PDA

View Full Version : Improve the cleave feats

Zuldar
03-01-2010, 08:15 AM
As it stands the cleave feats are a little lackluster. Since the purpose of the feats in pnp was to let you attack another mob after you drop one, how about if they have a passive component to them that increases your attack speed for a short while after killing an enemy. For example, cleave could be a 5% increase for 5 seconds and great cleave could up it to 10%.

Silverpoint
11-02-2010, 04:41 AM
I don't think that is really fair, as that isn't how the feat is ment to work. Although It would be awesome for a few of the builds that I have.

Asketes
11-02-2010, 10:14 AM
the fact that unless you use it right as you're running up to a fight you actually lose dps if used during a fight, tells me something.

Jaid314
11-02-2010, 04:43 PM
the fact that unless you use it right as you're running up to a fight you actually lose dps if used during a fight, tells me something.

seems the simplest solution would be to simply have it fit into the regular attack animation as if it was no different than any other attack.

Lleren
11-02-2010, 04:48 PM
It seems to me that one solution would be to have it increase the amount of Glancing Blows and the amount of Arc they cover.

Missing_Minds
11-02-2010, 05:29 PM
The current cleave we have in game is much more powerful than PnP.
It is honestly more akin to some Munchkin RP book feats.

honkuimushi
11-02-2010, 05:33 PM
One suggestion I made a while back was to grant a Doublestrike on your next attack after striking a killing blow. You could also add a general doublestrike chance increase for subsequent feats. That would bring back some of the original flavor.

As long as the increase isn't too high, leaving the active portion of the feat intact shouldn't be a major problem. There are a few situations where you might want to use it.

jcTharin
11-02-2010, 05:33 PM
What I think it should be.

Cleave:
Upon killing an enemy you automatically get on another enemy that is in range of your weapon. This can happen only once per 6 seconds.

Great cleave:
Upon killing an enemy you automatically get on another enemy that is in range of your weapon. There is no limit to the number of cleaves you can make.

Have it have the same range as glancing blows on two handed weapons.

------------------------------

edit* i like this idea

One suggestion I made a while back was to grant a Doublestrike on your next attack after striking a killing blow. You could also add a general doublestrike chance increase for subsequent feats. That would bring back some of the original flavor.

As long as the increase isn't too high, leaving the active portion of the feat intact shouldn't be a major problem. There are a few situations where you might want to use it.

when you make a kill you get a 100% doublestrike buff that lasts for 1 or 2 seconds and goes away after one hit. then a debuff that would keep you from getting another cleave for ~6 seconds. (1 round is ~6 seconds right?)

great cleave would have no debuff.

i think that would be the closest fit to PnP.

waterboytkd
11-02-2010, 06:32 PM
when you make a kill you get a 100% doublestrike buff that lasts for 1 or 2 seconds and goes away after one hit. then a debuff that would keep you from getting another cleave for ~6 seconds. (1 round is ~6 seconds right?)

great cleave would have no debuff.

i think that would be the closest fit to PnP.

I like this, and agree. This would be pretty much the closest you could gain to PnP. Real sick against a ton of weaker mobs (again, what the PnP feats were meant for).