PDA

View Full Version : spell resist stacking affect?

bree22
03-07-2010, 11:27 AM
i am drow with 16 srs for enchancements. If i got a belt with 15 SR on it due they stack to 31?

Also what is good to resist hold spells? I hate being held. hehehe

Visty
03-07-2010, 11:29 AM
SR from race and items and spells dont stack

to avoid getting held buff up your willsave, get the freedom of movement spell cast on you or get the boots from the dragon raid (those give permanent fom)

Kaldais
03-07-2010, 12:46 PM
i am drow with 16 srs for enchancements. If i got a belt with 15 SR on it due they stack to 31?

Also what is good to resist hold spells? I hate being held. hehehe

Spell resistance does not stack, no matter the source. Only the highest will be active.

ivar415
03-07-2010, 01:36 PM
General rule in AD&D: If it´s awesome, it won´t stack. :D

tihocan
03-08-2010, 08:36 AM
General rule in AD&D: If it´s awesome, it won´t stack. :D
True, but neither SR items nor Drow SR is awesome :rolleyes:

Crann
03-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Is there a generally accepted "Useful SR by Level" chart anywhere? I have items and feats on toons of various levels and was wondering what SR I should be striving for as my characters progress through the levels. I understand the math behind the check, but I dont know what the various modifiers, such as spell pen and ability modifiers, are for the different mobs.

Kaldais
03-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Is there a generally accepted "Useful SR by Level" chart anywhere? I have items and feats on toons of various levels and was wondering what SR I should be striving for as my characters progress through the levels. I understand the math behind the check, but I dont know what the various modifiers, such as spell pen and ability modifiers, are for the different mobs.

Generally speaking monsters does not have spell pen. Which is the only modifier to penetrate spell resistance. Their caster level + feat/item modifier, and in DDO, a caster monster's CR level generally indicates their caster level.
So a CR5 kobold shaman will be casting as a level 5 sorc, and in order to have 50% SR effectiveness, you will need 11+their CR rating, ie 16.

ivar415
03-08-2010, 12:51 PM
True, but neither SR items nor Drow SR is awesome :rolleyes:
But both together, stacked? :eek:
The fricken Drow would be impervious at that level.