PDA

View Full Version : Shroud... Honestly

Giddlypip
02-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Ok so shroud part 4 is getting ridiculous. No, I'm not talking about them fixing harry, I'm talking about the bigger beast, the lag. It's absolutely absurd. so far since the update i've had about 6 shroud attempts. Of the 6, two of them completed. Why? Because we 1 rounded harry. The other four failed because of no ones fault but the servers. If we don't 1 round or very early 2 round him we have always had ridiculous lag about midway second round. Someone was complaining about not getting healed for like 10 seconds but it was no fault of my own. I felt the lag coming. I knew it would come. It always does. So I press my mass cures as fast as the cool down and I use 3 of them so thats pretty much nonstop. Anyway, Health bars don't move, then suddenly six people are dead and we fail again. So if server performance doesn't step up here soon I'm going to have to apologize in advance as I will not be joining anyone's groups unless it's a guaranteed 1 rounder, as in I've run with enough of the dps toons in the group to know we will succeed.

Basically... Long lag complaint because I'm sick of it.

Pip

Gum
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Ok so shroud part 4 is getting ridiculous. No, I'm not talking about them fixing harry, I'm talking about the bigger beast, the lag. It's absolutely absurd. so far since the update i've had about 6 shroud attempts. Of the 6, two of them completed. Why? Because we 1 rounded harry. The other four failed because of no ones fault but the servers. If we don't 1 round or very early 2 round him we have always had ridiculous lag about midway second round. Someone was complaining about not getting healed for like 10 seconds but it was no fault of my own. I felt the lag coming. I knew it would come. It always does. So I press my mass cures as fast as the cool down and I use 3 of them so thats pretty much nonstop. Anyway, Health bars don't move, then suddenly six people are dead and we fail again. So if server performance doesn't step up here soon I'm going to have to apologize in advance as I will not be joining anyone's groups unless it's a guaranteed 1 rounder, as in I've run with enough of the dps toons in the group to know we will succeed.

Basically... Long lag complaint because I'm sick of it.

Pip

Indeed, it's reaching ridiculous status again. When you heal an ally with a little under half of his/her hitpoints left, and it just ignores it and their name goes red...yeah lol I was in there last night hjealing with my bard, and several occasions my heals where there in time, but the lag just ignored them and they took the damage without receiving the heals. Kind of like when a hjaste is thrown, but you get no result on the screen. At one point, I was having to hjeal way ahead of time for it to even take, which is a waste of spell points, and a huge handicap for the adventuring group. Please get er done Turbine.

markusthelion
02-15-2010, 12:41 PM
If theres anything in this game that ticks off Pip & Gum, then I'm signing it!

/signed

Vuedoo
02-15-2010, 12:52 PM
Hit the Nail right on the head.. its not the clerics healing abilities its the lag causing 1 outa 3or 4 cure mass spells from going off .. and still taking spell points from the caster everytime they click the spell.

Turbine should address this quick or just shut the shroud down, its a waste of everybodies Time!

/Signed

ThunderTank
02-18-2010, 10:09 AM
The clerics have to heal before the health bars actually go down ...
If u are running with the right group ( which means no gimps with <300 HP and everyone with weapons to bypass DR) should go smoothly.

Yes, the lag is horrible. But doesnt seem worse than it were before the update imo.

senz
02-18-2010, 12:53 PM
/signed

and having a good group with no squishies etc doesnt help either.

grodon9999
02-18-2010, 01:00 PM
We have the same BS in Ghallanda. Though I doubt anything will change.

Noonie
02-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Sure, lag has gotten worse latelly, but it hasn't affected me from getting my last four completions. You aren't trying to heal through the spikes while fighting the lagmonster at same time are you?

Sometimes it's better to pull the melee out early than try to eek out that extra 10% damage.

dj.kickz
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Sure, lag has gotten worse latelly, but it hasn't affected me from getting my last four completions. You aren't trying to heal through the spikes while fighting the lagmonster at same time are you?

Sometimes it's better to pull the melee out early than try to eek out that extra 10% damage.

wouldn't know, he dies before the blades get to the melee.

crashhurdler
02-20-2010, 12:05 AM
The hard part is when you can't find an intimitank, I don't know how people manage without one

Noonie
02-20-2010, 01:24 AM
The hard part is when you can't find an intimitank, I don't know how people manage without one

huh? treat it just like part 5 always is. surround Harry, and target 1 of the melee (or Harry) with cure mass wounds.

lugoman
02-20-2010, 01:36 AM
There is some problem with pt 4. Just did one where 6 people died on pt 4 and no one got close to dying in pt 5.

uhgungawa
02-20-2010, 01:37 AM
Nope sorry, no lag here on Khyber :p;)

Braegan
02-20-2010, 04:23 AM
huh? treat it just like part 5 always is. surround Harry, and target 1 of the melee (or Harry) with cure mass wounds.

Pretty much. I don't understand the "need" of an intim in shroud. Just give me some dang DPS for a change and we'll see runs that don't take an hour+. The healers demand more DPS, less squishy toons, and more loot! :D

dj.kickz
02-20-2010, 04:36 AM

hes joking

aurum1
02-20-2010, 01:07 PM
There is probably so much lag because people feel the need to hop around like rabbits on steroids during part 4. Seriously people STAND THE F STILL AND SWING YOUR WEAPON!

Juleulven
02-21-2010, 08:00 AM
this post are quite old... but omg i feel the pain in shroud...
clerics can't heal... and if they do its not recieved... its horrible..

and no not a pug .... tight crew done this lots of times...

dj.kickz
02-21-2010, 02:41 PM
this post are quite old... but omg i feel the pain in shroud...
clerics can't heal... and if they do its not recieved... its horrible..

and no not a pug .... tight crew done this lots of times...

this post is quite old? the last post was from yesterday?

Juleulven
02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
this post is quite old? the last post was from yesterday?

Doh i looked at "Join date" .... my bad

Giddlypip
02-22-2010, 01:27 AM
The clerics have to heal before the health bars actually go down ...
If u are running with the right group ( which means no gimps with <300 HP and everyone with weapons to bypass DR) should go smoothly.

Yes, the lag is horrible. But doesnt seem worse than it were before the update imo.

Nah man I feel the lag coming and as I mentioned I DO heal non stop. 3 different cures, and people still just perish from "full" to dead, complaining they didn't get any heals for 10 seconds or more. And I don't think it's the blades because the timing seems to be well before they get there, but it's so laggy it could be.

LOL @ Omm. I feel your pain everyone "needing" an intimitank. It urks me when I start a group and someone joins and says "can you please get someone with 58 intim"

And Dizzy - This is irrelevant when talking about guild runs because yes it's a 1 round before blades, I'm just talkin about pugs that should succeed in a two rounder but can't with the lag. In the last few days I've gotten further without receiving lag but it's still there sometimes.

Maetrim
02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Maetrim is almost ready to intimidate in the shroud! Just need to flag him now!

All those groups needing an intimidator rejoice (if I can be bothered to use the skill in that quest)

dj.kickz
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
And Dizzy - This is irrelevant when talking about guild runs because yes it's a 1 round before blades, I'm just talkin about pugs that should succeed in a two rounder but can't with the lag. In the last few days I've gotten further without receiving lag but it's still there sometimes.

i told turbine to put in the lag to teach you not to pug.

Giddlypip
02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
i told turbine to put in the lag to teach you not to pug.

Well get more shroud toons to run with me so i dont have to pug!

Chai
02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Jeez, if people would stop zerging Waterworks, TR, and Deleras for XP when people are running Shroud, there wouldnt be so much lag...

/sarcasm off

Braegan
02-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Jeez, if people would stop zerging Waterworks, TR, and Deleras for XP when people are running Shroud, there wouldnt be so much lag...

/sarcasm off

Hi Welcome

Giddlypip
02-26-2010, 01:00 PM

/sarcasm off

Yeah right! There is no more zerging or lagging, we've got dungeon alert!

markusthelion
02-26-2010, 02:46 PM
Yeah right! There is no more zerging or lagging, we've got dungeon alert!

haha, toche'!