PDA

View Full Version : Vet looking for guild

Ohjay_DD
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
This probably is a total shot in the dark but I'll give it a go nontheless.

About me:
I've been playing DDO since March/April 2006 and I started out on the european servers. In December 2009 I decided to give the US servers a go or quit DDO entirely.
My experience of DDO is extensive, I know most quests inside out and the same can be said for most game mechanics and classes(I've levelled most to cap).
I'm an avid soloer and like the relative challenge of soloing certain quests, especially raids.
Even though I know the game quite well I don't like to lead parties. If I have to step in and save a group close to doom I will, and if no one else leads I will, but it will not be my first choice to lead a party.
Currently I've got three capped characters in the US, a ranger, wizard and favored soul, and a couple more will follow.
Due to work I have quite varied playtimes, but I'm usually on during good "US" hours.
What I can contribute(apart from the aforementioned stuff):
I'm a friendly guy and I don't mind sharing, and I don't mind helping out, whether it be to run something for a particular item, get favor, or give away a raid item to a friend/guildie who has better needs of it than me.

What I'm looking for:
I'm missing some consistent raiding for some raids, primarily Abbot and ToD, because there aren't a whole lot of LFM's for these raids, especially abbot(if there is one they usually fail or do it on normal).
I also miss some of the social aspects of the game due to me soloing a lot, so it would be nice to have guild chat(in-game or chat server) to have as "entertainment".
Another thing is company when levelling, even though I can do it solo, well, this is an MMO after all, and it becomes more fun with company.
What I want is a smallish/mid-sized guild that is somewhat picky about who they let into their ranks, that can man up a raid by their own(at least enough for a completion no matter what PUGs might do). The skill level should be above average.

My characters are in my signature if you want to contact me ingame. Yuiri is your safest bet in trying to find me.
(During the XP weekend, 3/5-3/7 you might also find me on Cookiejar)

guild that is somewhat picky about who they let into their ranks

Sounds like you would fit in well with us over at DARPA.

The only issue i see is the constant solo play but you wanna be in a guild?
You also are not big on leading a party.

Just a few things to work on is what I see.

Dutch01
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Being on Thelanis give a shout to someone in Remember Honor. Good group been around for some time and fits a pretty good chunk of what your looking for.

DagazUlf
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
We might actually be a good fit over at TES, except the Abbot part. Everyone that cared to do that one has done it and moved on. We could probably get it rolling again, though.

We're a little focused on the Epic stuff right now, but with a few new members and several TRs we are actually doing some character leveling as well.

-Dag

Ohjay_DD
03-05-2010, 02:50 PM
After Alter's post I better explain a couple of things, if I can.

It's not constant solo-play, just something I fancy doing when farming for something I need, 'cause it's generally faster & smoother due to dungeon scaling and not having random PUGs messing with things.
Being in a guild there'd be less soloing 'cause then there's people to lend a hand for this and that and decent people to help me with this and that.

As for leading parties, well, not sure what to say, always been like that and I don't see it changing.
Do note tho, that I see a difference in leading part of a group in quests where splitting up is needed, and leading a full party.
Also, I find leading guild groups with people I know, easier than leading random PUGs that you have no idea if they'll listen to you(but who doesn't in terms of leadership).

Excuse my ignorance... but TES? The Exploration Society?

Well just do some research on the other responses, i'm sure you will come full circle to the first response.

www.darpa-guild.net

Stay organized,

DagazUlf
03-05-2010, 09:37 PM
Excuse my ignorance... but TES? The Exploration Society?

Right, sorry about that one. Had meant to make a link (http://my.ddo.com/guild-thelanis-the_exploration_society/)and forgot.

You can't go wrong with Alter's group either, btw. ;)

Lear_beta
03-08-2010, 01:58 AM
you really shouldn't knock Susy's solo play :) He's always nice enough to say "almost done with X quest, free chests if you get here in time" which is really really nice if you like to leech like me :)

Astars
03-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Hey Susy!!!!

Hands down, Susy (or Ohjay), is one of the most skilled players I've met.

and also one of the most helpful. (Helping out the New Blood and educating the next generation of DDO players)

A worthy addition to any guild.

As for abbot raids, usually i advertise some spots in eubies if I lead, but due to the xp weekends we were a bit slacking (only got 1 toon abbot ready atm)

Cheers

Ast

(And the rusties shall rule the world ;))

Ohjay_DD
03-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Thanks for the kinds words Ast & Lear(these are longtime friends from the EU servers)
Lear, it's even better now.. I can now offer raid chests as well :D

I've gotten a couple of interesting suggestions here and through PM, but I'll keep my options open a bit longer, so keep the suggestions coming :)