PDA

View Full Version : Im new and was wondering...

Warrior6091
03-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Well I was wondering, how do you farm. I'm guessing you do quests over and over, but im not sure which quest is a good one. Im also open to any other ideas to make some gold. Btw im a lvl 3 Fighter almost lvl 4 :( but just started playing 4 days ago.

Trillea
03-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Well I was wondering, how do you farm. I'm guessing you do quests over and over, but im not sure which quest is a good one. Im also open to any other ideas to make some gold. Btw im a lvl 3 Fighter almost lvl 4 :( but just started playing 4 days ago.

Durk's Got a Secret has a good number of chests, and decent XP as well. So does the quest where you get Guard Jung's badge.

IgorUnchained
03-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Farming is usually done when one wants an item from a quest. Sometimes people farm xp or favor.

If you are farming for an item, you run the quest over and over until you get the item. A poster mentioned Durk's Got a Secret in the harbor. People farm that for the club Muckbane. It is a random drop from a chest that appears if a random mob appears. Enough "if and random" in that equation that it can take several tries to get it.

XP farming is usually done by running quests with good xp over and over, making sure to get their bonus for doing it on Normal/Hard/Elite for the first time. The quest at the Lighthouse and Osgood's Basement are great low level xp farm quests. Good xp that it doesnt take long to get.

Favor farming is usually done by grouping with a bunch of people who run quests on elite so that they can get all the favor from a quest in one try. This is often done at the expense of xp.

If you want to farm for gold (as you kind of stated), that is a bit harder. The best you can do is to go for the quests with the most possible chests. Kobolds New Ringleader and Smugglers are a couple of low level examples of runs with many chances at chests. The best thing for gold is to learn the auction so that you know what stuff is worth. Even the collectables you find everywhere have a chance of bringing in a decent amount of coin if you know what you have and how to sell it.

Atoro87
03-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm gonna hijack the thread abit but not much. I understand farming, what I was wondering is how imprtant your alignment is down the road. I rolled a Lawful/Good fighter because I wasn't paying attention and figured actions dictate alignment like they did in NWN. So....
Is aligment a big deal?
If it is should I re-roll since I'm only level 3 with my main?
What is the ideal alignment, outside of class based mandates for monk pally barb etc.?

7-day_Trial_Monkey
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Alignment only affects your ability to use equipment that is alignment restricted. Nothing wrong with LG. (and a very few conversation options in quests)

Symar-FangofLloth
03-10-2010, 10:29 PM
What is the ideal alignment, outside of class based mandates for monk pally barb etc.?

"Ideal" is either Neutral Good, so you can use the vast majority of alignment weapons with no penalties nor needing Use Magic Device, or True Neutral to reduce Evil damage against you. However, TN means you either go without using Pure Good weapons, or have enough UMD to use them.

But, beyond certain weapon effects, and a small handful of other gear, alignment doesn't really matter outside of class restrictions.

tihocan
03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Is aligment a big deal?
No, except for multi-classing limitations.