PDA

View Full Version : 1 new server plz

charmedboy1689
02-16-2010, 05:40 AM
hello i have been playing ddo for over 7 months now. and whats bothering me is all the f2p players. i have heard that there is 2 servers for f2p. but why does it overlode with them on sarlona? i mean everytime i trying to get a party for etc von there always f2p players that want to join and then realise its p2p. so why ´not have a rule that only p2p players can play on some servers and those boring f2p players on another? or if its already too many f2p players on the 2 servers that are f2p get another f2p server... or what do you other p2p members say?

CSFurious
02-16-2010, 05:42 AM
your idea is called segregation and will not help to grow the game

if you do not want to play with f2p, you can put up plenty of insulting lfm's that will keep them away or just play with your guild/buddies

charmedboy1689
02-16-2010, 05:44 AM
your idea is called segregation and will not help to grow the game

if you do not want to play with f2p, you can put up plenty of insulting lfm's that will keep them away or just play with your guild/buddies

ok. i dont say all f2p should get out of sarlona. i just say it should be a little less of them..

Razcar
02-16-2010, 06:09 AM
If you are a veteran who pugs the "new audience" can be an absolute nightmare. You will have to solo or go in guild groups only, unless you have the patience and tolerance of a saint. But as CSFurious says new players are sorely needed - this is hopefully a transition period; the new players will learn the game and the worst morons will likely leave for something newer and shinier eventually.

Lorien_the_First_One
02-16-2010, 06:14 AM
hello i have been playing ddo for over 7 months now. and whats bothering me is all the f2p players. i have heard that there is 2 servers for f2p. but why does it overlode with them on sarlona? i mean everytime i trying to get a party for etc von there always f2p players that want to join and then realise its p2p. so why ´not have a rule that only p2p players can play on some servers and those boring f2p players on another? or if its already too many f2p players on the 2 servers that are f2p get another f2p server... or what do you other p2p members say?

New players are as likely to be a problem, if not more, than f2p/premium players... oh wait, you are a new player, we better put you on the segregated server.

Rasczak
02-16-2010, 07:30 AM
so because some naive or just plain boneheaded-not-paying-attention, players jumped into your parties then everyone should get stuck on seperate servers?
Instead of something so extreme maybe try changing yourself? A lot easier to put p2p in your lfm and select the quest you want to do. Puts a bigass "BUY NOW" on your lfm ;)

Robi3.0
02-16-2010, 07:51 AM
"Hey I want to do VoN I think we will Do Haywire's Foundry first I hope we don't get any F2p players"

Steps for avoiding F2per in your P2p quests.

Step 1
Open create party tab select quest from quest window on the right hand side of panel. Your lfm is now marked for anyone that doesn't have access to the quest you are running. Problem solved!

Step 2
If some still joins without owning the content that person is an ass hat boot them immediately. Feel free to add them to your list.

Segregation is not the answer it wasn't the answer in the 50s and it sure as hell ain't the answer in 2010

Turgar
02-16-2010, 08:31 AM
Ya know, I think f2p players are easy to deal with, you put the quest into the lfm, and violla! they dont join if they dont have the content. What frustrates me, are the players who are p2p who join the group, and suck, but think they are awesome so they dont listen to the party. Can we have a new server for morons? Seriously, just like irl, there wont be a way to weed morons out of any one server, the way to solve the problem is to boot them from your party. Its easy, all ya gotta do is recall out, reform, and dont reinvite the moron dude.

Rasczak
02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Can we have a new server for morons?

We have that already, anyone who lfm's a full party to do casual mode :D

Here's your sign....

Impaqt
02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
"Hey I want to do VoN I think we will Do Haywire's Foundry first I hope we don't get any F2p players"

Steps for avoiding F2per in your P2p quests.

Step 1
Open create party tab select quest from quest window on the right hand side of panel. Your lfm is now marked for anyone that doesn't have access to the quest you are running. Problem solved!

Step 2
If some still joins without owning the content that person is an ass hat boot them immediately. Feel free to add them to your list.

Segregation is not the answer it wasn't the answer in the 50s and it sure as hell ain't the answer in 2010

This is assuming they can first stop using General chat to create groups....

EAB
02-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Dude, I have not had much issues finding VIP's or P2P on Sarlona. In fact I love the group of players on that server. Try playing Orien where it's noob city and you can't get those to join a VIP quest to save your life.

Visty
02-16-2010, 12:10 PM
if you want a vip only server with almost no noobs, come to europe :)

Mannyfrez
02-16-2010, 12:16 PM

Join date (NOV 2009) 7 months playing? You really need to learn how to count..

Sirea
02-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Cannith and Orien aren't specifically for new players, any player can play on any server they want. Many vets probably don't play on them because they are already established on the older servers.

You don't want people who don't own the content to join your lfms? Learn how to put up LFMs properly.

7 months? November 2009 was only 3 months ago.

Hokiewa
02-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Wait....aren't you the same guy that wanted a beholder as a pet at level 4 wizzy? :rolleyes:

KoboldTrapper
02-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Not cool dude. As stated by several, Segregation isn't the way to go. if you get people who don't own content, tell them to buy it, or boot them.

In the OP's defense, people don't always join the forums the day they sign-on to DDO and play. I didn't for about a month, maybe 2 months. It's not about when you join, your "account status", or your choice of server, it's your level of skill, knowledge, and adaptability. If you're missing the last one, you're pretty much screwed in any MMO.

AylinIsAwesome
02-17-2010, 09:16 PM
Not cool dude. As stated by several, Segregation isn't the way to go. if you get people who don't own content, tell them to buy it, or boot them.

In the OP's defense, people don't always join the forums the day they sign-on to DDO and play. I didn't for about a month, maybe 2 months. It's not about when you join, your "account status", or your choice of server, it's your level of skill, knowledge, and adaptability. If you're missing the last one, you're pretty much screwed in any MMO.

In defense of everyone who can count, the join date on the forums is the date you created your account for the game, not the day you logged onto the forums.

IgorUnchained
02-17-2010, 09:30 PM
In defense of everyone who can count, the join date on the forums is the date you created your account for the game, not the day you logged onto the forums.

I was on my 4th toon before I came to the forums.
I started playing in early fall of 06 and my "forum date" says Apr 07 (the date I joined the forum).

AylinIsAwesome
02-17-2010, 10:20 PM
I was on my 4th toon before I came to the forums.
I started playing in early fall of 06 and my "forum date" says Apr 07 (the date I joined the forum).

I made this account in October. I didn't log onto the forums with it or post for almost two months after I made this account. My forum join date says October 2009.

Unless they changed it a few months ago, which I doubt, then you are mistaken.

On the other hand, the forum join date does not necessarily correlate to how long someone has been playing. However, looking at the OP's post and his join date together...it's pretty likely he's either new or not very smart, though most likely both.

uhgungawa
02-17-2010, 10:42 PM
hello i have been playing ddo for over 7 months now.

7 months=Vet? LOL :eek:

techwench
02-17-2010, 11:08 PM
I made this account in October. I didn't log onto the forums with it or post for almost two months after I made this account. My forum join date says October 2009.

Unless they changed it a few months ago, which I doubt, then you are mistaken.
This change happened with EU (Sept 09), but it wasn't always like this. Somewhere along they way, they changed it to where the forum and game accounts were created at the same time.

AylinIsAwesome
02-17-2010, 11:51 PM
This change happened with EU (Sept 09), but it wasn't always like this. Somewhere along they way, they changed it to where the forum and game accounts were created at the same time.

Oh, my mistake then.

Sorry KoboldTrapper and IgorUnchained.

Either way...I'd be highly surprised if the OP did actually play for 7 months beforehand...

Memnir
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
There are no F2P Only servers, nor should there ever be, and I say your suggestion of segregated servers sucks.

Kaeldur
02-18-2010, 12:16 AM
New players are as likely to be a problem, if not more, than f2p/premium players... oh wait, you are a new player, we better put you on the segregated server.
+1

There are no F2P Only servers, nor should there ever be, and I say your suggestion of segregated servers sucks.
+1

We have that already, anyone who lfm's a full party to do casual mode :D

Here's your sign....
Lol. It seems we got too many dorkfish :)

hecate355
02-18-2010, 12:39 AM
If you are such an ace, ignore grouping at lower levels, do all that stuff solo with hireling normal-hard-elite. Only join a group when you cant resist and want a change. The more you level the better situation gets, noobs arent that noob, grass is greener, swords bigger....
Now i know this shouldnt be that way, but i personally find it easier. I rarely form a group a quest i can solo easily and quick. People who cant are happier also those who can, each for everyone.

PS: wasnt meant as insult/mocking(saying just in case :D)

Aeneas
02-18-2010, 01:04 AM
This is assuming they can first stop using General chat to create groups....

or the advice or trade channels.

DoctorWhofan
02-18-2010, 01:13 AM

Sorry...

NO.

For good or bad, and as annoying as some are, I am GLAD they are here.

End of Story.

Are U trying to Start a fight??? I smell something that's hates fire and acid...

blackdrowarcanenuts
02-18-2010, 01:18 AM

Simply put in lfm its p2p not f2p

Pyromaniac
02-18-2010, 05:28 AM
They made servers for new players: Cannith and Orien. We shouldn't need another one.

Sirea
02-18-2010, 06:39 AM
Sorry...

NO.

For good or bad, and as annoying as some are, I am GLAD they are here.

End of Story.

Are U trying to Start a fight??? I smell something that's hates fire and acid...

Hey, welcome back DoctorWhoFan :)