PDA

View Full Version : Generalist Magic Enhancements

BladedThesis
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
My main reason for this idea was to help horrid wilting become a viable damage spell in ddo. The damage is obscenly high but its not effected by any enhancements and the only potency8 is from dragontouched and just isn't enough to make it worth a slot.

My idea is to make an enhancement line for wizzies and sorcs that raises damage to all spells and not just one specific genre. As it is the existing enhancements add 40% dmg and 9% crit, now obviously making a generalist enhancement that powerful would break it, but what if we made it similiar in cost but made it only add 15 or 20% dmg and 3% crit, but to all spells (not stacking w/ other dmg enhancements). So a caster could still specialize in elemental or whatever but for their second spec, generalist could be an option. With a 15% from enhancements and 20% from potency8 from DT robes horrid wilting would become viable, but IMO not overpowered. Would also effect disintegrate which could be a little op with another 15% dmg bonus, but just an idea. I'd rather have disintegrate be a bit op and have horrid wilting be viable than have it stay as is. My two cents.

Visty
03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
why the divine hate?

BladedThesis
03-16-2010, 03:34 PM
No divine hate, I imagine the same idea would help divines use some spells better but I'm not as familiar w/ divine spells. Horrid wilting is kind of a personal beef of mine as its one of my all time fav D & D spells. If there are any lvl 8+ spells that could use a little buff for divines without overbalancing then I imagine a generalist enhancement line would be useful for them too.