PDA

View Full Version : Guild Bank!

ice584
02-17-2010, 02:54 PM
There aren't really a WHOLE lot of bonuses to having a guild...that I've experienced so far at least. Guild chat--fantastic--and Guild tab in the Social panel--super handy. However, another infinitely useful tool would be a Guild Bank. Just some place where I can dump hand-me-down or unwanted items for the rest of the guild to pick through. It doesn't have to come with any other bells and whistles or anything. Just something exactly like the shared bank feature, only extended to guild members.

If you ARE looking for feature suggestions, I'm sure there are lots of handy things you could do with it though...
- implementing an expiration date to items so they are automatically sold after X days (funds would go to either the person who posted the item or into a guild pot...for example

I'm sure it's been brought up before in other posts but I just thought I'd bring it to light again, seeing as how I know for me and mine, it would be used often.

Thank you for producing and maintaining such an enjoyable product!
-Ice584

totmacher
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Also, ponies

DownClan
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
There's probably just too much potential for griefing w/ any storage that is shared amongst a group of players. People get p****d-off and leave guilds all the time - it's just part of the natural turn-over, but with a shared storage space, that p****d-off player just might decide to take lots of stuff with him as he leaves.

ice584
02-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Well the assumption here is that you'd put stuff out there that you don't need/want/care about. So if it's taken, it's not a huge deal. Obviously someone taking all the loot like that would suck, and be really annoying, but on the other hand...you were the one's that invited that dips*** into the guild in the first place. I mean, if they're the kind of person that would do that, why would you invite them into the guild anyway? Plus, I think that would be more so an exception to the rule than a standard practice. Good point though.

HeavenlyCloud
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
Also, ponies

You can ride Bo anytime Tot.

also /signed.

rest
02-17-2010, 03:17 PM
I heard Nat Gann asked for a pony.... and now he has disappeared... coincidence?

Also, I would love a guild bank. So I can stop creating mule characters for stuff might someday be useful to someone. Damn pack rat mentality...

ice584
02-17-2010, 03:22 PM
I heard Nat Gann asked for a pony.... and now he has disappeared... coincidence?

**Note to self** Remove feature request for ponies.

AylinIsAwesome
02-17-2010, 03:27 PM
I'd like one too.

GreenDragonStalker
02-18-2010, 05:33 AM
i kinda adressed a way for a guild bank to be done

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=231420

epochofcrepuscule
02-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Just have your officers able to lock gear in the guild bank. If some noob takes it and drops guild it automatically returns to the bank.

Problem solved, unless your a giant guild for no real good reason and make anyone and everyone an officer. After they kick everyone from guild they will raid the bank. SO be more selective and once again..

Problem solved.

(Don't gimme any lip about what if bank is full, your inventory can go into overflow status so it can be applied to the bank as well).

Hurtzz
02-18-2010, 05:41 AM
http://www.funnyforumpics.com/forums/Repost/1/File0004641.JPG (http://www.funnyforumpics.com)