PDA

View Full Version : GenCon 2010: DDO Party / Meetup...

Psyk0sisS
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
So with all the new found fame and fortune that has come to Turbine and its Reincarnated baby called DDO...what's the likelyhood that you all (Turbine) will be hosting a party this year? Will we have to plan our own again? Just wondering :D

Thanks!

Ninjaofthesea
04-20-2010, 02:58 PM
I am leaving my Friday and Sat evening open for now, just in case something happens.

totmacher
04-20-2010, 03:06 PM
does Turbine usually go to GENCON?

ArkoHighStar
04-20-2010, 03:08 PM
does Turbine usually go to GENCON?

yes, they were there last year previewing Korthos and the NPE, plus LOTRO

AZgreentea
04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Gencon is in August. I would think (unless they were planning way out), anything Turbine has planned would still be in the preliminary stages. They might have a space, but no defined idea of what they will do exactly. At least, not anything that is ready for public consumption. I would guess August would be about the time we see Half-Orcs, but thats just a guess.

Ninjaofthesea
04-20-2010, 10:54 PM
Last year Turbine was NOT there. Korthos and NPE were the year before. We had to get a party together at Jillians. Tolero was nice enough to convince her bosses to give her some promo stuff and she showed up on her own.

Shaamis
04-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Now that WB has it's hand in the DDO jar, what does this mean for the DDO Party at Gencon?

Will it be a large one like year 3 where they gave out DDO/LotRO shirts, and free drinks, or like last year, where one-two reps showed up with free ddo point cards, (but STILL a LOT of FUN).

Shaamis will be there Hell or High water anyway, I just need to know how many people I am going to dance drunk in front of.

I also will have a budget specifically for drinks :D

cdbd3rd
04-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Now that WB has it's hand in the DDO jar, what does this mean for the DDO Party at Gencon?

Will it be a large one like year 3 where they gave out DDO/LotRO shirts, and free drinks, or like last year, where one-two reps showed up with free ddo point cards, (but STILL a LOT of FUN).

Shaamis will be there Hell or High water anyway, I just need to know how many people I am going to dance drunk in front of.

Indeed.
All of the above.

Well, except the dancing part. I never did get drunk enough for that!

maybe this year.... :rolleyes:

cdbd3rd
04-26-2010, 05:53 PM
yes, they were there last year previewing Korthos and the NPE, plus LOTRO

Last year Turbine was NOT there. Korthos and NPE were the year before......

*Chuckle*

Time does fly when we're having fun, eh?

:)

phearchucker
05-17-2010, 08:25 AM

Count me in, but I don't drink, but Lynda plans on nailing me to the ground and getting me Drunk!
The Dirty Old Man of Khyber is doing his best to be there! Zeek promised me beer too!

speedyjr
05-26-2010, 06:46 PM

Time to start mixing drinks Shaamis, we will have to test out some new recipes this year, and find some stronger ale, that stuff you guys drink down there is way too weak, if only I could smuggle some Canadian beer there....hmmm.....

Steiner-Davion
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM
I have a strong suspicion that they will do something big this year.

As for Drinks, be sure to check out the Official DDO Drink List thread (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2852382&posted=1#post2852382) in my signature.

Mockduck
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I remember asking them about this at PAX East but didn't get a definitive answer. Something along the lines of, "we're still working on our convention schedule."

But, like last year, it doesn't take Turbine to get a bunch of DDO players together! We'll be hanging out (probably at Jillians) no matter whether Turbine's there or not. I thought last year went great!

Steiner-Davion
05-27-2010, 08:00 AM
I wold most definitely vote for Jillians on Friday night. I think a bunch of us DDOCasters will be doing an "Are You a Werewolf" Saturday night at 10pm.

Shaamis
05-27-2010, 10:03 AM
I remember asking them about this at PAX East but didn't get a definitive answer. Something along the lines of, "we're still working on our convention schedule."

But, like last year, it doesn't take Turbine to get a bunch of DDO players together! We'll be hanging out (probably at Jillians) no matter whether Turbine's there or not. I thought last year went great!

Shaamis will be there on Friday night or Saturday night, but if I drink like I did last year, I might need someone to carry me out!

enigma1122
06-02-2010, 01:42 AM
I think I am going to be there weather I want to be or not. I was told there will be a package at my door before I go to GenCon of things I have to give away to fellow DDO players.

Steiner-Davion
06-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I think I am going to be there weather I want to be or not. I was told there will be a package at my door before I go to GenCon of things I have to give away to fellow DDO players.

Man, you say that like it is a bad thing. Who from and what kind of things?

enigma1122
06-07-2010, 05:02 AM
Sorry. Not trying to make it sound bad.

Don't think she'll be sending me much to give away, but Thelanis' Cookie Queen Jaggie will not be making it to GenCon this year. So she might have a few things for me to give to random people.

Steiner-Davion
06-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Say it ain't so!!!! Jaggie is not going to be there? DoOOOOOOOoooooooooMMMMMmmmmmmmmmZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz1! !one

KannyaAryien
06-07-2010, 07:48 AM
We'll see if I can make it this year...my husband has told me that I'm going, but I'm not sure he realizes what all that entails. :)

Mockduck
06-09-2010, 07:51 PM
I wold most definitely vote for Jillians on Friday night. I think a bunch of us DDOCasters will be doing an "Are You a Werewolf" Saturday night at 10pm.

This makes it easy! Friday evening it is.

Steiner-Davion
06-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Now Turbine just needs to tell us they are taking care of the bill this year :)

Steiner-Davion
06-10-2010, 09:27 AM
Or Better yet, our new Cartoon Overlords should welcome us all into the fold, by throwing us a huge Kick Axe party! (sorry just couldn't help myself).

Jaggie
06-11-2010, 01:29 AM
Say it ain't so!!!! Jaggie is not going to be there? DoOOOOOOOoooooooooMMMMMmmmmmmmmmZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz1! !one

Yeah.. sorry.. Kinda got a house last fall and a car not to long ago. My monies = -200k gp.

Maybe next year I'll be able to go again but for now you'll just have to deal with my loot minion handing out all the goodies :P

enigma1122
07-08-2010, 04:03 PM
So Jillian's on Friday? What time?

Also for those who have not been there, I think this is the right info.

www.jilliansindianapolis.com
141 South Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46225-1027
(317) 822-9300

Steiner-Davion
07-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Did we start at 8pm or 10pm last year? I can't remember...

speedyjr
07-10-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it was 8, but the nights still a little foggy :p

Mockduck
07-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Did we start at 8pm or 10pm last year? I can't remember...

Pretty sure it was 8, but went on for quite some time. I am thinking of doing the live taping starting at 8 (make it a show less than an hour long) and then having the official start of the part at 9. That way people could stop by to see the live tape and take part in it if they'd like without interfering with the party.

Steiner-Davion
07-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Pretty sure it was 8, but went on for quite some time. I am thinking of doing the live taping starting at 8 (make it a show less than an hour long) and then having the official start of the part at 9. That way people could stop by to see the live tape and take part in it if they'd like without interfering with the party.

Sounds like a plan to me, if there ever was one.

cdbd3rd
07-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Sorry. Not trying to make it sound bad.

Don't think she'll be sending me much to give away, but Thelanis' Cookie Queen Jaggie will not be making it to GenCon this year. So she might have a few things for me to give to random people.

I have been remiss in my browsing of this thread. I somehow failed my 'hit subscribe button' roll on this one. :o

So, already had no Krysta (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=224406)... :(
No Jaggie now, neither? :(
And no... :(

Welp, leaves more alkeehol for the rest of us, eh?! :/ <failed half-hearted attempt at humor.>

Lessah
07-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Hey Hey!
Can I gat a consensus on the party? The show is being taped Friday, so the party is right after? I have Clanky working overtime on CTH swag! Is this still at Jillians?

Shaamis
07-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but

Day: Friday?
Time: 8pm for taping (as per Mockduck) and 9pm for party
Place: Jillians (like last year, same place inside (i.e. by the bar!?!))

If it is Friday, I will take that friday off to prepare, and make the drive.

Any plans on activities?

(besides drinking games)

Shaamis
07-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Shaamis is bringing last years raid loot as well:

1) a couple napkins with Tolero's scribbling of various D&D monsters:eek:
2) a couple IRL Festivult cookies (uneaten, of course) :p

Steiner-Davion
07-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Lessah,

Friday night seems like the plan. Main party to start at 9pm.

Has anyone tried to see if we can reserve their private party room? And how much it might cost?

Shaamis, as for activities, not sure, last yyear Tolero was giving away point cards if you could dance like different monsters in DDO. That was fun.

Other than the recording I don't know of anything in particular tthat is going on. I have made the DDO Drink list readily findable in case we all forget ot bring a copy of it (See my signature, and it is also on my My.ddo.com).

Mockduck
07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
No need to rent a private room. I seem to remember it being pretty costly, plus they were taken by other game developers on our big night. Last year we just showed up and partied - the place is big enough that an estimated crowd of 30ish can fit in fine (based on the numbers of the past few years when Turbine hasn't been involved.)

geoffhanna
07-28-2010, 06:46 AM
<decloaks>

See you Friday night!

Maybe there will be other last minute attendees like myself? But regardless I am looking forward to the festivities :)

Griphon
07-28-2010, 07:00 AM
I'm sure I'll show up for a while like I do every year.

This is the first year in a LONG time that I'm not working in a booth, so I might actually be slightly more coherent.

Shaamis
07-29-2010, 01:22 PM
Since there is a Shaamis on every server now, I have been doing the ice games to generate plat for items/recipes/loot/cakes/etc.

I think Shaamis might have to bring out his SACK again (like in year 3, when there was the big LotRO/DDO Part) and offer people to reach into Shaamis' SACK for goodies!

I'll have all kinds of stuff!

Candy Canes, Cookies, items, ingredients, upgraded weapons, and MORE!

If there is a big outcry for this, I'll make sure I have something in my sack available for any player from any server.

well.......?

geoffhanna
07-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Are you really sure we want to see your sack?

There's no <shudder> touching <shudder again> involved is there?

<brain bleach>

Shaamis
07-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Are you really sure we want to see your sack?

There's no <shudder> touching <shudder again> involved is there?

<brain bleach>

no way! Shaamis' sack is full of goodies, like that Saint.......Nicodemus, or whatever guy, but if I remember right, he stole the idea off of me.....

<pops the top on his Everfull Mug, and takes a drink>

No, this Sack will have items and a place to write your character name and server that wants the item mailed to them.

everyone that wants, will get at least one reach into the SACK, for a chance of a goody!

stuff could be just about anything lying around in Shaamis' Inventory, so watch out!

Psyk0sisS
08-02-2010, 12:46 PM
I should be there again this year, I almost forgot it was this weekend because of a crazy July I had :). So I'll be there around 8:30!

Steiner-Davion
08-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Vote for the Official Drinks of DDO Cocktail Hour and DDOCast

DDO Cocktail Hour & DDOCast Official Drink Voting (http://s7.zetaboards.com/Ddocast/topic/8334603/1/)

cdbd3rd
08-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Anybody got an organized print-off of our standard list(s) of drinks?

(The barkeep kept my hand-scribbled one last year....)

Krysta_Shadowvol
08-04-2010, 06:14 PM

Saddly Hubby and I won't be able to make it this year. :(

Steiner-Davion
08-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Forgot to print it out but I have it booked marked on my cell phone

cdbd3rd
08-09-2010, 09:05 AM
Forgot to print it out but I have it booked marked on my cell phone

Seem to have managed well enough with that Zombie Juice another crew were getting.

(L. I. Ice Tea, plus Midori for color - add a splash of soda if there's any room left in the glass. Or beer mug, in some cases.) ;)

Btw, guys. I'd like to get ahold of some of the pix from the party. The ones I took seem to have mostly been as blurry as my own vision was. :o (Camera is getting too old - kinda like it's owner.) :p