PDA

View Full Version : Looking for raiding guild

Durmast
02-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Candoras, my main, is looking for a guild. Primarily interested in raiding - flagged for everything but Amrath. Level 20 sorcerer, 1 tr (20 fighter). Would also like to get into some epic questing so I can tr again without buying a wood.

Durmast
02-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Wow, this is a blow to my self-esteem. Not a single reply. Not even an invite to Smoky's or Az.

KingOfCheese
02-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Generally speaking, the big-time raiding guilds on Thelanis don't recruit by searching the forums. The more common approach is that an interested person learns about and researches the guild and then makes direct contact with the guild leader or an officer. Many of the heavy raiding guilds have formal processes for admission (giving both the candidate and the guild a chance to get a feel for each other to make sure there is a good fit).

Aspects of your post might also be considered a "turn off" (although you may not have intended this to be the case). In particular, you mention what you are looking for--which has a tone of "what can you do for me? here's what I want." What is lacking is: "here's what I can do to help your group; here's what I can contribute; here is who I am"

The public crack at Smokey's and Az may be considered a personality red flag as well--which probably can only hurt your case with many of the raiding guilds.