PDA

View Full Version : Reading character builds

Elblanco
03-11-2010, 03:33 PM
This may be a silly question, but when reading a character build or multiclass build, it lists all the enhancements at the end, is that just where they go, or do you usually want to use all your enhancement points at lvl 20? if so why? thanks in advance.

Arcanecantrips
03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Its just easier when your trying to create a character out of game. Personaly I use my points at the end of every level (in game) or when I get bored.

Elblanco
03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
awesome thanks, it was really confusing when i was reading builds lol.

AZgreentea
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
If you are having a lot of problem understanding builds, I suggest you run them through the character planner:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=194531

It really helps to clarify why the builder added or did not include certain elements. I always do it before I try the build ingame to get a feel for how they will play out.

Kaeldur
03-11-2010, 04:19 PM
This may be a silly question, but when reading a character build or multiclass build, it lists all the enhancements at the end, is that just where they go, or do you usually want to use all your enhancement points at lvl 20? if so why? thanks in advance.

It's for two main reasons, as far as I know:

1. During your levelling up the "optimal" (or even available) set of enhancements may change from time to time, so you will most probably reset a few times before you reach level 20. Once you do reach that level, the builds commonly list the best set in their opinion (since it won't be changing anymore).

2. Sometimes people just don't want to take time planning out which enhancements would be better to pick up at which level (that does take some more time), so they just list what you would want to have at lvl 20 and you do the thinking on how to get there :P