PDA

View Full Version : maintenance time

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 06:22 PM
im not sure if im right here, but wa that a 15 hours maintenance just now?
you do realise that there are just as heavy free to play games out there, with no broccoli killing, who take 2-3 hours a week only, and actually do that NOT within the active hours of the vast majority of the world? or you think the world start and end with america?
thats ONE WHOLE DAY A WEEK thats your server is down! or am i missing someting here?
if you must have such a maintenance, do it every 2-3 monthes and only the minimum required in the weekly maintenance. and pick your maintenance hours carefully, PLEASE
i only been throw 2 maintenance times since i joined this game (the first one was 6 days bofor that one? i think) and i alrady put some money into this game. i must say your prolonged maintenances alone make me regret doing that
you have a great game here, its a shame to ruin it over low availability. 7x24=168 in 1 week, 15 hours maintenance is almost 10% downtime. as appose to 1% maybe 2% in other games. again, a vary NOT broccoli ones.. and i dont want to give names.

do review your maintenance procedure

EDIT:

before you rant and rave about things it would be a good idea to read through some things first. todays 15 hour downtime was listed as scheduled maintenance because they were moving their data centers. prior to that was an update where they added lots of new content and fixes to the game. most of the time maintenance is about once a month. i am fine with relaxing and not playing for a day if it means that they will keep up the good work

ok, that make a big diffrance, and i guess you right, i do needed to read more befor runt.
Hokiewa, however, to you i say you need to explore more. i did alot of exploring and can tell you of really neet FtP games that live up 100% to everything i wrote here..

ah another F2P person that cannot read... I bet you do the same thing on those zerger LFM's!!

Its a data center move, not a maintenance day.

Anyways, learn to read before you whine... also dont whine about something you dont pay for....

all of you epochofcrepuscule-like people who ganna get on my case for things i alrady apologized for - just dont, tnx

adamkatt
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
This is not just maint, this is a Data Center move. You might want to read before you rant next time...

Hokiewa
02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
you do realise that there are just as heavy free to play games out there, with no broccoli killing, who take 2-3 hours a week only, and actually do that NOT within the active hours of the vast majority of the world?
thats ONE WHOLE DAY A WEEK thats your server is down? im i missing someting here?
if you must have such a maintenance, do it every 2-3 monthes and only the minimum required in the weekly maintenance. and pick your maintenance hours carefully, PLEASE
i only been throw 2 maintenance times since i joined this game (the first one was 6 days bofor that one? i think) and i alrady put some money into this game. i must say your prolonged maintenances alone make me regret doing that
you have a great game here, its a shame to ruin it over low availability. 7x24=168 in 1 week, 15 hours maintenance is almost 10% downtime. as appose to 1% maybe 2% in other games. again, a vary NOT broccoli ones.. and i dont want to give names.

Review your facts. You are in fact wrong. Welcome to MMO's. Let's not complain when you don't pay a cent kiddo

cscole84
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
before you rant and rave about things it would be a good idea to read through some things first. todays 15 hour downtime was listed as scheduled maintenance because they were moving their data centers. prior to that was an update where they added lots of new content and fixes to the game. most of the time maintenance is about once a month. i am fine with relaxing and not playing for a day if it means that they will keep up the good work

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM

ok, that make a big diffrance, and i guess you right, i do needed to read more befor runt.
Hokiewa, however, to you i say you need to explore more. i did alot of exploring and can tell you of really neet FtP games that live up 100% to everything i wrote here..

adamkatt
02-23-2010, 06:36 PM

Wow really? I mean runt?? Who you callin a runt????

Hokiewa
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM

LMAO, ok:rolleyes:

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Wow really? I mean runt?? Who you callin a runt????

lol, sry, rant. i lernd english late in life, and stil have errors when i type fast. a bit petty of you to note it like that though.

Hokiewa
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
lol, sry, rant. i lernd english late in life, and stil have errors when i type fast. a bit petty of you to note it like that though.

It's a bit petty to complain about downtime when your not paying now isn't it? :rolleyes:

SeqenenreTao
02-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Yikes, I see an OP's head a'rollin. 2 Posts and already into the red. Nice try at sarcasm though; should probably leave that to the vets.

Anyone know where I can find the Maintenance procedures? I need to give Turbine a call to set this right.

-SEQ.

/not signed (so not signed)

btw...my lag is completely gone, I think some hair is growing back on my bald spot, and my face is clearing up. Banner day!

soupertc
02-23-2010, 06:47 PM

So are ya F2P or P2P...cause if your not paying then ya got nothing to gripe about really. If your paying....well ya can gripe on the forums sure.....be we can disagree too.

1airwolf
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM
This is not just maint, this is a Data Center move. You might want to read before you rant next time...

it is 6:49 PM cst and the updates are done and i still cant get to the toon screen can some 1 tell me wat is going on

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zzmbnl.jpg

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
It's a bit petty to complain about downtime when your not paying now isn't it? :rolleyes:

not playing? o.O
only reason i dont play right now is because i cant log. the launcher keep tell me "service unavailable"
or did i missed your meaning?

and i dont think you understood my feeling here, im given a cool new game, leave my guild and friend to play it, then twice in a row i get a day-killing downtime. feels like showing you someting nice, and ask you "you want?" then take it away

soupertc
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM
it is 6:49 PM cst and the updates are done and i still cant get to the toon screen can some 1 tell me wat is going on

check here http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

may help.

SeqenenreTao
02-23-2010, 06:54 PM

1airwolf, try this thread...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=233021

This here thread is for maintenance procedures only! ;)

-SEQ

SeqenenreTao
02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
not playing? o.O
only reason i dont play right now is because i cant log. the launcher keep tell me "service unavailable"

and i dont think you understood my feeling here, im given a cool new game, leave my guild and friend to play it, then twice in a row i get a day-killing downtime. feels like showing you someting nice, and ask you "you want?" then take it away

Step away from the box...don't make eye contact. Not the end of the world. Only a game (a great one mind you).

Have you tried Hello Kitty? ;)

-SEQ.

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
So are ya F2P or P2P...cause if your not paying then ya got nothing to gripe about really. If your paying....well ya can gripe on the forums sure.....be we can disagree too.

i play F2P games becase i like the variety of interesting people. i do pay for game shop items when i like a game (alot more then i wold pay on a P2P game, actually) and yea, i do like DDO

Hokiewa
02-23-2010, 06:58 PM
not playing? o.O

PAYING....as in paying attention....:rolleyes:

soupertc
02-23-2010, 07:03 PM
i play F2P games becase i like the variety of interesting people. i do pay for game shop items when i like a game (alot more then i wold pay on a P2P game, actually) and yea, i do like DDO

well welcome to the game....but I think you have no reason to gripe about something your not paying for. It's not like Turbine is taking your money unless the game is up.....never have I heard anyone gripe about not being able to spend real world money cause the game ain't up.....that's a first!!! It's up now.......so get to spending your money man......we like the updates your funding!!!!

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Step away from the box...don't make eye contact. Not the end of the world. Only a game (a great one mind you).

Have you tried Hello Kitty? ;)

-SEQ.

great idea, actually :P
see you all later in game i hope ;)

and no, i dont play games called "Hello Kitty" as a rule, thenk you vary much =='

qwebeast
02-23-2010, 07:05 PM

i do pay

adamkatt
02-23-2010, 07:06 PM

Or not as the case may be.....

Lorien_the_First_One
02-23-2010, 07:11 PM
i do pay

Not by the hour

epochofcrepuscule
02-23-2010, 07:12 PM
you do realise that there are just as heavy free to play games out there, with no broccoli killing, who take 2-3 hours a week only, and actually do that NOT within the active hours of the vast majority of the world? or you think the world start and end with america?
thats ONE WHOLE DAY A WEEK thats your server is down! or am i missing someting here?

ah another F2P person that cannot read... I bet you do the same thing on those zerger LFM's!!

Its a data center move, not a maintenance day.

Anyways, learn to read before you whine... also dont whine about something you dont pay for....

qwebeast
03-22-2010, 07:01 AM
4 hours maintenance this time.. a bit long but reasnble.

what about me not paying for game? you think i just gut myself a new hairstile and now im primume?
i get into this game about 1k points a month, and thats alot more then alot of VIP out there. or what, you think i dont disurve service becase i prefer one payment method over the other??
i dont know where this additude comes from, i know alot of companys this day give castumers a score and treat them better if that score is high.. but peaple, that NOT ok! snep out of it! you dont have to give a hand to someting as vile as discrimination, even if its done in a "politclly correct" way

Tharlak
03-22-2010, 07:24 AM
What are you going on about?

The 4 hours of maintenance effects everyone. This is not downtime for F2P only. There is no discrimination in downtime.

qwebeast
03-22-2010, 02:39 PM
sry, u must have missunderstod me, the discrimination part is a replay to some of the posts here.
and for good order sake, that was 10k per month, not 1k, just now noticed i wrote it wrong :P

and i bet most ppl who read this just changed thir additude due to the change in numbers, lol. my point exectly