PDA

View Full Version : Is this the same game when it was not free to play ?

kwispel
03-18-2010, 04:35 AM
I wonder if this is the same game where all my characters are stored when it was on subscribtion ?
Can i go on with my old characters from let say one year ago when i download and log in this game ?
(I played d&d for about 2 years i think when it was from beta .)
So, i dunno if i need to download an other version off the game on turbine and reactivated my account, or can go on here , but i won to go on with the characters i maded in the old or other version .

Trillea
03-18-2010, 04:38 AM
I wonder if this is the same game where all my characters are stored when it was on subscribtion ?
Can i go on with my old characters from let say one year ago when i download and log in this game ?
(I played d&d for about 2 years i think when it was from beta .)
So, i dunno if i need to download an other version off the game on turbine and reactivated my account, or can go on here , but i won to go on with the characters i maded in the old or other version .

As long as you log on to the same server that you were on before, your characters will still be there. Just know that as a former subscriber unless you either resubscribe or use turbine points to unlock races/classes/character slots you may not be able to use all your old characters. The ones that would be restricted would be drow or warforged. Monk and Favored Soul would be restricted too but I think you probably left before these were introduced.

Welcome back!

kwispel
03-18-2010, 05:13 AM
There is no server with my characters in . The former server i played was Devourer.
btw , i found the old forum for ddo from codemasters what is complete diffrent from this one .this is the link:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/dungeons-dragons-online-stormreach-295
I think im on the wrong place here to go on with the game version i know
http://www.ddo-europe.com/?territory=EnglishUK

Trillea
03-18-2010, 05:20 AM
There is no server with my characters in . The former server i played was Devourer.
btw , i found the old forum for ddo from codemasters what is complete diffrent from this one .this is the link:
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/dungeons-dragons-online-stormreach-295
I think im on the wrong place here to go on with the game version i know
http://www.ddo-europe.com/?territory=EnglishUK

If you were on Devourer then yes, you need the ddo-europe version.

Dexol
03-18-2010, 05:21 AM
Keeper and Devourer are still up in europe and Codemasters are still running them (into the ground some would say), so if you really want to play your old toons you will need to resubscribre with codmasters and download the game from ddo-europe as it is a different client with no free to play or ddo store.

Otherwise download the eberron unlimited client and start playing

Bjornsen
03-18-2010, 05:21 AM
hey kwispel,

i had the same problem, coming from devourer myself.
Codemaster sub is not the same as the turbine account, so it is actually the same game but not the same operator. i had to leave all my stuff on the eu servers and had to create a new account with turbine. as far as i know there is also no option to do a character transfer or account transfer from codemasters to turbine.

cheers

FuzzyDuck81
03-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Another former Devourer player here - updates to DDO Europe are lagging far behind the US version ever since the introduction of free2play & the store & there are often very few players online as a lot of us have moved to the US & restarted from scratch. Thelanis has a lot of former EU players (including pretty much all of my guild & a load of the rusties & LoX, i think Cannith & a couple of the others have quite a few too if you want a game with more activity.

kwispel
03-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Well, seems i go on from scratch in this version, since this is very alive here,many people ingame and on codemasters side , its almost dead .Just got a little trouble to run the game at first, but now seems its all ok, runs smooth at win 7, 64bit, ati crossfire.
So, i gone take a vip subsciption here, and build up eveything again .
At least i know now that i dont need to search anymore for my retired characters :)
cya ingame :)

MrWizard
03-18-2010, 08:12 AM
hey kwispel,

i had the same problem, coming from devourer myself.
Codemaster sub is not the same as the turbine account, so it is actually the same game but not the same operator. i had to leave all my stuff on the eu servers and had to create a new account with turbine. as far as i know there is also no option to do a character transfer or account transfer from codemasters to turbine.

cheers

that is a 100% fail on the part of turbine. They should work out a deal with codemasters. It is not fair to you guys/gals at all.

KKDragonLord
03-18-2010, 08:21 AM
that is a 100% fail on the part of turbine. They should work out a deal with codemasters. It is not fair to you guys/gals at all.

They did say that they have been trying ever since the relaunch and even in the latest state of the game.

so maybe its not that easy

or maybe they aren't trying hard enough

but at least they said it

Visty
03-18-2010, 08:22 AM
They did say that they have been trying ever since the relaunch and even in the latest state of the game.

so maybe its not that easy

or maybe they aren't trying hard enough

but at least they said it

you mean like we get druids at the end of 2007?

KKDragonLord
03-18-2010, 08:33 AM
you mean like we get druids at the end of 2007?

2007 is long gone

they have failed there and obviously there has been a change of plans (or a dozen) since then

2010 is right here though, and after they finish working on PrEs (sometime next year) they will look for a new race or hopefully class to add. That's when druids come back to the table.

I'm sure they feel as ashamed of their failure as we feel disappointed by it every single day we don't have druids, but it'll be easier to just enjoy the game by adjusting to the reality of today.

But No, its not Like we get druids by the end of 2007.
THis time there was a complete and utter omission of the acknowledgment that druids even exist and that the community wants to know about it with a burning eager passionate desire.

so after that, i just *shrug* put my palms in front of me and ...adjust my expectations. :/