PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for Chests

futencake
03-10-2010, 12:41 PM
I have been playing this game for a while, and I must say I am enjoying it. You packed a lot of D&D flavor in, and your staff obviously has fun making the game. I am constantly running into little things that someone who is obviously an old time D&D player spent some serious love geeking out on.

That said, this game is missing something.

MIMICS!

Why don't players have the fear of God put into them every time they open a chest? I mean, chests are really central to this game, why not Mimics? Imagine this.

You go to loot a chest... oh my! A +2 tome! Wait...why can't I loot this? What is going on here? AHHHH The Teeth! The biting! Make it Stop make it STOP!!!!

Stormanne
03-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Some of us have been asking for Mimics since day one. I would love it, especially if they were to retro actively place them in older dungeons as well.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-10-2010, 12:51 PM
While not a Mimic, there is a rather funny chest that sometimes spawns in um... Cabal for One I think.

I do agree though... Any chest should have a small random chance of being a Mimic. When the Mimic dies, it should spawn a real chest.

Schmoe
03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Yes! I would love this. Killer mimcs. Fiendish mimics. Fiendish killer mimics. The One True Mimic. It would be better than the Ancient Docent :)

futencake
03-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Yeah, any chest, randomly a mimic.

After doing the Xoriat infested inn the other night, with all of the puzzle tiles attacking us Army of Darkness style it just reinforced my need to see mimics in the game.

Maybe make mimic chests spawn +1 level loot or something? So they may be a pain, but they are also something you like to see.

Belwaar
03-10-2010, 03:29 PM
While not a Mimic, there is a rather funny chest that sometimes spawns in um... Cabal for One I think.

I do agree though... Any chest should have a small random chance of being a Mimic. When the Mimic dies, it should spawn a real chest.

Yup, it's Cabal.