PDA

View Full Version : How to find a guild

EBE
02-15-2010, 01:00 PM
I have been playing the game for a few months, and up to this point have not thought about joining a guild. As I have a very odd schedule of playtime due to life interferring with my ability to play. As such I have not run any quests with a group and have solo'd everything to this point. Though as I continue I am realizing the need to group. My primary question then is how do you find a guild that will work well. Is the best method to search through the forums to see who is recruiting or to make posts stating the type of guild or gameplay I think I would be looking for. For the fact that I have never grouped before I am open to any style though I would be looking for a group that would be willing to help me grow in my enjoyment of DDO.

RangerMaya
02-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Casual? Raids?

I don't recommend any guild that doesn't have a certain standard to join....like a guild that blind invites people or just has an open recruitment. You want to join a guild who recruits those who either know what they're doing (and do it well) or are willing and able to learn. Otherwise you join some guild who randomly recruits and you're just part of a huge pug.

When I was looking to join a guild I looked for people who were fun to play with and not elitist a-holes because it's just a game. I play for fun. But I also looked for people with skills and knowledge to get things done because failing all the time is as fun as running with a bunch of jerks!

There are some guilds who post on the forums (look for your server and there should be a guild heading). Look for the sticky at the top of the threads.

ka0t1c1sm
02-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Having only played the game since September myself, and being a married father of three I can certainly identify with the everyday of real life making it hard to find any time to play. Our guild is small and looking to grow, but filled with some good people who's play-style just might be a fit for you. Give us a look. :)

The Order of Cygnus (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=231138)