PDA

View Full Version : Can we improve mob drops.....or Man, these kobolds pray alot.

PoSeiDoN78
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I understand that DDO does not use the kill thing, get money method of aquiring loot, which I think is awesome btw. However, it would be cool if when they do drop that awesome treasure bag, they have more than just collectables in it. Keep the drop rate of the treasure bags the same, but make there contents closer to the breakables with the chance of getting an item, some money, or a collectable.

I like the collectable idea, but clearing a kobold lair and getting a bunch of prayer beads is lackluster.

Salsa
02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
I always considered all the crates and barrels to also represent loot carried or loot hidden in their lairs.

Why? Because if you don't all those crates and barrels are insane. Think about it, what intelligent (yes kobolds have human intelligence) creature is going to store their potions and whatnot in a crate instead of carrying it when you know pesty adventurers are coming? Why would the same creature not loot he breakables before you got there?

Thus, the bashing also represents searching the bodies of the slain.

So yea, in my mind 80% of those crates and barrels are actually loot off of the slain.

Collectables are like the special things.

Chests are the tribe or leader loot (also partially what they were carrying)

As to why, I assume it's less laggy having them in static objects then having tons of dropped items from the killed. In addition, it keeps things simple for slayer quests etc.

Lithic
02-26-2010, 06:00 PM
If you were a CR 0.25 kobold staring down the blades of 6 adventurers, you'd want as many prayer beads as possible too.

PoSeiDoN78
02-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I always considered all the crates and barrels to also represent loot carried or loot hidden in their lairs.

Why? Because if you don't all those crates and barrels are insane. Think about it, what intelligent (yes kobolds have human intelligence) creature is going to store their potions and whatnot in a crate instead of carrying it when you know pesty adventurers are coming? Why would the same creature not loot he breakables before you got there?

Thus, the bashing also represents searching the bodies of the slain.

So yea, in my mind 80% of those crates and barrels are actually loot off of the slain.

That's true for dungeons with crates. But what of the wildernes areas that have few or no breakables, or the quest areas that are set in the wilderness and so have few or none.

Nothing is more annoying than killing 60 or so orcs only to get 3 collectables that trade for a 50 gold (that means it sells for 6) item that I can't use. I am not saying I should always get something I want, but having a better chance of being happy would be cool.

Kaervas
02-27-2010, 09:16 AM
If you were a CR 0.25 kobold staring down the blades of 6 adventurers, you'd want as many prayer beads as possible too.

That is awesome, thanks for the laugh.