PDA

View Full Version : F2P Cleric and Barb team...

Bartex14
03-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Hi!

Me and my friend are both F2P (my english sucks so please be patient with it). At this point I've got a 2 lvl Cleric and he has got a 2 lvl Barbarian... We are just playing to have fun, that's why we're F2P only. Our tactic is simple... he's the muscles, and I'm trying to keep that muscles alive. In other words we have choosen these builds:
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2775730&postcount=2 (For me - Cleric)
http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=2775734&postcount=3 (For him - Barb)

We're trying to gather few more friends to game, but this is not sure so there's my question:
Should we worry about multiclassing ? We have noticed a problem without Rogue in team... Open locks etc.
Is there any good mullticlass for Barb or Cleric and why should we think about it ?

tihocan
03-04-2010, 12:42 PM
You can do fine without rogue skills as long as:
- you only do quests with traps on Elite once you know where traps are and how to avoid them (or once you are high enough level to survive the traps)
- you don't care about missing some optionals / chests due to the lack of open locks (or you are ready to pay a lot of cash in the store to open stuff ;))

Multiclassing any of the 2 above builds into rogue would be a bad idea at this point. It should be planned from character creation. The other multilclass option worth considering would be 2 levels of monk on cleric, but this should also be planned from start.

Bartex14
03-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Like I wrote we're both f2p so we can't take monk right... ? Anyway thanks. Solved.

tihocan
03-04-2010, 01:06 PM
Like I wrote we're both f2p so we can't take monk right... ?
Being F2P does not prevent you from getting anything, it just makes it more difficult to get ;)

Impatiens
03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
If one of you wants to multiclass rogue to make traps and locks less of a problem I would suggest rerolling with the rogue splash build planned out from the start. Multiclassing without a solid plan at character creation usually results in gimped characters.

Bartex14
03-04-2010, 02:32 PM
Yeah for sure you're all right, that a not planned from a start char is ****... but we're pretty new to the DDO, that's why I've asked for it. I know I can get premium classes for free... but If you read carefully we're NEW so we don't have enough TP for sure.

New question: I'm searching for a nice solo char (for my 2 free slot) Just to play when my friends are online etc. Any examples ? ^^

tihocan
03-04-2010, 03:06 PM
New question: I'm searching for a nice solo char (for my 2 free slot) Just to play when my friends are online etc. Any examples ? ^^
You can find builds and discussions by searching "solo build" in thread titles.