PDA

View Full Version : Guilds

Sorcinator
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Im curious,

Question 1: Are there any guilds on this server capable of and doing all epic content?

Question 2: Are there any guilds on this server cabable of completing all raids?

Question 3: If there are any guilds capable of doing all the raids are u or they capable of elite runs?

Question 4: Is there any guilds here doin all guild runs with no or very minimal use of pugs?

Thanks for any and all input

thandros
03-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Im curious,

Question 1: Are there any guilds on this server capable of and doing all epic content?
Epic Fail/Epic is doing epic dungeons though We waiting till the rest of are current Reincarnates finish leveling up for the Epic Raids should be a week or 2
Question 2: Are there any guilds on this server capable of completing all raids?
Epic Fail/Epic

Question 3: If there are any guilds capable of doing all the raids are u or they capable of elite runs?
Epic Fail/Epic
Question 4: Is there any guilds here doing all guild runs with no or very minimal use of pugs?
Epic Fail/Epic

Thand Officer Epic Fail

sidgarret
03-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Have not tried it out as guild but a few in guild does epic content.

Question 2: Are there any guilds on this server cabable of completing all raids?
We have completed all raids except Abbot -which most of us find boring and TOD since we havent got enough flagged in guild to try it yet.

I would say no - we might but our guild is more focused on taking guildies with us and have fun together than checking that everyone have the right gear and build.

Question 4: Is there any guilds here doin all guild runs with no or very minimal use of pugs?
Yes - we do saturday raiding in guild and shroud every tuesday. We fill up with guild and if there is a spot open we might pug it- or if it is an easy raid we might go low man.

Sincerely Ctype - Officer and senate member of Crusaders of Justice

Vanshilar
03-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Just in case you didn't know, "Epic Fail" is a more general guild, and "Epic" is a sub-guild of Epic Fail (separate guild within the game but maintains close ties with Epic Fail since that's where they grew out of) to handle epic questing. Eh I would refrain from asking questions about doing "all" epic content and doing "all" raids on elite since in general that's unproductive (how many elite shroud runs do you need?), but both Epic Fail and Epic do a lot of raids regularly. If you look at the LFM's for shroud completions (not just to farm) the leaders are likely to be in Epic or Epic Fail, and the chance of success is likely very high; Epic/Epic Fail shroud completion runs are pretty much daily if not more (sometimes multiple runs in one day); Epic/Epic Fail has already done TOD; has already done Hound on elite; Epic has already been completing epic quests for about a month now; and probably quite a few other "firsts" and achievements on Orien that escape my mind at the moment. (For those of you reading from other servers, keep in mind that Orien is the newest server and hence least well-equipped.)

In general, for raids, the leaders will look for guildies first but depending on the raid and stuff, may open it up to PUGs if there's space. Just because you're a guildie doesn't mean that you'll make it in on a raid, because it will depend on how picky the leader is and whether or not your character is prepared for the raid. For example, 200 hp melees without boss beaters are likely not going to get into an Epic/Epic Fail shroud run whether they're a guildie or not.

From my understanding, both Epic and Epic Fail look for "no drama" members, and being selfish or careless with your raid loot is a quick way to ensure you do not get invited into future raids, good build or not, guildie or not. Epic is even more so, since epic questing requires more specialized builds and thus the right loot needs to go to the right character even more.

Xeriphim
03-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Im curious,

Answer 1: League of extraordinary ham is not quite ready for epic content but striving towards that . prolly a couple weeks to a month away before able to tackle it .

Answer 2: League of ham is capable of doing everything up to hound /vod/ shroud . We haven't run abbott , frankly it's a raid that isn't overtly fun an often skipped . Were currently working on flagging guild members for ToD .

Answer 3: League of ham can do elite runs . Were frequently running gh reaver short manned , elite for kicks an loot . ( ussually doing giant hold reaver with 2 - 3 people on elite . Sometimes depending on who we have online , we have run with up to 7 ) .

Answer 4: League of Ham is often running stuff guild only , an Short handed . An rarely wiping out . We have not pugged a raid since a couple von runs a long while back .

** Caveat **,

The League of Extraordinary Ham is a casual laid back bunch . Highly capable , occasionally silly , and as often as we can botch up up something were able to get the job done an complete raids . Were not a heavy raid guild . We don't raid daily but do try to raid a couple times a week ussually closer to weekends with weekdays used for grinding , flagging , or general messing around .

The League of Extraordinary Ham isn't about Zerging something with 100 people an hoping you win ( not a shot at anyone as each guild have there own methods of raiding . ) . We rather prefer to go with Quality over quantity . Short manning stuff seems to work for us . Always open for folks interested to check us out . If it's a Hard core raiding and endlessly grinding with true reincarnate , we prolly are not the guild for you .

Those Interested can contact Brownstone the Leader of the League of Extraordinary Ham .

- Unstopable , Officer , The League of Extraordinary Ham .

Tulnavara
03-12-2010, 03:19 PM
What raid can you zerg anyway? They're all capped at 12 players, SoS at 6...

Xeriphim
03-12-2010, 06:03 PM
hehe Everquest flashblack an 72 person raids ... anyways . moving on . I'd hardly call Stealer of Souls a raid it ain't that hard to run with 4 people .

Mythal
03-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Its funny you ask this question locomeck because you had a trial run with us and didnt quite feel up to snuff because we were doing everything you just listed....and you didnt want to be part of a tight nit raid team that does stuff on schedule (totally understandable, as ive said), so you left.

Maybe now you leveled up and are looking to actually get into it a bit more?
As i said before when you parted ways, we had fun with you and youre welcome on our stuff even if you dont fit in our guild. but as you know, when we dont need an intimitank for something, we are gonna give that spot to something we do need - those rules even apply to our own guild members which is why we made that requirement for people to have at least 2 main characters that can fulfill different roles all the way to epic content... maybe you sortof understand that now that youre doing more raiding ;)

running normal raids for farming/loot whatnot aside, of course...and i still dont know who that guildie was who denied you on a normal hound run and gave it to a PUG spot instead. would be nice to know so i can go grab his hair a bit eh ;) since you were a new member and most ppl didnt know your name im guessing thats what happened though. no hard feelings though i hope.

good luck dude.
you dont need a guild though to do anything in ddo anyway. dont feel that you have to. many of the nicest players on orien and also some of the best ones just go solo or make their own little 2-3 person guild and are well known enough that they are always welcomed by the rest of us.
in fact id say for the most part, its the people who cant actually accomplish much without being led and babied and shown the way that feel that they NEED a guild. (obviously not implying that this is why anyone joins a guild, but certainly why those who find it neccessary to join one, do so)
imo though: friends list >>> guild list (it is definitely nice if everyone in guild list is also in friends list of course ;)

i think youll find that any reasonable group of players will eventually conquer every bit of content in this game though. its not exactly a challenging game, its designed to be beaten, not to be unbeatable.
so my advice to anyone would be to find yourself some friends that you enjoy doing things with. "being able" to do stuff is only a matter of metaphor. *everyone* is able to do everything (though the influx of massive new players on orien means that alot of players wont be making actual characters capable of doing everything until maybe their 2nd or 3rd lvl 20 - until they learn how the game works, but thats just a matter of time).

but hey maybe im giving a speech now where i shouldnt have even posted ;)
i tend to do that alot!