PDA

View Full Version : Epic Quests

Kale_Hagan
02-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Are there any groups that regularly do Epic Menechtarum quests? I'm looking to do some upgrading of a couple items and can never find a group that can get these done. I know there are some people out there that are busting these out.

Can a thief-acrobat get some epic quest love?

Shade
02-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Nope.

Several guilds run the raid but not the quests.

Right now hundreds of players have rare shards from the raid sitting in there ingredient bags. They will always remain in there and never be used, as they never make any attempt to run any of the quests. And reealisticly, you can expect to have to run around 100+ desert epic quests (some can be partial runs to farm chests) before you can make a succesful shard/seal/scroll combination. On Khyber the number of players who have currently completed said combination and thus hold a desert epic, without relying on insane luck can easily fit into a single raidgroup.

This has been true for several months.

Before the VoN epics came out, me and 2 other players would regularly run the quests and even pug some spots. That's no longer the case since von epics came out, too bus tihoset those I guess. We might run 1 per week lately, at best.

I'd be willing to bet more players have VoN epics then Desert epics, despite the fact it's been out for an incredibly longer amount of time.

Auran82
02-25-2010, 09:18 PM
The main issue is really the difficulty of Von Epics Vs Desert Epics when you consider what items you might want to make, VON items have a *much* higher good/bad item ratio compared to the desert.

People run offering for Spectral Gloves shard/seal but if your group isn't up to it, it tends to end badly.
They *might* run Wizking for shard/seal for items like Vambracers, bracers of deftness and maybe the goggles
I don't know if anyone really runs chains (due to the length)
DQ1 has some nice shards, but you can get them in the raid, and DQ1 is quite long to run and could do with another shrine.
Which of course leaves DQ2 which drops the raid and explorer item shards and tends to be fairly quick with the right group.

I used to run DQ epics on a fairly regular basis when I saw pugs up from people I recognised, but not much at all lately.

sirgog
02-25-2010, 11:47 PM
I'll be back in game on Sunday or Monday (finally into my new house and about to get my computer back from storage :) :) ) and am definitely in for desert epics. Have about 20 or so completions of them (mostly OOB and Wiz-King).

Edgarius
02-26-2010, 03:42 PM
I probably wont bother with Epics myself until third TR. I want every advantage I can get before I start farming them for Epic Vambraces and Epic Spectral. Sucks I gotta buy the True Hearts with Turbine points instead of those epic runes/shards whatever their called but what can ya do eh.

maddmatt70
02-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Guilds do run epic desert quests, but they do it more gradual. They run a von 1 and 2 and then run an offering or wiz king or dq1 here or there. The need for epic dungeon tokens and the speed offering can be completed leads to alot of that quest's completion. The desert though is alot about individual chest and scroll farming - it is just the way the desert epics have developed especially if you do not have a tight network of friends.