PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a thelanis guild.

Rand3469
03-10-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm looking for a guild on the Thelanis server that's goal is to help each other complete all levels of DDO. I am currently a level 11 Paladin and have been working on running all quests to elite, as well as obtaining all optionals, and finishing all wilderness challenges. I have been looking for a guild, but have been unable to find a group thats goal is to work together to help each other achieve this goal. I like to group with people who are looking to have fun and enjoy playing, and have become tired of playing with random people who can sometimes be bossy and suck all the fun out of playing. Hopefully someone can suggest a guild to help me find my place inside the DDO world were Ican find help, and help others enjoy fully completing every goal of DDO.

tihocan
03-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Most guild members would help each other when help is asked, but I think you'll have a hard time finding a guild that systematically runs everything for every new character. It's fun to do it once (or possibly once in a while), but only playing this way is probably not going to be fun for most people.

ddaedelus
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM
You might try a perma-death or static group guild. Many of them follow your playstyle.

Ministry
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Most guild members would help each other when help is asked, but I think you'll have a hard time finding a guild that systematically runs everything for every new character. It's fun to do it once (or possibly once in a while), but only playing this way is probably not going to be fun for most people.

This is pure fact.

Most players that have played for at least a year have seen most of the quests too many times, especially the ones with the most xp/minute or only know and care about the quests they can get through as fast as possible to get up in levels as fast as possible.

There aren't a lot of guilds that just play the game to enjoy EVERY aspect and nuance, but there are some.

Check out the Guild Listing at the top of this page and scroll through the explanations. You might find the odd one that suits your style, or...

Try and find a newer guild for newer players or perhaps create a guild for newer players.

Rand3469
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Mostly I am just looking for a guild where you can get help running quests, and in return you help those who have helped you run quests. So far I have not joined any guild and my experience has been that most people only quest to complete something new for themselves, and after that one quest is done are unwilling to help with anything they may have already completed. I on the other hand have tried to always help whoever started the group run at least one more quest even if I have already ran it. I figure they helped me out so I should help them. Plus I don't play DDO just so I can walk around with my pimped out level 20 character. I play to have a good time and relax. All I am hoping for is to find others with that same view.

Lagin
03-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Holy wall of text man! Paragraphs!

Well you sound like a player who would fit in with Smokeys guild, or Chainmail, or something up that alley. If being a level 20 raiding player is less of a focus for you than dungeon crawling hitting every possible objective, there are many casual guilds on the server.
If I could neg rep you I would for putting chainmail in the same category as Smokeys! lol.

Chainmail has always been a freindly / casual guild, and is not, I repeat, NOT a newbie guild.

75% of our members are raid-ready, and we can run with the best of any guilds, including yours.

Lagin
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
We at chainmail can say one thing almost no other guild can claim.
We since it's inception, have taught over 200 people this game, and we will continue to do so.

Call us a stepping stone; whatever, chances are, even Turgars guild has at least one of our past members!

So dont start throwing stones at a guild that tries to include the newer players, I dont see the Uber, elitist guilds helping a whole lot.
We have currently 5 newer players, that are in our mentoring, and for the 3 or so nights a week we spend with them is a lot more refreshing than any amount of time we spend you people that HAVE to complete everything as fast as you can .
Not meant as a flame, because typing cant convey my message with vocalization.

Turgar
03-11-2010, 02:37 PM
If I could neg rep you I would for putting chainmail in the same category as Smokeys! lol.

Chainmail has always been a freindly / casual guild, and is not, I repeat, NOT a newbie guild.

75% of our members are raid-ready, and we can run with the best of any guilds, including yours.

I said nothing about Bane. Matter of fact, the reason I mentioned your guild, is because in my experience the members of Chainmail that I met were very patient friendly people.

I'm not patient, and not all that friendly to flower sniffers. I respectfully retract my recommendation that you seek out Chainmail.

Fridas
03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone. Mostly I am just looking for a guild where you can get help running quests, and in return you help those who have helped you run quests. So far I have not joined any guild and my experience has been that most people only quest to complete something new for themselves, and after that one quest is done are unwilling to help with anything they may have already completed. I on the other hand have tried to always help whoever started the group run at least one more quest even if I have already ran it. I figure they helped me out so I should help them. Plus I don't play DDO just so I can walk around with my pimped out level 20 character. I play to have a good time and relax. All I am hoping for is to find others with that same view.

I would also love to join a guild like that, I belong to a static guild on Orien that i really enjoy being in and would like to find a guild on Thelanis. I am a level 11 pure ranger and I mostly solo but am getting to the point of need/wanting to group, especially with raids coming up. If you would like to meet up in game some time pm me and I will give you my character name. I don't really have a set time that I play, but it is mostly in the p.m. CMT and playing into the night doesn't bother me or during the day for that matter.

Turgar
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
We at chainmail can say one thing almost no other guild can claim.
We since it's inception, have taught over 200 people this game, and we will continue to do so.

Call us a stepping stone; whatever, chances are, even Turgars guild has at least one of our past members!

So dont start throwing stones at a guild that tries to include the newer players, I dont see the Uber, elitist guilds helping a whole lot.
We have currently 5 newer players, that are in our mentoring, and for the 3 or so nights a week we spend with them is a lot more refreshing than any amount of time we spend you people that HAVE to complete everything as fast as you can .
Not meant as a flame, because typing cant convey my message with vocalization.

I called your guild none of those things. And I honestly don't care who has been in your guild in the past. I have never declined or accepted a Chainmail member to group because of the guild tag. You even said yourself that you have a mentoring program, so was I really so misguided to recommend that this guy seek you out?

Lagin
03-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I said nothing about Bane. Matter of fact, the reason I mentioned your guild, is because in my experience the members of Chainmail that I met were very patient friendly people.

I'm not patient, and not all that friendly to flower sniffers. I respectfully retract my recommendation that you seek out Chainmail.

Thanks Turgar!
Laid back yes, flower sniffers, never!
However I do know how to make some foul tasting wine from dandelions.

Ministry
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
... I dont see the Uber, elitist guilds helping a whole lot...

So, which guilds are you referring to?

I know what guilds I think (3ish years of experience in game) are uber and elite in nature, and many of them do help... as a matter of fact, I can say that all of them have helped me become a decent player and / or helped in many other ways.

I personally have not heard of Chainmail helping any of my friends, but perhaps they have not mentioned it for one reason or another.

To state that Chainmail is a nice helpful guild and that Uber, elitist guilds don't help a whole lot is probably not the most accurate statement, considering someone like me with a moderate bit of experience in game has some contradictory proof.

tihocan
03-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Any guild that's not mostly focused on end-game content will probably fit this kind of description, with people willing to help each other and here to have a good time, not just grind their next 20th completion as fast as possible. There are quite a bunch of them, check the stickied list on these forums, you'll find some :)

MakeItADouble
03-12-2010, 11:17 AM
I recently joined CLAW and am glad that I did.

Its a large group and a lot of members are infact in a hurry to get through quests quickly as possible. Others are not and some want to do every optional, all explorer, etc. There is a little bit of everything but one remains consistant and that is that the members help each out quite a bit and have been well mannered.

-Dubs