PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Divine Casters

butlerfamilywa
02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
The way I see it, Humans, Elves, Drow, and Warforged get bonus' to hit and such with their racial weapons; longbows, longswords, shortswords, scimitars, falcions, and greatswords..

But the Dwarven Divines ain't got squat! (neither do halflings, true).. So how about we bring back the old staple of the Dwarven warhammer.. I remember those from PnP. How about Dwarven Clerics/Favored Souls be given the feat to wield Warhammers.. atleast it would put them on the same lines as the scimitar/ss/rapier wielding divine casters.

rest
02-09-2010, 12:44 PM
The way I see it, Humans, Elves, Drow, and Warforged get bonus' to hit and such with their racial weapons; longbows, longswords, shortswords, scimitars, falcions, and greatswords..

But the Dwarven Divines ain't got squat! (neither do halflings, true).. So how about we bring back the old staple of the Dwarven warhammer.. I remember those from PnP. How about Dwarven Clerics/Favored Souls be given the feat to wield Warhammers.. atleast it would put them on the same lines as the scimitar/ss/rapier wielding divine casters.

Dwarven divines have the "dwarven faith" enhancement line that gives them more SP...

butlerfamilywa
02-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Dwarven divines have the "dwarven faith" enhancement line that gives them more SP...

Correct, sort of. Dwarven Clerics and Paladins have access to the Dwaven Faith enhancement line, however Favored Souls do not.

Hence, why I believe we should bring back the Dwarven Warhammer to go with the Dwarven Divine Casters. (Or atleast the Dwarf Favored)

rest
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Correct, sort of. Dwarven Clerics and Paladins have access to the Dwaven Faith enhancement line, however Favored Souls do not.

Hence, why I believe we should bring back the Dwarven Warhammer to go with the Dwarven Divine Casters. (Or atleast the Dwarf Favored)

Ah I have never played a FvS of any flavor so did not know that. I'd think they could allow them to use dwarven axes for free since other races get FvS bonuses to melee combat. Or give em Dwarven Faith.

butlerfamilywa
02-10-2010, 10:30 AM
My personal opinion is that GS Dwarven Axes are a bit overpowered in the first place. Giving Clerics & Favored Souls the Warhammer martial feat wouldn't be game breaking, or over balancing.

AylinIsAwesome
02-10-2010, 01:19 PM

Dwarves, Humans and Halflings all get the Longbow and Longsword options. It is only Drow, Elves and Warforged that get extra ones. (And the Drow weapon really isn't all that great either).