PDA

View Full Version : DT Armor

mons
02-17-2010, 01:58 AM
After so many times it is no longer considered a grind, granted the 3 eldritch for a tempest ... etcetera was a great idea but the randomness is still really just pathetic. Something more definitive needs to be implemented. Would like to hear some suggestions.

Morningfrost
02-17-2010, 02:10 AM
After so many times it is no longer considered a grind, granted the 3 eldritch for a tempest ... etcetera was a great idea but the randomness is still really just pathetic. Something more definitive needs to be implemented. Would like to hear some suggestions.

I hear that there is a special reward if you run a raid 20 times, I think it should be the same with rare drops. I have the same problems trying to get the Devout handwraps at the moment, 20 runs through the Shadow Crypt getting only useless loot should be enough (considering it requires a long reflagging system, btw).

cdemeritt
02-17-2010, 02:27 AM
The only change I'd like to see to DT Armor runes, it seeing what the rune is before pulling it from the chest. This way if I pull a caster rune, I can pass it to the one who want/needs it, and vice versa.. or at least give me the option to not take the rune upgrade... my melee had a freezing ice guard sovereign rune (not what I wanted, but useful) and it got replaced by a devotion 8 rune... I wasn't happy...

mons
02-17-2010, 09:42 AM
The only change I'd like to see to DT Armor runes, it seeing what the rune is before pulling it from the chest. This way if I pull a caster rune, I can pass it to the one who want/needs it, and vice versa.. or at least give me the option to not take the rune upgrade... my melee had a freezing ice guard sovereign rune (not what I wanted, but useful) and it got replaced by a devotion 8 rune... I wasn't happy...

My own 5 month prolonged ordeal for a sovereign rune aside, I've heard several horror stories about how many runs (sos alone) it took before some people got what they wanted, granted the trade in makes things alot easier but the randomness is just absurd.

mons
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
I hear that there is a special reward if you run a raid 20 times, I think it should be the same with rare drops. I have the same problems trying to get the Devout handwraps at the moment, 20 runs through the Shadow Crypt getting only useless loot should be enough (considering it requires a long reflagging system, btw).

Just make an opener on another character, then there will be no need to flag all the time and you can swap out to all your other characters until ransacked.

Uhtred_Stark
02-17-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm fine with keeping it random, but at least give us a chance to deny the new effect. So if you have +25% striding on your eldritch rune, when you put on a upgrade and you have a choice on whether you want to take it or keep your old one. Sucks when you have a semi-useful rune trying to get the one you really want, then end up with something like fearsome replacing it.

Bogenbroom
02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm fine with keeping it random, but at least give us a chance to deny the new effect. So if you have +25% striding on your eldritch rune, when you put on a upgrade and you have a choice on whether you want to take it or keep your old one. Sucks when you have a semi-useful rune trying to get the one you really want, then end up with something like fearsome replacing it.

That would be the A #1 change I'd be looking for.

I *might* like to see some mech for getting runes to your other characters, but only because I would like to encourage people to fill whatever hole parties need to run these. Bound to account may work, but the fact that the runes stack would make identifying them a bit easier, which is not needed.

/rant on.

The thing that always gets to me is people telling "horror stories" of having to run SoS 60+ times to get what they want. The thing with Reaver's Refuse is that it is so very much not designed for you to spec out what it is that you want. You roll the dice and see what you get. If something is useless then you try that bit again, but shooting for something specific is so very against the design. For that reason I *love* the Reaver's Refuge and the DT armor, because the speccing out specific crafting gear in the Shroud was a disaster for the game. It created a massive power gap between the haves and the have nots. Running the Shroud 20+ times became a requirement for any higher end content.

/rant off.

Timjc86
02-17-2010, 01:54 PM
I really like the idea of being able to "recognize" runes you've already used. One of the most frustrating things (for me) is having an ok effect and replacing it with a trashy effect in the hunt for the ideal effect, ESPECIALLY when the trashy effect is one I had just finally managed to replace.

Being able to cancel or even revert to the previous effect would work too.