PDA

View Full Version : Inherent Reincarnate Racial Feats

Soldack
02-25-2010, 08:57 AM
I suggest adding an inherent passive racial feat as a bonus when you reincarnate.

If you want to make them cool then I suggest these:

Past Life: Drow Elf - +2 to Spell Resistance (inherent)
Past Life: Dwarf - +1 search, +2 balance
Past Life: Elf - + 1 listen, spot, and search
Past Life: Halfling - +1 listen, move silently, jump, +1 saves verse fear
Past Life: Human - +4 skill points at first level
Past Life: Warforged - +1 AC (inherent)

I would include having these inherent past life feats as part of the completionist feat.

Active feats that a player could use a feat slot to take...

Past Life: Underworld Elf (Drow) - +2 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot checks, Bonus Weapon Proficiency Feats: rapier, shortsword, and shuriken.

Past Life: Axe Warrior (Dwarf) - +2 bonus to saves against poison, +2 bonus to saves against spells,
Dwarven Waraxes: an exotic weapon, for free.

Past Life: Woodland Warrior (Elf) - Immune to magic sleep effects and +2 bonus to saves against Enchantment spells and Bonus Martial Weapon Proficiency Feats: longsword, rapier, longbow, and shortbow

Past Life: Little Hero (Halfling) - +1 Armor Class bonus, +1 attack roll bonus, +4 bonus on Hide checks

Past Life: Versatile Hero (Human) - +1 to all skills

Past Life: Forged Hero (Warforged) - Immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion.

Soldack
02-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Current TR characters may not be able to get the Human inherent feat. Well, maybe they could get 4 bonus skill points the next time they leveled.

SolarDawning
02-25-2010, 09:15 AM
The idea is a good one, but your suggestions have balance issues.

Past Life: Drow Elf - +2 to Spell Resistance (inherent) -Very good. (As inherent would stack with Monk SR or cleric SR spell)
Past Life: Dwarf - +1 search, +2 balance -Useless
Past Life: Elf - + 1 listen, spot, and search -Useless
Past Life: Halfling - +1 listen, move silently, jump, +1 saves verse fear -Useless
Past Life: Human - +4 skill points at first level -Too good.
Past Life: Warforged - +1 AC (inherent) -Too good.

JOTMON
02-25-2010, 10:46 AM
I would like to see Racial past life feats for racial weapons that opens up the enhancement lines.

You could then see the drow(reincarnated from elf) with scimitar weapon proficiency pickup the Valenar Elven Racial enhancement lines. (the Drizz't wannabe)

WF with Dwarven Axes - could now use those uber rr WF Dwarven axes without umd and buy them cheap from the AH :D

Lorien_the_First_One
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Without commenting on the specific bonuses, conceptually it makes far more sense to get racial bonuses from past lives than from past jobs. I think adding a racial line (2 tier, both automatic and optional feat based) would be brilliant and would add a lot to TR build options and complexity. The "builders" would have a field day with it.

Goldeneye
02-25-2010, 11:04 AM
I really like this idea:

adding more past life feats that are just as useless :)

but in all seriousness, the idea is a good one.