PDA

View Full Version : Shapechange Spell

grodon9999
03-12-2010, 01:32 PM
How cool would it be to include this in the game? Just give the caster some option to pick what form they want to take when it's cast. I'd love to see wizards become Herzou's or something equally funny.

I'm sure this has been mentioned a lot but this is the second most spell to me (fly is the most but you can get it in Reaver Raid).

Lorien_the_First_One
03-12-2010, 01:37 PM
How cool would it be to include this in the game? Just give the caster some option to pick what form they want to take when it's cast. I'd love to see wizards become Herzou's or something equally funny.

I'm sure this has been mentioned a lot but this is the second most spell to me (fly is the most but you can get it in Reaver Raid).

When they add druid.

gavagai
03-12-2010, 01:40 PM

They would have to balance it so level 17 casters weren't better melee DPS than 20 Frenzied Berserkers and KotC Paladins. The shapechange tables would have to look something like this:

1) Long-Eared Jumping Jerboa (+30 Jump, +5% alacrity, -10STR/CON)
2) Baby Troll (-10 STR/CON, +1hp/hour regen)
3) Elmo (giggles)
4) Bunny Rabbit (double damage against vegetable-based enemies.)
5) Fir Tree (+40 CON, +200% fort, stuck in paralyzed state until spell expires.)

Anything more powerful and there'd be literally no reason to play a melee anymore. :rolleyes: ;)

grodon9999
03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Anything more powerful and there'd be literally no reason to play a melee anymore. :rolleyes: ;)

Hit points maybe? Shapeshifting doesn't give you any more (it didn't in 2nd edition). Even if you can transfrom into a CR17 Orthon you're not tanking Horroth with 250-300 HPs.

Missing_Minds
03-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Hit points maybe? Shapeshifting doesn't give you any more (it didn't in 2nd edition). Even if you can transfrom into a CR17 Orthon you're not tanking Horroth with 250-300 HPs.

It did in 3.x due to the fact you also got stat changes with it.

But it is the size/getting stuck factor that is the reason we don't have shape shifting. Hence why we don't have druids yet.

And we will never get fly save in special quests/areas due to how exploiting it could be.