PDA

View Full Version : ranged combat

manumase
03-09-2010, 04:34 AM
ok... so maybe i am bored of being called gimped because I like ranged combat, but is it so much to ask for somewhere between a 3% to 5% increase in BASIC ranged attack speed. I do not believe this would break it, and may well make some ranged players more sociable.
I mean i have a 17 AA and have had to stop because, hey wait, you primarily use ranged combat... (yes i have melee weapons but none to really scream or shout about). So I am asking this to make ranged a viable combat style, maybe I don't want to melee, if I want to melee I will go on my melee toons, but please for the love of god, just make ranged dps slightly highly by slightly raising the attack speed, 3% to 5% should at least make it somewhat viable to stop people thinking we are gimped

KillEveryone
03-09-2010, 04:58 AM
You'll still be gimped. :D

Gahlamair
03-09-2010, 05:03 AM
i may be wrong here, but as a ranger you do and or can get enhancments that do increase your speed with a bow, if that is the kind of ranged attack you are talking about. with rapid reload, bow strengh and many shot, u should be a formidible force. until i reincarnated i played with alot of ranged rangers that led in the kill counts on a regular basis. but as u progress, true reincarnates and cross classes come into play, imo, ranged rangers slip into a support catagory.

and, imo, if u dont know how to play support, u will wind up frusterated. i play a basically melee build and what frusterates me is when you dont have a ftr. in the grp to sufficiently intmidate, coupled with a ranger or caster who starts targeting things when the are 100 ft. away. the fight results in a chase and can make for a mess. so, i think you can still be and will be a force, just choose wisely the times and targets that you choose, and with all the other things you get as a ranger, imo, you will often be the last man standing, if you play your class right.

Zereth501
03-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Also, ranged attacks should be viable for any class with bow proficiency, not just ranger. I agree that regular bow speed should be increased.

manumase
03-09-2010, 05:07 AM
if someone looks at numbers, (remember looking at some earlier but cant find now) i figured out that 3-5% will put it slightly closer to melee but not match the 10%, for the DPS to match melee though would be stupid, melee should always be higher due the the fact its upclose and more accurate, but increasing the damage wouldn't really do anything, its the attack speed thats the problem not the damage

ranged speed is only increased with a feat, or level 20 ranger, but the ranged attack speed might open it out to more players