PDA

View Full Version : Bard Songs

JennBarny
02-27-2010, 02:40 PM
How about being able to upload our own music to play during bard songs- or even just the ability to create the notes so we can 'make it sound' like a song we like if we can't get the rights to real music?

californiapiper
02-27-2010, 02:55 PM
How about being able to upload our own music to play during bard songs- or even just the ability to create the notes so we can 'make it sound' like a song we like if we can't get the rights to real music?

I'm with you bro, I've been trying get my lute traded in on a set of bagpipes for a while now

Horrorscope
02-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Yes bring the LOTRO system in.

Anderei
02-27-2010, 06:12 PM
If I only would get a penny everytime I see/hear this suggestion...

Hendrik
02-28-2010, 07:40 AM
We so need this so I can play Zamfir, Barry Manalow, and tons of Brittney Spears for the people that continually ask for this....

Arel
02-28-2010, 08:03 AM
It's a neat idea, sure, but how would you police it? If you can't keep people from loading up 'M' or 'AO' songs, then all it takes is one complaint to make them take it back down.

(exaggerating a bit, but you get the idea)

Noctus
02-28-2010, 03:35 PM
LOTRO has it.

DDO and LOTRO are basically using the same client.

Shouldnt be too difficult to copy that part to DDO.

Orratti
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
Well really that kinda depends on what you are gonna be playing. Throwing Black Dog byZepplin might be ok but I can think of alot of people that would throw something in there that would break the pg-13 rating. How are you going to code a profanity filter for music uploaded to a bard? Plus I really don't want to listen to any other person's musical selections anyway. Perhaps a set playlist option by the devs I could deal with. I can garantee if you pick something crappy I'll be running from your songs even more than a party usually does.

Anderei
02-28-2010, 04:02 PM
A new twist, make an option to set the music *I* hear, when one bard (either me or another) hits Inspire Courage!
I also don't want to listen to other peoples music