class under your belt before considering branching out.

And, remember, your first few characters will be throwaway characters anyway. It's almost a given. Don't sweat it, they're helping you learn.

tihocan
03-18-2010, 09:11 PM
1 cleric 2 rougue (...) how does one do that game seems ok but im afraid to upgrade from free till i understand how not to cripple my characters
It's usually a bad idea to splash cleric on rogue because rogue gets UMD which is usually enough so that a cleric splash is worthless.
Never multiclass until you understand what it entails.