PDA

View Full Version : New Anvil from the DDO Store a "little" overpriced

marshalknight
02-21-2010, 01:26 AM
So I got one of the new anvils from the Easter Egg Hunt and was out doing slayers/quests in amrath and noticed some of my equipment was damaged. Figured it was a perfect time to test out the anvil. Summoned the Efreet and couldn't even repair because the prices were so high. If this is an item that people pay RL money for, the repair costs should be less than normal.. not 10x the price (looked to be the same price to repair as to repair at the skeleton in the shroud).

marshalknight
02-22-2010, 02:20 AM
Since the devs are off during the weekend i figured id bump this back up so someone will see it

kaelis
02-22-2010, 02:45 AM
Working as intended. so people dont just suicide bomb every quest then repair for end fights etc. Especially in epics.

JOTMON
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Working as intended. so people dont just suicide bomb every quest then repair for end fights etc. Especially in epics.

Fisrtly.. whatttt you have to pay to fix your stuff....

Most of the stuff we get from these runs is vender trash, some goodies, but for the most part the good stuff is things you can( or will be able to) buy from the DDO store. So if you are paying real money to buy something like this from the DDO store why should you be paying again to use it.

This thing is a limited time use repair station that appears and remains at a fixed position in a quest. So who is going to take up an inventory space (or use the DDO store to purchase) to carry an one time use item to repair gear in a quest that you still have to pay to use.. Thats like purchasing a hireling then once summoned into your party charges you to cast heal spells.

Seems pretty useless to me.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-22-2010, 04:59 PM
You know I tought it was a silly item when I assumed that having paid REAL money for it that they wouldn't charge you plat...but if they are charging plat as well, man its a sucker's play.

Salsa
02-22-2010, 06:24 PM
When dealing with players, it's always better to over price something then scale it down then underprice it and scale it up later.

A player once told me 'It's the job of the players to complain'

His point was, the players will never be 100% satisfied with what you do.

I suspect, if the anvil is overpriced and it's usage low, the devs will either adjust the pricing or remove the option depending on what the intent of the item was and how it fits into the scheme of things.

marshalknight
02-27-2010, 09:40 AM
I still believe that if you have to pay real money for something in game money cost for using that item should be minimal or non-existent.. could we get a little info on whether this is WAI or not?

Visty
02-27-2010, 09:47 AM
its an expert repair

expert repairs cost more then normal repairs

wai

theres no quest where you have to repair midquest anyway where there isnt an option already for that (shroud )