PDA

View Full Version : Plz someone answer this for me no rick rolls plz.

chaltom
02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
As a guild leader should we tolerate a great member blowing up in guild chat at another player only knowing that person for maybe a week or two....

Cussing them out infront of others unknowing of the situation...Making others feel like leaving the guild based on issues that should be brought to the attention of the GM..

How can a person not expect to be removed...

I removed both members that attacked each other...

One member decided to terrorize Guild Vent calling people Puzzy and other obsentites...

Did I not do the right thing by removing them after they continued to violate our only rule in the guild thats respect members in guild chat...

Our policy is set up that you have a 1 on 1 with the person you have a problem with..If those individuals cant resolve the issue they get mediation from an officer or the GM...

Chain of Command?

Throwing hate grenades into guild chat is auto removal period....

Ive since reinvited the member being attacked based on the talks ive had with members he has helped in the three months he has been with us....

Would you have done the same?

Red alert
Epic Fail
League of extradinary ham

You guys have been my templet for a successfull guild tell me what you would do plz..

LordMond
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
I'm not even a member of a guild at all, much less a leader.

Full disclosure aside, I would say that you have nothing to apologize for and handled the matter entirely appropriately. Assuming that both players know your rules of conduct, it's clear that they violated them and that punishment was warranted. I don't know if you outlined what the various punishments for various transgressions were but, even if you did not, the players >had< to know they were violating terms of membership.

cardmj1
02-28-2010, 09:19 PM
If that was your guild's only rule, then you did what was needed to be done. It sucks and you will feel awful, but in order to maintain guild morale, it needed to be done.

Good luck.

chaltom
02-28-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm not even a member of a guild at all, much less a leader.

Full disclosure aside, I would say that you have nothing to apologize for and handled the matter entirely appropriately. Assuming that both players know your rules of conduct, it's clear that they violated them and that punishment was warranted. I don't know if you outlined what the various punishments for various transgressions were but, even if you did not, the players >had< to know they were violating terms of membership.

Thanks were very liberal about our members being casual players F2p and Vip...However If you cant respect others wishes and take the fight out of guild chat then I guess I should feel secure knowing our officers will back me.

CSFurious
03-01-2010, 06:07 AM
via their anti-social/immature behavior, you had no choice

letting the aggreived party back in sounds like a good decision

Tulnavara
03-01-2010, 08:18 AM
If you told them to keep it out of guild chat and they continued you did the right thing by removing it. Gchat isn't the place for that ****.

Hellllboy
03-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Having dropped members from my Guild ranks-I know the position you are in. It is never a good thing to have to make that move. I had to create a core values rule page on our face book page and requested an acknowledgement from all Guild members regarding the same. This way all members know their expectations and cant tell you they were not aware of how to conduct themselves. Most of my ranks know our position and understand where I am coming from-but there is always an exception.

Believe me-if you take disciplinary action against a violation of your core rules-I don’t think the event will reoccur again-at least it did not in my group.

Stick to your guns-hold the line-you are the Leader for a reason. You call the shot. If your members respect you and what you have asked of them-they would not disrespect your rules.

chaltom
03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
thanks for all the response. Last night we ran together for the first time in a while ...chatting and killing **** in GH...on mid level dead 10's.. Which orien has notoriously been known for having NO good **** going on lvl 10ish...

The officers back me 100% for both removals and the subsiquential reinvite...

In light of this were moving Forward in our goals

@$)

LordMond
03-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Man I hate I missed that...I have 3 toons in the 10-14 level range that are on semi-permanent vacation due to lack of groups. If you're level 5 or below or 16 and above, it seems like you have plenty of options *most* of the time. In the middle.......not so much.

But back to the OT......

You've made it clear that they knew they were violating guild rules, so you should lose no sleep over having to purge a couple-three folks. I have, in other games, been on both sides of that equation. It hurts- both you and them- but your greater duty is to the guild as a whole. They have to respect your leadership. Not that you have to be a dictator or anything, but they have to know that you are willing to do whatever it takes, including expulsion, to enforce the rules. Your guild will be the better for knowing you and the other officers will do just that.

Hellllboy
03-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Man I hate I missed that...I have 3 toons in the 10-14 level range that are on semi-permanent vacation due to lack of groups. If you're level 5 or below or 16 and above, it seems like you have plenty of options *most* of the time. In the middle.......not so much.

Look me up in game or PM me to set up an evening to roll-My guild has plenty of players in this range and would be happy to adventure with ya! :)

shiznic1
03-05-2010, 09:39 AM
thanks for all the response. Last night we ran together for the first time in a while ...chatting and killing **** in GH...on mid level dead 10's.. Which orien has notoriously been known for having NO good **** going on lvl 10ish...

The officers back me 100% for both removals and the subsiquential reinvite...

In light of this were moving Forward in our goals

@$)

A bit off topic here. But I had to comment on this since it struck a note with me. Here I am today, looking for exp. Well there was a post up from a member of your guild for quick exp runs in WK. Levels 10-13. Hmm, three spots available yet I was rejected because im a nub 'useless' rogue as your guildy called me. My first real encounter with a member of your guild, and just want to say it did not make me feel welcome.

Mentor61
03-05-2010, 09:44 AM
A bit off topic here. But I had to comment on this since it struck a note with me. Here I am today, looking for exp. Well there was a post up from a member of your guild for quick exp runs in WK. Levels 10-13. Hmm, three spots available yet I was rejected because im a nub 'useless' rogue as your guildy called me. My first real encounter with a member of your guild, and just want to say it did not make me feel welcome.

They wouldn't have appreciated all that trap xp anyways...lol grab a hireling and solo bro!

Maxelcat
03-05-2010, 09:49 AM
As guild lead, i have a core group of officers that are the voting members.

as guild lead, i have ultimate power. its my way or the highway, however i only use the power when i can't get all the voting members online at the same time.

new or changes guild policy must be ratified by a majority vote. (which also must be ratified if i have to bring down the uber power of guild lead)

which means possibly decisions i have made are over turned, however that hasn't happened yet. (cause i don't do anything with out a member vote.)

structure in a guild is everything. having policy in place at the start prevents questions like this.

Xeriphim
03-05-2010, 09:50 AM
For the Original Poster , Sounds like you were in a tough spot . Sounds like a bad apple that has not learned to grow up an play well with others , forcing you to do what you did . You shouldn't feel guilty or bad about it . You just experianced the dark side of Leadership . That it isn't always rosey an pretty . Sometimes you have to play the role of an Iron handed Tyrant . If a member has displayed disrespect towards your guild's values an rules , then dealing with the situation as you did you have nothing to feel bad about .

Hellllboy
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
For the Original Poster , Sounds like you were in a tough spot . Sounds like a bad apple that has not learned to grow up an play well with others , forcing you to do what you did . You shouldn't feel guilty or bad about it . You just experianced the dark side of Leadership . That it isn't always rosey an pretty . Sometimes you have to play the role of an Iron handed Tyrant . If a member has displayed disrespect towards your guild's values an rules , then dealing with the situation as you did you have nothing to feel bad about .

Every good team needs a Konstantinov! ;)

shiznic1
03-05-2010, 06:25 PM
They wouldn't have appreciated all that trap xp anyways...lol grab a hireling and solo bro!

Why would I wanna solo an MMO ? Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose 'LOL'

LordMond
03-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Hmmmm....what's the opposite of an MMO?

Hellllboy
03-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Super Mario?

LordMond
03-14-2010, 12:46 PM
Possibly a "Minute Single-Player Offline Scripted Duty"?

Or, as you said, Super Mario.

tomfar72
03-14-2010, 01:24 PM
OP, you definately did the right thing. No one wants to kick someone from their guild, but sometimes doing what is right involves taking the hard route. In guild respect towards all members is very important to guild morale. I have even seen officers demoted/removed for the way they reacted to other members. You don't have to be the best of friends with every guildie; heck there may be a paticular guildie you don't even like at all, and that's fine. As long as all guildies are on the same page, working towards the same goals, and can atleast get along in a civil manner is all that matters. Sure, occasionally someone might bust out with a "Dammit Steve, why the hell did you do that??" but there is no place for someone going on an extended tirade against another player. Removing players like that is what can keep a guild strong, and I commend you on doing so. Heavy is the head that wears the crown my friend.

Cupcake
03-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Dear Op, in my opinion you did what is right.

As for those of us griping about 10-15 groups, or lack there of, a friend of mine, hubby and myself are all in the same boat. We all have lvl 10-16's and get shunned alot by many people on the server so we mostly run alone. But if any of you see Lotsoshots the bard running around feel free to ask if you can join in on any of our insane adventures.

Last night 5 of us 12-14 LOl ran ritual sacrifice on casual. We won. :D

Hellllboy
03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Dear Op, in my opinion you did what is right.

As for those of us griping about 10-15 groups, or lack there of, a friend of mine, hubby and myself are all in the same boat. We all have lvl 10-16's and get shunned alot by many people on the server so we mostly run alone. But if any of you see Lotsoshots the bard running around feel free to ask if you can join in on any of our insane adventures.

Last night 5 of us 12-14 LOl ran ritual sacrifice on casual. We won. :D

We are kinda in your same boat Cupcake. Thus far the Hamsters are short a few players and we just kinda 3-4 man stuff until we find a good core group of people to run with on a regular basis.

We should make a "shunned" channel (lol) so that we can network our resources :P

Mythal
03-15-2010, 02:19 PM
just curious but why ask anyone else?
Im sure you feel bad about having to do what you feel your duty to do, but theres no need to find confirmation with us.
go with your gut. you obviously did and im sure whatever the outcome itll sort itself out. whats done is done though, so you gotta deal with it whatever it is now ;)

i couldnt give you any tips though because in our guild we go off on eachother nonstop and talk the biggest **** at eachother everyday.
but we're all friends, and theres nothin that any of us can say to eachother thatll really change that.
we're also all adults so we dont exactly need to have babysitters or policing ;)
people that dont fit that bill dont tend to be around here very long, but we're fine with that too.
i pity da fools who have to babysit their guild members, that just sortof defeats the purpose dontcha think?