PDA

View Full Version : Can you please remove the backpack from the DT robe?

Sarezar
02-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Please? Pretty please? All that hanging stuff, and the bottle of water... we're not on a field trip having pick nicks ;(

Impatiens
02-19-2010, 11:52 AM
I think the backpack is the best part, personally. I mean where are we keeping all those potions we constantly use, the extra weapons, the clickie gear? I like having a bag of some sort showing, not that the DT backpack would be big enough to hold all the stuff I carry around. Now, if they made various skins available for DT and a no backpack version was one of them, I'd be all for that, but no need to change the current one, just give us more choices.

Xeraphim
02-19-2010, 12:03 PM
/signed, /signed again, copied in triplicate and faxed to various redundant agencies for signing, making triplicates and faxing back to me, then signed 5 more times and pressed in a suit presser at the laundromat to add emphasis and de-wrinkle the paper.

Angelus_dead
02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Here's a repeat of a suggestion I made around four years ago: Allow players to choose from a few different ways to wear a robe, such as by slash commands (which are persistent settings).

/robestyle 1 Full frills: bags, bottles, scrolls, and books.
/robestyle 2 Lesser frills: potion bottles and small bags, but not reading material.
/robestyle 3 Athletic cut: the robe itself is retailored more like a martial arts "outfit".
/robestyle 0 Automatic mode: Functions like 1 if your highest (naked) stat is intelligence, like 3 if you're highest in dex or str, and like 2 otherwise.

Impatiens
02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
I definitely like A_D's idea. More variety is always better!

Sarezar
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm sure the devs have read 1000 posts about armor customization, colouring armors, using two armors one for effects the second for the looks, for merging two armours in one to combine looks and effects... I think I posted 5% of those xD And I'm sure they know by now how many people enjoy changing looks for their characters from the points spent in hairstyles. I'd guess they'd soon add in the Store armor stuff, too.

The point is, this is end game armor at the moment. It's just behind epic armor, and it's level 16. At this level we are Heroes. We're not adventurers anymore. We don't see full plates with backpacks do we? Or chainmails or outfits? Why do I need to show that I am carrying a pot and pan and a bottle of water?

Buggss
02-20-2010, 05:53 AM
I remember being the first person I knew that looted a kundarak delving suit from Velah, equiping it whilst still in orbit in Von 6 and the entire party laughing because it looked like a dress! They really need some way to customise, it might look fine on a female toon but I looked like a cross dresser 'til I got my marilith chain several months later. I actually put a bug report in at the time I made it to the relative safety of the old market tent to check the skin was right and I was horrified to find it was.

REALLY need some customisation in the game..

Krag
02-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Here's a repeat of a suggestion I made around four years ago: Allow players to choose from a few different ways to wear a robe, such as by slash commands (which are persistent settings).

/robestyle 1 Full frills: bags, bottles, scrolls, and books.
/robestyle 2 Lesser frills: potion bottles and small bags, but not reading material.
/robestyle 3 Athletic cut: the robe itself is retailored more like a martial arts "outfit".
/robestyle 0 Automatic mode: Functions like 1 if your highest (naked) stat is intelligence, like 3 if you're highest in dex or str, and like 2 otherwise.

/signed
/signed
/signed

The more customization the better.

AylinIsAwesome
02-20-2010, 10:13 AM
/signed on A_D's idea.

GeneralDiomedes
02-20-2010, 05:11 PM
I think development on custom robe commands would be better spent on adding cosmetic slots and equipment dye. It accomplishes nearly the exact same thing and then everyone including non robe wearers can benefit.

If you really wanted a particular high end robe to show with/without backpack, then add a backpack cosmetic slot.

Sirea
02-20-2010, 05:41 PM
This reminds me of the Corrupt a Wish thread...

The devs implement armor skinning....

....but it costs 2995 TP or 30 Epic Raid Tokens :eek:

knightgf
02-20-2010, 05:45 PM
At this level we are Heroes. We're not adventurers anymore.

I beg to differ on that.

Pyromaniac
02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Make the backpack bigger - I mean we're higher level, we should have a huge backpack on our backs too. The more gear, the bigger the pack.

Anderei
02-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Keep in mind you got 100 slots with you! (Okay 80, the other 20 are magical since you need a collapsed hole to get them), That is 80 swords! (or a lot of otherstuff, many not much smaller)

I think actually drawing this while keeping proportions most DDO characters should look like this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2179/2375226765_5648a1d139.jpg?v=0