PDA

View Full Version : DDO Cocktail Hour, Episode 2

Lessah
02-23-2010, 11:32 PM
Cocktail Hour with Lessah and Samius!

It's that time again! It's Cocktail Hour!!! So grab your favorite cocktail, sit back, relax, and talk a little Dungeons and Dragons Online with Lessah, Samius, and special guest Phlor Ironwood. Thanks for listening!

DDO Cocktail Hour!!! (http://ddococktailhour.com/)

LINK (http://www.cyberears.com/index.php/Show/audio/5701)to our channel on CyberEars!

Show Notes, Episode 2: Too much to drink?
00:05 Intro & Special Guest Phlor Ironwood
00:44 What are you drinking?
01:48 What are you wearing?
03:22 Emails (Warning: Samius is a Fat Halfling and NOT a Dwarf!)
04:47 All Samius all the time!
05:22 Hockey! USA USA USA!!!!!
06:25 Salute to the fallen. R.I.P. Permadeath Lessah of Sarlona
09:22 Twitter
09:55 What piece of raid loot do you want most?
11:17 DDO Cocktail Hour has three fans and are fansite members!
12:46 Casual Gaming
15:28 A Surprise for Samius!!!! (Meow...)
17:14 ddococktailhour.com (Digg it!)
17:41 Egg Hunt Video, route by Samius Fat Halfling, & Egg Hunt Talk
19:15 Wooden Hearts and Lesser Reincarnation
25:12 More Emails!
29:22 Forum's Talk: Create a Named Item!
30:44 Cocktail Hour Makes a Named Item: "The Tarrant Shield"
35:22 More Emails!!
38:40 Cocktail Hour Safety Message, Don't Drink and Feather Fall!
39:26 Rowanheal Tweet!
41:06 Abject Silliness!!!
42:43 Twitter Addresses and New Emails!!!!
43:22 It was Criterion!!!!
44:46 The Long Goodbye and Outro!
Cheers Everyone!!!!!

As Promised:
http://d20pro.com/
http://fantasygrounds.com/

Here is a graphic representation of what we think Tarrant looks like while holding the infamous "Tarrant Shield" (Behold the Majesty)

http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx31/ddococktailhour/TarrantShield.jpg

"The Tarrant Shield"
(Shaped like a martini glass, olive NOT included!)
+5 Scratchproof Glass, light shield
True Seeing
SR 32
Shield Proficiency General
Spell Failure is lessened by 5%
Blindness - The bearer of this shield must make a save vs. blindness periodically

The Boss you must fight:
Tarrant (Tarrant the Terrible? The Tortured? Who can say!!!)

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks Lessah for doing all the hard work and editing and posting the show.

Lessah
02-24-2010, 09:03 AM

Thanks! I was so exhausted yesterday, I did not even get to log in at all! How do you like that shield? Clanky did that!!!! ;) I think it looks so great! I am wondering if the Turbine team will go and make this item for us! Did you notice that it's made of glass? :D

EAB
02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Listening to it now!!!

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Thanks! I was so exhausted yesterday, I did not even get to log in at all! How do you like that shield? Clanky did that!!!! ;) I think it looks so great! I am wondering if the Turbine team will go and make this item for us! Did you notice that it's made of glass? :D

I didn't get to log in yesterday, i too was having DNS problems and i said I will just watch Starship Troopers and let the rest sort itself out.

The Clank always does a great Job. He has many talents. I did notice that it was made of glass, nice touch.

And i don't know how much the Turbine team loves me. If they love me a lot they might make it.

It would be a nice offering to the Samius love shrine that Turbine keeps at the offices.

In hindsight we should have made the True seeing a clickly, with the in game graphic being drink a pot.

Steiner-Davion
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Show was great! Listened to it on the way to work this morning.

Just a couple of corrections:

1) I was drinking Yeungling Traditional Lager monday night!
2) While I wasn't able to download the first episode to my iPod right away last week, I did download it and listen to it on my computer at work last week, prior to sending my email.

I'll up the payout for Samius to get Lessah to make that sexy moan to the enitre contents of my Ingredients bag!

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Show was great! Listened to it on the way to work this morning.

Just a couple of corrections:

1) I was drinking Yeungling Traditional Lager monday night!
2) While I wasn't able to download the first episode to my iPod right away last week, I did download it and listen to it on my computer at work last week, prior to sending my email.

I'll up the payout for Samius to get Lessah to make that sexy moan to the enitre contents of my Ingredients bag!

@SamiusGurobo currently drinking: water, show answer Yuengling tradional lager

Well taking a 2nd look you did give a show answer, but in my defense i was on my laptop with skype taking up 1/2 of my screen trying to do a ton of things. And i was not drinking water, I had about 5 ochokos of sake, by the start of the show.

Hmmm tasty.

Steiner-Davion
02-24-2010, 12:05 PM
No excuses!!!

Mockduck
02-24-2010, 12:12 PM

Hahahahaha! I am familiar with this myself. "Well, original plan was to log into DDO, but then X came up and I spent the night editing audio for the podcast instead (or updating the web site and such)." It's a lot of work! Worth it though. Nice work as always!

Shield rules.

Mockduck
02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Oh, and I agree with Rowanheal, the Menos Legens helm might be the most important piece of loot in the game.

Clankenbeard
02-24-2010, 04:22 PM
Did you notice that it's made of glass? :DWait. Wait. Wait. When did it become made of glass? I could have drawn it that way had I known. Now, if you want it edited, you'll have to make the sexy groan for me.

Anyways, great show everybody! I noticed one huge, glaring, unimaginable omission--The Clank. Samius and I talked about how great Lessah is and how she does all this cool stuff. And then Lessah cut it from the show because "it didn't fit". Samius, you and I should do a spinoff show from this show. :D

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Wait. Wait. Wait. When did it become made of glass? I could have drawn it that way had I known. Now, if you want it edited, you'll have to make the sexy groan for me.

Anyways, great show everybody! I noticed one huge, glaring, unimaginable omission--The Clank. Samius and I talked about how great Lessah is and how she does all this cool stuff. And then Lessah cut it from the show because "it didn't fit". Samius, you and I should do a spinoff show from this show. :D

I asked about us talking missing when she sent the proof, and she wouldn't answer the question. I would love to have you on the show as the special quest so we can try it again. Let her edit how great she is from the whole show!

And i like the shield the way it is drawn, but if you want to edit it..... grrrrrroan!

Lessah
02-24-2010, 04:35 PM
What baffles me is... why has Tarrant not come to the thread to claim his shield!?!

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
It must be a political thing. Doesn't want to be singled out just yet.

Clankenbeard
02-24-2010, 04:53 PM
I would love to have you on the show as the special quest so we can try it again. Let her edit how great she is from the whole show!"How come YOU have a fancy shmancy "DDo Cocktail Hour" forum tag name and Lessah still has "Dragonmark of Making". She is doing all of the heavy lifting with the editing thing. She is also doing some heavy drinking methinks. HEY TARRANT! Get your butt over here and accept your shield in trade for fixing Lessah's title!

As for Clankenbeard being on the show, there's a serious problem...I don't really play the game enough to know flip all about what's going on. I could maybe talk about pumpkin carving or my wonderful wife or maybe crack a few witty remarks. I CAN DRINK! But, you're not going to get any real useful information about DDo. This makes me a poor guest. That's why I haven't done anything lately for DDo.

Oh, wait. You said "as a special quest", not "as a special guest". So you would like to just click "okay" when I tried to interact with you using dialogue. Then you would try to get to the end of me and check out my chest? This does not appeal to me. Oh, and if you groan at me again, you better be dying. :D

Samiusbot
02-24-2010, 05:11 PM
How come YOU have a fancy shmancy "DDo Cocktail Hour" forum tag name and Lessah still has "Dragonmark of Making". She is doing all of the heavy lifting with the editing thing.

Agreed, but i didn't have a tag b4 and she did, maybe that has something to do with it. So i will let you rant at the sky some more and see if that works.

As for Clankenbeard being on the show, there's a serious problem...I don't really play the game enough to know flip all about what's going on. I could maybe talk about pumpkin carving or my wonderful wife or maybe crack a few witty remarks. I CAN DRINK! But, you're not going to get any real useful information about DDo. This makes me a poor guest.

What are you drinking! Have you heard the show? It is 2 people drinking and talking about whatever ddo related. Pumpkin carving, and your wonderful wife and witty remarks, sounds like a show. Heck maybe a 2 parter.

So you would like to just click "okay" when I tried to interact with you using dialogue. Then you would try to get to the end of me and check out my chest? This does not appeal to me. Oh, and if you groan at me again, you better be dying. :D

Well i am sure after a night of pulling stuff out of your chest i would be groaning. :P

Trillea
02-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Lessah! *hugs* I listened to both of your casts yesterday, and having not had a chance to hear your older one last week, I hadn't heard your bad party stories. So I had to send you an email telling about a really bad/turned out good one that I had last week! Enjoy!

Selee

Adoraro
02-25-2010, 03:19 AM
In hindsight we should have made the True seeing a clickly, with the in game graphic being drink a pot.
But then my Stave of the Seer won't be unique!

Did you move all your ingredients to you other ingredients bag?

Samiusbot
02-25-2010, 11:12 AM

Of coarse he did, but that is the one i am taken!

Steiner-Davion
02-25-2010, 11:53 AM
But then my Stave of the Seer won't be unique!

Maybe.......

Steiner-Davion
02-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Of coarse he did, but that is the one i am taken!

But now it is like the Shell Game or Three-Ingredient Bag Monty....

chubbs99
02-26-2010, 02:30 AM
Sorry to break it to you guys. But I'll have to say Go Canada:p
http://www.chubbscorner.com/maille/womens_hockey.JPG

Great show though. Its quiet entertaining to listen to while at work. Great job on the website too, it looks great

Lessah
02-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Sorry to break it to you guys. But I'll have to say Go Canada:p
http://www.chubbscorner.com/maille/womens_hockey.JPG

Great show though. Its quiet entertaining to listen to while at work. Great job on the website too, it looks great

Look at those penalty minutes!
This was not a contest.. it was a WAR!!! hahahahaahaha! I knew they could do it! Way to save face Canada!!!

Samiusbot
02-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I would have rooted for the cold white north, but i still would have liked to see the USA win.

Go men!