PDA

View Full Version : Currency conversion in the Trade window

TessRavenscroft
02-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Turbine needs to add automatic currency conversion in the Trade window, or at least generate an error message if someone tries to trade more plat/gold/copper than he or she currently has. Instead, the field just blanks itself.

I was pulling my hair out last night trying to buy an item from another player. We agreed on 2,000gp as the purchase price. I had plenty of money to cover the transaction, but every time I entered 2,000 in the gp field, it would blank out as soon I hit accept or clicked another field. Turns out the problem was I did not actually have 2,000 gp in my inventory -- instead it was 5,000+ pp and 400 or so gp. Entering 200 in the pp field solved the problem, but left two players rather frustrated from the experience.

TheDjinnFor
02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
While I understand the difficulty, it is commonly accepted knowledge that all currency exchanges are in plat. The idea behind this is that fairly common exchanges such as potion purchase, scroll purchase, repairs, and vendoring in general all deduct from your coppers, silver, and gold before they touch your plat, and so players almost invariably end up with less than 100 or so of gold, silver, or copper, and all their cash in plat. While I agree that newer players do not know this, I sincerely disagree that it has a significant priority as far as updates go.

S0rdmasta
02-09-2010, 10:09 PM
I know this is a messy workaround. But the email system is a reasonably straight forward way of converting coin.

Believe it or not, I've encountered people who won't accept 10Kgp in lieu of 1Kpp. :S