PDA

View Full Version : Guild features

Auran82
03-07-2010, 11:37 PM
It was mentioned in the last state of the game (hint hint) that guild housing was "Coming Soon!"

Obviously this hasn't happened, and to be honest there are alot of things guild related that probably need to be implemented before housing is implemented. I recently took over leadership of my guild and it is quite disheartening to look at the guild tab as leader and basically be able to do nothing beyond Promote to officer, demote to member, set successor and disband the guild.

Things I would like to see:
- More guild ranks - This looks like something that someone was playing around with from what accidentally came out in one of the updates (update 2? Can't remember) it would be nice to have something else other than the member/officer/leader we have at the moment to have a bit of structure.
- Labels on members - Whether it be player set or officer set (or both, like WAR) it's incredibly frustrating to have no idea at all whos alt a character is without having to keep an external spreadsheet of characters (or fill up your friends list with people from your guild, which just seems stupid)
- Improved MotD or calender - With the implementation of My DDO and the inclusion of the ingame web browser, it would be nice to see some kind of guild page implemented into it, only visible to people in the guild, could include things like a calender for events, messageboard/mini forum style thing
- Lastly of course, GUILD BANKS - I'm sure most guild have someone with a bunch of bank characters managed through an external website, and in many cases, I'm sure this was made by the players as a stopgap until guild banking was implemented and 4 years later, it just seems crazy that this hasn't been implemented

A plea to those responsible for these kinds of things, please please do something about it, at the moment the guild system is really not a guild, its a glorified shared friends list with a private channel. Most other MMOs have guild systems that are about a million times better than what we have here. From systems like WoW has (which is fairly basic, but has most of the functionality you need) to something like what Warhammer Online has (with the guild gaining xp and levels and full customisation of guild standards, permissions etc)

It's just crazy the amount of stuff that has to be done externally to the game guild wise.

DoctorWhofan
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM
WHe HAD more guild ranks and labels, even customized ones, butthey didn't work quite as expected. But we know they are working on that.

The rest, I agree. Guild Banks and Houses would be nice.

Auran82
03-08-2010, 12:01 AM
WHe HAD more guild ranks and labels, even customized ones, butthey didn't work quite as expected. But we know they are working on that.

The rest, I agree. Guild Banks and Houses would be nice.

The guild ranks we had we quite funny at the time, but I think the whole guild system really needs to be removed from the who panel and given its own interface, as it is it sorta looks like it was a last minute addition and was probably going to be implemented differently but they just never were able to.