PDA

View Full Version : Put scroll drops in DQ2 Epic

Shade
02-22-2010, 03:16 AM
Really shouldn't need to suggest this since it's more like a bug that they don't..

But yea do it please.

Really tired of sitting on 6 shard/seal/item sets that I can't upgrade because the scrolls don't exists and never will as no one ever runs Desert epic quests..
But people DO run DQ2 epic.. So fix this please.

If your having the same scroll issues.. Bump this. May get it fixed around the 1000-2000 reply mark.

SableShadow
02-22-2010, 03:22 AM
Agreed.

It's a pain getting a decent group together for desert compared to the ease of the VoN epics and the (generally) much better end l00ts. That might change if the hint from Eladrin comes true, and the desert gear gets a buff, but, for now...

Quikster
02-22-2010, 03:29 AM
EOOB is easy enough and fast, though there isnt any reason scrolls shouldnt drop in the raid as well. Not enough mobs to unbalance it, but its nice icing.

/signed

Henrieta
02-22-2010, 10:06 AM
/signed.

Salkanor
02-22-2010, 03:44 PM
/signed.

I have 3 total Dq epic scrolls...and I bought 2 of them! =(

megathon
02-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Ok....so what is DQ2? The only DQ I know is Demon Queen.

valorik
02-22-2010, 03:53 PM
/signed, getting desert scrolls is rediculous.

Belwaar
02-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Ok....so what is DQ2? The only DQ I know is Demon Queen.

DQ2 is the actual Demon Queen Raid. DQ1 is the 6 man pre-raid quest you have to run before you can actually go to DQ2.

Impaqt
02-22-2010, 03:56 PM
so all the Epic folks want an Easy button?

sheesh, if a casual gamer started a thread saying they would like to see something drop in a Quest thats "Easier" to get a group for you people would be all over em...

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

Its hard for a reason.....

megathon
02-22-2010, 03:58 PM
DQ2 is the actual Demon Queen Raid. DQ1 is the 6 man pre-raid quest you have to run before you can actually go to DQ2.

Ah ok. Thank you for the clarification. I'm more used to seeing it as ADQ/DQ than DQ2. :)

Belwaar
02-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Ah ok. Thank you for the clarification. I'm more used to seeing it as ADQ/DQ than DQ2. :)

Yeah, it's all relative, really. ;) At least on Khyber, in the LFM, you'll see DQ2 and most know it's the raid and that you should've by now ran DQ1. But I agree with you in how you've seen it, as I've seen it that way as well.

Hendrik
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM

sheesh, if a casual gamer started a thread saying they would like to see something drop in a Quest thats "Easier" to get a group for you people would be all over em...

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

Grr, can't give you more rep yet Imp...

So, /hi5!

Cyr
02-22-2010, 04:09 PM

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

Troll much? How is one extra scroll pick up each 60 runs you do an easy button? I'm sure the only reason scrolls don't drop in DQ epic is a coding mistake. It doesn't make much sense to exclude them from the quest when you are still killing epic mobs.

Gunga
02-22-2010, 04:10 PM
/signed

Gunga
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

This is typical.

Some vet gets lucky and pulls everything he wants, so anyone who isn't lucky just isn't working hard enough or needs new friends.

It's obvious that this thread has credence..do scrolls go for free on your AH? Doubt it.

Guess what, IMPAQT: EPIC is not that hard. It's just that the scroll drop rate is stupid.

Salkanor
02-22-2010, 04:13 PM

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

There is a difference between wanting an easy button (which I don't..the quests are easy enough) and wanting a better drop rate on scrolls. 30 hours play for 1 scroll? Fail! It seems the drops for seals in the chests are fine..but scrolls? Lousy. =(

Monkey_Archer
02-22-2010, 04:15 PM

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

I wouldnt call that an easy button... Scrolls already drop in Von 6; it probably is a bug that they dont drop in DQ2. Not to mention that the drop rate for desert scrolls is much lower then for von scrolls and there are way more items in the desert to begin with.
I agree with Shade... it is kind of silly that you can have multiple seal/shard/item sets but be unable to upgrade even one because the scrolls just dont exist.

bobbryan2
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM

Join a guild....

Get more friends...

When are people going to stop equating grind with difficulty?

Impaqt
02-22-2010, 04:26 PM
This is typical.

Some vet gets lucky and pulls everything he wants, so anyone who isn't lucky just isn't working hard enough or needs new friends.

It's obvious that this thread has credence..do scrolls go for free on your AH? Doubt it.

Guess what, IMPAQT: EPIC is not that hard. It's just that the scroll drop rate is stupid.

I've pulled exactly 0 epic items so far.... I havent run it much.... but I'm at 0.soI'm totoally cool with increasing the drop rate on scrolls..

There is a difference between wanting an easy button (which I don't..the quests are easy enough) and wanting a better drop rate on scrolls. 30 hours play for 1 scroll? Fail! It seems the drops for seals in the chests are fine..but scrolls? Lousy. =(

I wouldnt call that an easy button... Scrolls already drop in Von 6; it probably is a bug that they dont drop in DQ2. Not to mention that the drop rate for desert scrolls is much lower then for von scrolls and there are way more items in the desert to begin with.
I agree with Shade... it is kind of silly that you can have multiple seal/shard/item sets but be unable to upgrade even one because the scrolls just dont exist.

The thing I see the issue with is the complaint that no one runs epic dessert quests so they NEED to drop in DQ2. that sounds like someone asking for it to be easier to me.
" because the scrolls don't exists and never will as no one ever runs Desert epic quests.. "

Why not run more dessert epic quests? Cause it takes more than 10-15 minutes to run?

Gunga
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM

Because, for some of us, it's difficult to continue to bang our heads agains a wall (grind) when we are pretty sure of the result (nothing). :D

bobbryan2
02-22-2010, 04:32 PM
I've pulled exactly 0 epic items so far.... I havent run it much.... but I'm at 0.soI'm totoally cool with increasing the drop rate on scrolls..

So you're telling people to stop complaining and just run it more when.... you don't currently run it?

Is that what I'm getting here?

Gunga
02-22-2010, 04:33 PM

So it's worse than I originally assumed - you're chiming in on something you know nothing about.

I didn't expect that from you. Maybe you should actually become invested in something before you criticize others for attempting to make it better.

Salkanor
02-22-2010, 04:38 PM
The thing I see the issue with is the complaint that no one runs epic dessert quests so they NEED to drop in DQ2. that sounds like someone asking for it to be easier to me.
" because the scrolls don't exists and never will as no one ever runs Desert epic quests.. "

Why not run more dessert epic quests? Cause it takes more than 10-15 minutes to run?

I have run the epic quests. 30 hours worth in the quests. (not the raid)

1 scroll.

Lousy.

Impaqt
02-22-2010, 04:39 PM
So it's worse than I originally assumed - you're chiming in on something you know nothing about.

I didn't expect that from you. Maybe you should actually become invested in something before you criticize others for attempting to make it better.

And I didn't expect people running epic to complain about low drop rates and not being able to get groups to run the dessert quests....

The reasoning in the op was "because the scrolls don't exists and never will as no one ever runs Desert epic quests.. "

So shade is Lying? He didnt say the drop rate in those quests is too low..... he said no one ever runs em....

Bunker
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
I have run the epic quests. 30 hours worth in the quests. (not the raid)

1 scroll.

Lousy.

Salkanor: I would check with the peeps you've been group with. That ratio is way off from my experience, and others that I know whom have done epic quests in the Sands.

Gunga
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
And I didn't expect people running epic to complain about low drop rates and not being able to get groups to run the dessert quests....

The reasoning in the op was "because the scrolls don't exists and never will as no one ever runs Desert epic quests.. "

So shade is Lying? He didnt say the drop rate in those quests is too low..... he said no one ever runs em....

Just run the quests and you'll come to the same conclusion. Although based on your posts here, you'd probably be screaming louder for more scrolls than Shade did.

Chelsa
02-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Oh I see how it works, uber power gamers can complain about drop rates but casual gamers can't.
Can't have it both ways. Man up and grind it out. :D

Impaqt
02-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Just run the quests and you'll come to the same conclusion. Although based on your posts here, you'd probably be screaming louder for more scrolls than Shade did.

me? I dont ever recall "Screaming" about anything around here....

RATRACE931
02-22-2010, 05:16 PM
First off, /signed.

But secondly while i agree scrolls should be able to drop in epic dq from the what... 20 mobs? I don't see how that would help us get scrolls much faster. What they need to do is go back to the drawing board and rethink the Scroll drop mechanics. They lowered the already low drop rate severly when we figured out that our pets drops scrolls... why not just go back to the old system and NOT let summoned mobs drop scrolls? Or heck don't even allows pets in epic...

Just seems there is a better way than just lowering the drop rate to a point that is rediculous.

Shade
03-04-2010, 08:53 PM
VoN6 only has about 20 mobs too in an average run.. But at the rate I and other runs it, the scrolls do come eventually.. I've seen about 5-10 drop in the ~70 runs i've completed.

And it's not that I don't run desert quests.. I've probably ran them as much anyone (over 100 tokens from the desert alone and gone thru hundreds of scrolls)

Recently I've just farmed them too, some 1800 epic kills = about 18 scrolls.. 0 raid scrolls.

Just finding that 1 scroll out of the list of ~80 or whatever it is really insane. I like hard, but this isn't hard.. This is tedious and near impossible.

The other issue here is the loot table is too large. I'd like to the see the scrolls be more quest specific.

Bunker
03-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Shade: Have you been looking for Epic Scrolls in DQ1 Epic? I was curious to see if Raid item scrolls drop in the pre-raid rather then the other 3 quests.

SableShadow
03-04-2010, 09:18 PM
Y'know, once the first blush of the VoNs ended, a few of us have been running desert stuff a lot more. I'm not all that sure anymore that the drop rates are different between the VoNs and the desert (other than the obvious).

Seems like a lotta junk drops in the desert, but if Eladrin's hinted buff to the desert epic gear happens, I think that objection may go away....yeah, I know, I know...

All just speculation on my part; I gotz no data, just feelings and perceptions. :)

Shade: Have you been looking for Epic Scrolls in DQ1 Epic? I was curious to see if Raid item scrolls drop in the pre-raid rather then the other 3 quests.

Dunno if raid scrolls drop only in the raid/pre-raid, but I know I pulled a Jerky scroll out of eADQ1...and a Bramble-caster seal out of eOOB.

Cyr
03-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Dunno if raid scrolls drop only in the raid/pre-raid, but I know I pulled a Jerky scroll out of eADQ1...and a Bramble-caster seal out of eOOB.

I've pulled raid scrolls out of all of them at one point or another. The list is just so big and some of the scrolls do seem a little more rare that there are a heck of a lot of non-raid scrolls...and heck the best scroll in desert is non-raid ring of spell storing.

Purgatory
03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
/tinfoil hat on

Seems like drop rates are up...or maybe they're keyed to number of people in the party?

Certainly seems like full groups get more scroll drops than shortman....and seems like some items drop scrolls/seals/shards much more frequently than others.

/tinfoil hat off

Y'know, once the first blush of the VoNs ended, a few of us have been running desert stuff a lot more. I'm not all that sure anymore that the drop rates are different between the VoNs and the desert (other than the obvious).

Seems like a lotta junk drops in the desert, but if Eladrin's hinted buff to the desert epic gear happens, I think that objection may go away....yeah, I know, I know...

All just speculation on my part; I gotz no data, just feelings and perceptions. :)

I farm epic scrolls solo all the time, Usualy pulling 2-3 daily with out much effort between raiding on my fvs. drop rate the same.

SableShadow
03-05-2010, 09:05 AM
I farm epic scrolls solo all the time, Usualy pulling 2-3 daily with out much effort between raiding on my fvs. drop rate the same.

Thanks, edited. :)

Gunga
03-05-2010, 09:33 AM

Of course you do.

I pull 2 or 3 +4 tomes, too. They drop from smashed boxes in epic.

You're the best.

SquelchHU
03-05-2010, 10:35 AM

Hi Welcome (to MMOs, where that is the name of the game).

Delacroix21
03-05-2010, 02:12 PM
/signed

Not to mention I find the 2 Epic raids far more FUN and rewarding then the quests themselves. Lets also get like 1 or 2 NEW Epic items in DQ raid like Von, that dont require a seal/shard/scroll.

I would LOVE an Epic Tempest Spine added too, its fun!

Kadran
03-05-2010, 02:22 PM
I've been grinding for girds and firestorm greaves for a looong time now and don't have many of either. Increase their drop rates too, please. I'm tired of ransacking several toons every week to maybe get 1 item.

You all are ridiculous. It's epic becuase collecting the items is supposed to be a challenge. Now, you can argue all day that grind =/= challenge, but I disagree. Taken directly from dictionary.com "something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc" This fits the bill for epic content. It may not be resource intensive, on-the-edge-of-your-seat combat, but there is a very real chance of dying (which Turbine needs to pump up from a minor annoyance to a real hinderance.)

/Not Signed.

Vhlad
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Epic desert is not fun

Too many items, too low a drop rate; the sense of progression is not there.

bobbryan2
03-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I've been grinding for girds and firestorm greaves for a looong time now and don't have many of either. Increase their drop rates too, please. I'm tired of ransacking several toons every week to maybe get 1 item.

You all are ridiculous. It's epic becuase collecting the items is supposed to be a challenge. Now, you can argue all day that grind =/= challenge, but I disagree. Taken directly from dictionary.com "something that by its nature or character serves as a call to battle, contest, special effort, etc" This fits the bill for epic content. It may not be resource intensive, on-the-edge-of-your-seat combat, but there is a very real chance of dying (which Turbine needs to pump up from a minor annoyance to a real hinderance.)

/Not Signed.

Please give your input when you've ran epic. We'll wait.

There is no legitimate reason to not put epic scrolls inside of an epic quest. Your /not signing is utterly ridiculous to read. You want epic scrolls to only be put in 90% of the quests they should be in?

Schwarzie
03-05-2010, 08:04 PM

Some people already pointed it out in this Thread. Several others, I among them, pointed this out in several other Threads also.

Less Grind is NOT easy Button. Casual Setting is Easy Button. Buying Mana Pots in the DDO Shop is Easy Button.

Less Grind is simply a reduction of repetition. A Higher droprate for some Item doesnt make anything EASYER, it simply reduces the necessary repetition.

If you still havent understood this difference PM, then i try to explain this further.

Do you see for yourself how you contradict yourself in your post or do i have to point it out?

Natulyre
03-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I've yet to have difficulty getting scrolls, I get 1-5 per dungeon runs and my large ingredient bag is full of them. Pretty sure you can get scrolls from dq2 epic by killing the gnolls and the boss :>

SableShadow
03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Pretty sure you can get scrolls from dq2 epic by killing the gnolls

How's your jump? ;)

bobbryan2
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
I've yet to have difficulty getting scrolls, I get 1-5 per dungeon runs and my large ingredient bag is full of them. Pretty sure you can get scrolls from dq2 epic by killing the gnolls and the boss :>

Screenshot please.

SableShadow
03-05-2010, 10:19 PM
Screenshot please.

He solos wizking on argo pretty regularly. So, yeah, I doubt he's having an issue with scrolls...or anything else for that matter. ;)

Shade
03-05-2010, 10:48 PM
He solos wizking on argo pretty regularly. So, yeah, I doubt he's having an issue with scrolls...or anything else for that matter. ;)

Don't matter if you solo them 24/7...

It's all about luck. Without insane luck you get nothing in these quests.

I've completed some 100+ epic desert quests and the raid about 50 times, and spent an insane amount of time not completing them but grinding mobs for scrolls.. Completed only 8 epic items (most of which I had to trade for the related items).. And only of those 3 I consider very useful.
In 1/10th the amount of work doing VoNs vs Desert stuff, I could have completed the same amount of items. Is that the intention? Perhaps, thats not the topic.

In my huge bag I have over 120 different epic seals/shards/scrolls (would have closer to 150 count ones i've used/sold).. And none are matching combos.. There's just such a huge variety that getting the right ones is requires extreme luck.

And im not asking for it to be easier.. Just for the criteria of what you need to grind to be expanded to include DQ2.

It does not drop scrolls and it should. That's all this thread is about. Nothing more.

bobbryan2
03-05-2010, 11:01 PM

I meant a screenshot of him picking up a scroll from a gnoll or marilith in DQ2. :)

SableShadow
03-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I meant a screenshot of him picking up a scroll from a gnoll or marilith in DQ2. :)

Gnoll I doubt...hence the "jump" comment. ;)

DQ2...dunno. Think I've seen one in there, but, y'know, all this **** seems to blend together after a while.... :P

Take a breath. My first post, same experience as you, plus full agreement.

Later post...wondering if they didn't tweak up the drop rate in the non-raids a bit. Just seems like more are dropping...dunno if my luck has changed or if they've actually made yet another stealth tweak.

Then again, yesterday a couple buddies of mine killed 1100 trogs for a half-dozen scrolls, all junk. So I dunno if adding scroll drops, by itself, to DQ2 is going to do much at all. I'm all in favor of it, tho.

*shrug*

bobbryan2
03-05-2010, 11:42 PM
Personally, I think the drop rate for epics should be based on the number of items.

So you have a .1% chance of a given item dropping, regardless of how many there are. That would mean there may be a 1.5% drop rate in epic vons, but a 3.5% drop rate in epic desert. Would just make sense that you could find the scroll you're looking for every 1000 kills or so.

Gunga
03-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Don't matter if you solo them 24/7...

It's all about luck.

Yep.

Spent 7+ hours running epic until Divs was on timer for EVERY EPIC QUEST (VONS AND DESERT).

Thousands of kills.

125+ mana pots.

4 Scrolls. 4 USELESS scrolls.

****'* broke.

SableShadow
03-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Yep.

Spent 7+ hours running epic until Divs was on timer for EVERY EPIC QUEST (VONS AND DESERT).

Thousands of kills.

125+ mana pots.

4 Scrolls. 4 USELESS scrolls.

****'* broke.

This is probably not the time to mention I got 2 +4 tomes within the span of a week, is it? :eek:

Personally, I think the drop rate for epics should be based on the number of items.

Stop making sense, damn you! :mad:

Gunga
03-06-2010, 12:03 AM
This is probably not the time to mention I got 2 +4 tomes within the span of a week, is it? :eek:

You already knew I hated you, right?

Grats. I got my tomes though. I need the stupid scrolls.

SableShadow
03-06-2010, 12:11 AM
You already knew I hated you, right? Grats.

Thanks! :)

I got my tomes though. I need the stupid scrolls.

I could use some shards, too...I feel yah, seems like the grind to end all grinds, particularly in the desert.

I got lots of seals, a fair number of shards, lots of scrolls (mostly junk, a few good ones), but....yeah, only a couple matches, nothing particularly best spec.