PDA

View Full Version : myddo and anon

Uska
03-02-2010, 02:15 AM
If your characters are anon on myddo there should be no way to look them up I have been told you can look up specific characters please fix this.

Aussieee
03-02-2010, 02:25 AM
I am not anon on my bard and there is no way to look it up. Pls fix it. I like when people are checking out what I am wearing :p ;)

Soulken
03-02-2010, 02:58 AM
I am not anon on my bard and there is no way to look it up. Pls fix it. I like when people are checking out what I am wearing :p ;)

Whats your bards name I can look anyone I have tried if I know the name. I agree anon should be anon.

Aussieee
03-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Whats your bards name I can look anyone I have tried if I know the name. I agree anon should be anon.
Aussie,woudn't show anything btw and I am not anon. It says that I haven't logged on recently but then you can see that I have done some quests few hours ago .....odd.

Soulken
03-02-2010, 03:08 AM
Aussie,woudn't show anything btw and I am not anon.

Must be a bug I can see a log for the character but not any details but anyways anon should still be anon myddo a bad idea implemented even more badly

rage9
03-02-2010, 03:39 AM
self conscious?
by now people who use it know that it's not 100% accurate.
does give a nice RUFF idea of hit points though.
I like it for the sole purpose of being able to help people who want help with their toons. It lets me see for myself what they got going on which makes it much easier to help them improve on some gear and such.

not to worry if people look u up, and if they have half a brain, they see your wearing haggle items and some such they will put 2 and 2 together
"hey that Barb's got cha item and haggle item on, hmmm must have been selling stuff before they logged"

Rasczak
03-02-2010, 04:55 AM
self conscious?
by now people who use it know that it's not 100% accurate.
does give a nice RUFF idea of hit points though.
I like it for the sole purpose of being able to help people who want help with their toons. It lets me see for myself what they got going on which makes it much easier to help them improve on some gear and such.

not to worry if people look u up, and if they have half a brain, they see your wearing haggle items and some such they will put 2 and 2 together
"hey that Barb's got cha item and haggle item on, hmmm must have been selling stuff before they logged"

If only people thought that way. It's normally a glance at the hp and ac and then prime attribute with a thumbs up or down within 30secs :p

But yes, I agree with the OP. If you going to offer a feature and promote it, at least make sure it's working properly.

Kaervas
03-02-2010, 04:59 AM
If your characters are anon on myddo there should be no way to look them up I have been told you can look up specific characters please fix this.

Yeah, you can still look them up if you know the name.

All the anon setting hides is the box on the top left that shows your forum username.
So they can see the character and its gear, but just cannot see which forum personality the character is owned by.

It'd definitely be nice if anonymous on myDDO was truly anon, but I can live with it for the time being.

Hendrik
03-02-2010, 07:10 AM
If only people thought that way. It's normally a glance at the hp and ac and then prime attribute with a thumbs up or down within 30secs :p

But yes, I agree with the OP. If you going to offer a feature and promote it, at least make sure it's working properly.

How true. I was declined for a group due to the leader thinking my BRD did not have enough HP in his eyes. Days later was accepted and proved how wrong he was in his limited view.

Player skill trumps myDDO 100%.

No matter what happens here, people will be declined due to myDDO, either by looking at it or by not being able to look at it.

kafrielveddicus
03-02-2010, 11:08 AM

You are absolutely right Uska.

If I want to keep my character build up, Weapons, Armor, Other Gear, AC, Hit points, and any other available stats such as what quests are being run by a player or guild, we should have the right to keep it hidden from the rest of the community at our option, my businesss is none of their business!!!!

This is Flagrant flaw by Turbine and should be fixed right away!!!!

Privacy is a right, even our guild website can only be viewed in whole by specific people and this is by choice!!!

This new my DDO system has wrecked privacy for any/all that have had it and wanted it!!!

An examples is in this thread that if you read thru, you can see that some are being allowed to view info about other guilds even though some of them like mine dont want other guilds in the same community to have access to that info.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=226016

Cyr
03-02-2010, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=Hendrik;2796082
Player skill trumps myDDO 100%.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, player skill can trump bad builds and equipment however it is more often true that those with mad skills have excellent builds and equipment also because they play the game more and are more knowledgeable about it then the average player let alone newb.

Lorien_the_First_One
03-02-2010, 11:14 AM

Agreed.

3 threads on this today...many over the last week. I'd love to hear any comment from the Turbine team why it is set up this way.

Pyromaniac
03-02-2010, 08:40 PM
/not signed

Noonie
03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
it just means i get to do like i did in WOW. Log off naked or in some ridiculous outfit.

Vivalavida
03-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Aussie,woudn't show anything btw and I am not anon. It says that I haven't logged on recently but then you can see that I have done some quests few hours ago .....odd.

myddo webmaster has fetish for your cloth and stole them for his collection.