PDA

View Full Version : Korthos Army Guild Status Update (a few words)

aoxomoxoa35
02-25-2010, 06:39 AM
I wanted to provide a brief status update. Some to most veteran players in KA have remained; a few have left since The Purging. Although transgressive and poorly-conceived, the net effect of the slash in membership has been a catalyst for positive change in KA.

I received a (blind) tell from an obviously frustrated player (16 lvl pally) last night who informed me that the guild was dead. This is not the case. At least me up to a half-dozen or so officers are consistently online gaming during peak and/or off-times. Every officer I have interacted with is basically a helpful player who offers insight or assistance if asked. Me and other players continue to demonstrate this example by leading in this fashion when online in guildie groups or PUGs. Normally when I logon, there are anywhere between just me and six or ten players or so online simultaneously covering the low-to-high level spread. There are no 3-week + players in the guild anymore.

What does this all mean from my perspective? Korthos Army is a good place for patient, mature newcomers or veterans to find a small, but great group of laid-back folks with whom to hunt or quest with on Argonnessen. Quality play demands quality players. Quality players are what Korthos Army is orienting itself to produce in this era of expansion for DDO.

Growth and development take time, but also have to be managed well for positive sustainment. I would like to add that unless you're a returning member who I know, I will conduct a get-to-know-you quest or slayer run before considering approval for membership whenever possible. I check the forums periodically, but can normally be reached better in-game. Under these types of positive guidelines, I will continue to assist in the leadership of Korthos Army.

Looking forward to meeting up online! Good hunting.

Newtons_Apple
02-25-2010, 06:45 AM
I wanted to provide a brief status update. Some to most veteran players in KA have remained; a few have left since The Purging. Although transgressive and poorly-conceived, the net effect of the slash in membership has been a catalyst for positive change in KA.

I received a (blind) tell from an obviously frustrated player (16 lvl pally) last night who informed me that the guild was dead. This is not the case. At least me up to a half-dozen or so officers are consistently online gaming during peak and/or off-times. Every officer I have interacted with is basically a helpful player who offers insight or assistance if asked. Me and other players continue to demonstrate this example by leading in this fashion when online in guildie groups or PUGs. Normally when I logon, there are anywhere between just me and six or ten players or so online simultaneously covering the low-to-high level spread. There are no 3-week + players in the guild anymore.

What does this all mean from my perspective? Korthos Army is a good place for patient, mature newcomers or veterans to find a small, but great group of laid-back folks with whom to hunt or quest with on Argonnessen. Quality play demands quality players. Quality players are what Korthos Army is orienting itself to produce in this era of expansion for DDO.

Growth and development take time, but also have to be managed well for positive sustainment. I would like to add that unless you're a returning member who I know, I will conduct a get-to-know-you quest or slayer run before considering approval for membership whenever possible. I check the forums periodically, but can normally be reached better in-game. Under these types of positive guidelines, I will continue to assist in the leadership of Korthos Army.

Looking forward to meeting up online! Good hunting.

Sounds like you're headed in the right direction. Slow growth is usually smart growth.

LOL "The Purging." Looks like Tot has been trademarked (tm). :D

Atenhotep
02-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Congratulations! I'm very happy you didn't let one disrespectful, childish A-hole completely destroy your Guild.

And I very much hope more effort is taken to teach your members.

You have a guild which takes in a lot of brand new untested players which is a great benefit to the game and the Argo Server (something which should be commended rather than make you a target) BUT with that comes a lot of responsibility.

It means you have placed yourself in a position of responsibility to train and teach a lot of people.

Although Aten's Raid Train offers one such contribution, taking on so many new people sure isn't a responsibility I would want.

Best Wishes,
Aten

Lorien_the_First_One
02-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Sounds like Tot's actions may have helped you in the end.

Your outlook is great and I wish you all the best in rebuilding. Hopefully you will be buiding one of the next great guilds of Argo :)

Atenhotep
02-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Sounds like Tot's actions may have helped you in the end.

Yes Praise Tot for griefing an entire Guild! W00t!!! Thats sooo cool!

/ashamed of this server

OpallNotten
02-25-2010, 07:14 AM

/ashamed of this server

If you are so ashamed of it then why dont you relocate yourself to a different server?
And for one who does not approve of all the Argo drama, you sure do seem to stick your nose in it all the time:rolleyes:

Opall

Atenhotep
02-25-2010, 07:53 AM
I can empathize with those who have backed themselves in a corner making excuses for Tot's Griefing of an entire guild.

You are feeling defensive and perhaps more than a little bit guilty defending actions which we all know you would not be trying to spin as "a helpful practical joke" if somebody had done that to your guild.

I just hope I don't end up provoking any of you in to doing something which gets you banned. :)

Best Wishes,
Aten

Rameses
02-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I can empathize with those who have backed themselves in a corner making excuses for Tot's Griefing of an entire guild.

You are feeling defensive and perhaps more than a little bit guilty defending actions which we all know you would not be trying to spin as "a helpful practical joke" if somebody had done that to your guild.

I just hope I don't end up provoking any of you in to doing something which gets you banned. :)

Best Wishes,
Aten

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/Rameses_73/Kanye.jpg

I am, Rameses!

Aspenor
02-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Do KA a favor and leave your personal qualms out of this thread. I'm sure they'd appreciate their thread not being cluttered by individuals' personal grievances.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM

/ashamed of this server

I was just saying that its nice that in the end it looks like they will end up with a restructured guild that will be a good home to players and will be positively received by the community. The way KA is now described reminds me of the initial A Universal Mind guild pitch that made me join them 3 years ago. AUM certainly made a name for itself in its day (and it continues on in spirt in Chaos Knights), and with the current outlook I'm sure KA will also become a positive name on the server.

Then stop trolling and just join us in celebrating what looks like a bright future for KA.

wamjratl1
02-25-2010, 09:28 AM
I had to chuckle at the capitalization of "The Purging." But it sounds like the guild is on a good track now. Keep it up and good luck!

And to Aten: the whole point is if something like this happened to most any other guild, it would have been nothing more than a minor annoyance and all guild members could have been found and reinvited within a day or so. So now that KA is practicing a more solid approach to building their guild, the potential for this type of thing to happen is seriously diminished.

Orange.D.Road
03-12-2010, 07:37 PM
I'm ripping the 'leave guild' tab off; I'll never leave Korthos Army! Now let's enjoy questing again.