PDA

View Full Version : Improving Rog Mechanic Suggestions

ThatSwordGuy
03-01-2010, 04:23 AM
I'm not particularly pleased with the Mechanic enhancement. So here's some ideas that would make life that much more full of sunshine:

Mechanic I: +2 to Open Lock, Disable Device, Repair and Use Magic Device. Enemy fortification is reduced by 25%.
- Ingenious Bypass (AKA McGuyver): Expend one use of the Rogue Skill Boost ability to trigger an Ability scored related switch replacing the required Ability with Intelligence. (ex: opening a STR door or flipping a WIS rune using your INT)

Mechanic II: +2 to Open Lock, Disable Device, Repair and Use Magic Device. All crossbows fire in the same manner as Repeating Crossbows.
- Safety First: Expend one use of the Rogue Skill Boost ability to increase your Disable Device skill by 5 and prevent critical failures. (lasts 20 seconds, recharge 30 seconds)

Mechanic III: +2 to ... skills. Enemy fortification is reduced by 50% (replace 25%, not stack).
- Devious Strike: Expend one use of the Rogue Skill Boost ability to increase your crossbow's critical multiplier by 1. (lasts 20 seconds, recharge 120 seconds)

The requirements should probably be changed to reflect the omission of several current bonuses, but I'm too tired to bother with that much creativity. My reasoning is simple: a mechanic has no place in melee smiting things, putting bandaids on Warforge ankles. Constructs, by definition, are highly magical and rogues have access to UMD (NEVAR FORGIT!). After 18 levels of trap-monkying the player better be able to do something useful and unique both in combat and out. I considered inherent construct bane as an ability, but smiting weapons make that largely pointless (and constructs are too few and far between).

Anderei
03-01-2010, 04:36 AM
Mechanic III, your sneak attack works against constructs and living constructs.

This would be a bliss PrE for Shroud Portals

If it must and would be too overpowered otherwise, bind it to a 20 sec boost.