PDA

View Full Version : Haven't played since about Alpha testing time

skrewged
03-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Soon to be new player and I had at one time Alpha tested this a long time ago.

What I would like to know is to I have to start a character first before I can blow some cash on buying things from the store?

1. I would like to start at 4th level with that Veteran Status thingy.

2. I will buy a subscription to start with and do I get those 500 free points right off that bat or have to wait?

3. I also want the 32 point buy on my character(s) would I have to purchase that for all characters?

4. I usually play on PnP DnD games with overpowered characters by that I mean any feat, spell, class and character option available by WotC was fair game to use. I lean heavily towards the Arcane casters, Archers or a Swordsage rogue like class. Any help with links to a min/max build(s) that I could use would be appreciated.

5. Any other stuff you can throw at me would be appreciated.

AZgreentea
03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
What I would like to know is to I have to start a character first before I can blow some cash on buying things from the store?

2. I will buy a subscription to start with and do I get those 500 free points right off that bat or have to wait?

3. I also want the 32 point buy on my character(s) would I have to purchase that for all characters?

4. I usually play on PnP DnD games with overpowered characters by that I mean any feat, spell, class and character option available by WotC was fair game to use. I lean heavily towards the Arcane casters, Archers or a Swordsage rogue like class. Any help with links to a min/max build(s) that I could use would be appreciated.

***No, you can access the store from the character select screen. I use the "Buy more slots" button to get in.

3. I am 90% sure that when you buy that from the store it is across all servers. If you get it as a favor reward, its by server.

www.ddowiki.com is a great resource. So is Olathir's links:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=170873

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Soon to be new player and I had at one time Alpha tested this a long time ago.

It's a 1000 favour earning (easy to do) or buy it. If you haven't been in the game for awhile, I'd recommend starting at the beginning on one charcter until it coems back. ALOT and I do mean ALOT has changed.

Not sure, I'll leavethis up to another to answer.

THat is 1750 favour or buying. The difference between 28 and 32 point is SMALL. HOW you build is far more important.

Look inte Character builds forums here.

ALOT has changed. Take is slow for a few levels and seethe changes.

DoctorWhofan
03-18-2010, 05:15 PM
***No, you can access the store from the character select screen. I use the "Buy more slots" button to get in.

3. I am 90% sure that when you buy that from the store it is across all servers. If you get it as a favor reward, its by server.

make it 100% you are correct about that.

AZgreentea
03-18-2010, 05:19 PM
make it 100% you are correct about that.

Then its probably true about vetran status too.

I echo DrWhoFan about trying a char from the start. Even if you junk them later, it will get you some loot and get you familiar with the game again before you break something you really wanted to keep.

skrewged
03-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Thanks guys for your answers so far.
I have been reading since Saturday on this stuff, when I get the time and I am so itching to start playing right now.

So on the character selection screen or is it character creation screen you can access the store from there when making a character?

I will probably make something just to toy with off the bat before the store buying begins, like you said to see the changes and get the feel of it all back.

tihocan
03-18-2010, 09:18 PM
2. Shouldn't have to wait more than a few days. If you don't get them fast enough file a support request and they'll hurry ;)

ddaedelus
03-18-2010, 09:28 PM
2. Shouldn't have to wait more than a few days. If you don't get them fast enough file a support request and they'll hurry ;)
A good many of us (enough so that there was a lot of confusion about when it was supposed to happen) had to file complaints. It took about 2 weeks after an email before I got mine, so take "they'll hurry" with a grain of salt.

tihocan
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
A good many of us (enough so that there was a lot of confusion about when it was supposed to happen) had to file complaints. It took about 2 weeks after an email before I got mine, so take "they'll hurry" with a grain of salt.
It should be faster now. They had *a lot* of requests to deal with initially, the last couple times I had to contact account support, it took less than 24h.