PDA

View Full Version : 18ranger/2monk or 18ranger/2fighter?

Achillzeus
03-04-2010, 08:14 AM
:confused:If I took 2 monk levels at 19 & 20 would I get the ac from wis added to the ac i have already from ranger?

Can I have everyone's opinion, which do you think is the better choice for a str tempest ranger and why? Could someone easily layout the pros and cons for each? Thanks for any input.:)

blitzschlag
03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
:confused:If I took 2 monk levels at 19 & 20 would I get the ac from wis added to the ac i have already from ranger?

Can I have everyone's opinion, which do you think is the better choice for a str tempest ranger and why? Could someone easily layout the pros and cons for each? Thanks for any input.:)

yes you would get your wisdom bonus to ac if you splash 1 level of monk at any time (but you mustn't wear armor to get it). forthermore you get a free feat for a monk level.

so i would just take 1 level monk and add 1 level fighter on top of that. that will give you another feat, the fighter haste boost 1 enhancement and a figher racial toughness enhancement for 10 hp for 1 ap.

you need to be lawful to get a monk level. and just splash monk if you can get a reasonable wisdom score (20 or more). you need some more items to get a good armor class though (like icy raiment, 8 ac bracers, chattering ring)...

Crann
03-04-2010, 08:23 AM
If you are reffering to the AC you get with the Tempest Pre, then yes. As long as you are not wearing armor, you will get your wisdom bonus to AC. But as with any multiclass...you really want to plan your build before you start it. If you want a Tempest type Ranger with a monk splash, you would want to look at EinarMal's "Exploiter" Build. http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168687 You are going to benefit more from 1 level of rogue than you will from a second level of Monk.....mainly by having extra points in UMD.

Achillzeus
03-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Wow, thanks for the idea of a monk and fighter build with 18 ranger.:rolleyes: