PDA

View Full Version : Practice/training dummies

pyrebolt
03-14-2010, 05:13 PM
This has probably been suggested before but I'm new (hooray ignorance).

Been recently messing around with a monk and realized how it took me some time to get the hang of the finishers.

I thought it would be helpful to allow monks some kind of dummy to wail-on to generate Ki and then go combo-crazy.

But this would not have to be restricted to monks. I've read how spells casters could benefit when trying out new spells (testing range, area of effect, etc). Or ranged classes, arcane archers, whatever.

Heck, even melee-types can get in there and work out their frustration.

Again, I'm sure this idea has been tossed out here before. And some may say "That's what PvP is for", or "Just go to some dungeon". While that is true, this offers all the training/experimenting benefits without any danger.

But what about the spam of effects? Maybe some area, say off the Marketplace, can be made to hide all the spammy spell effects and general loud grunting. A training room if you will.

Thoughts? Comments? Idea-bashing? Thanks for your time.

Cashiry
03-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Go into thrask arena(von 1 on elite) and go to town on the 10k hps kobalds in the shrine area(they dont fight back)....

LazarusPossum
03-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Well, they do have that training arena in House Deneith where there's an interactive archery setup with targeted levers. There's some training dummies sitting conspicuously off to the left...perhaps the devs could work some code out for those, too?

pyrebolt
03-14-2010, 06:15 PM
Go into thrask arena(von 1 on elite) and go to town on the 10k hps kobalds in the shrine area(they dont fight back)....

Good to know! I'll have to check it out. Thanks.

pyrebolt
03-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Well, they do have that training arena in House Deneith where there's an interactive archery setup with targeted levers. There's some training dummies sitting conspicuously off to the left...perhaps the devs could work some code out for those, too?

Yup, definitely "seems" like the devs could modify some of those dummies. I'm right now standing next to the archery dummies in the Marketplace (next to the Ranger trainer). Strong urge to Stun Strike them dum-dums :P