PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice

RavenDust
02-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I would like to make a Drow Fighter toon but not sure where to start with stats and gear? Ill say that i like to use Great Swords most of all and be the one up front fighting everything. I was thinking of going with 16 str, 16 dex, 14 con and the rest 10's but not sure if that will be good or not :(

Also not sure if i should go rogue first lvl for evasion and then the rest fighter or just straight fighter. please do help me make this toon as i would love to have such a toon :)

Morrissey
02-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I would like to make a Drow Fighter toon but not sure where to start with stats and gear? Ill say that i like to use Great Swords most of all and be the one up front fighting everything. I was thinking of going with 16 str, 16 dex, 14 con and the rest 10's but not sure if that will be good or not :(

Also not sure if i should go rogue first lvl for evasion and then the rest fighter or just straight fighter. please do help me make this toon as i would love to have such a toon :)

It really depends on what else you want. If you want AC, you'll need to keep the dex high and get at least 13 int for CE. If you're not going to try for high ac (pretty hard to get on a pure fighter without s&b) and plan to use greatswords, dex becomes a dump stat - might as well leave it at 8 to pump CON/STR more. Where else are you going with it? Want a imtimitanking turtle? Dps/tactics using beater? Lots of good builds out there, just play with the planner, and try to have some idea of where you're going end-game.

gavagai
02-09-2010, 09:46 PM

Don't have time to pull together a whole a build, but a couple thoughts:

You would need 2 levels of rogue for evasion. Any medium/heavy armor cancels evasion, so you'd have to wear light armor/robes. You would lose the Fighter capstone, which is +10% to your attack speed. And the fighter reflex save is naturally low, so you need to work with gear and feats to make sure your reflex save is high enough to justify all that.

As you gain levels and strength to your attacks, Falchions are better than Greatswords. 15% chance to crit versus the greatsword's 10%. Not sure how attached you are to Greatswords.

The drow race doesn't really bring a whole lot to the table as two-handed weapon fighters at the moment. Your racial weapons are rapiers and shortswords. (Elves have it better, with bonuses to Falchion). The +Dex is useful if you want to dual wield, but not useful for THF; the +Cha is useful for UMD and Intim, but not build-breaking; and the +Int mainly benefits a build desiring high AC with the Combat Expertise feat. No dragonmarks available. And the -2 Con hurts.

That said, for Drow THF 20 Fighter I'd suggest:
Str 18 (16 points)
Dex 10
Con 14 (10 points)
Int 10
Wis 8
Cha 12 (2 points: take the feat Force of Personality to make CHA your Will save.)

If you want to go evasion, you could drop CHA by 2 and STR by 1 and take Dex to 15, but you'll have to work on getting your reflex save high enough to make it worth the loss of the fighter capstone.

Kralgnax
02-10-2010, 08:14 AM

I don't know of that exact build - or how much you know about character builds - but if you start with Aranticus' DDOWiki Newbie Guide (http://ddowiki.com/page/Newbie_guide) and look at the Dwarven footman, that would be a good base - however, that's a dual wield build, so you'll want to sub in Two hander skills, etc. - but it's a good start - mash that up with This 18ftr / 2 rog (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=229937) from the fighter forums, and you're probably good to go.

Do use the character planner, and be sure to take rogue as your first level if you are going to splash - the fighter capstone is pretty nice, so going straight fighter may be a better option for you, nice though evasion is.

Krag
02-10-2010, 08:28 AM

Drow and fighter have rather poor synergy.
And I won't go melee drow unless I plan on using rapiers.